• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by melissa
Last Reply: by Neph23
Views: 457    Replies: 1
"last night i went dumpster diving around town in search of a set of poi. i found out a few hours too late that a fellow that i know just took off to the mainland and threw away his new ..."
Posted: by Frenzie
Last Reply: by Cassandra
Views: 877    Replies: 6
"Our lovely mistress Finn has had her baby.Not too sure on details, its a baby boy!!!More details as they come "
Posted: by Cassandra
Last Reply: by kam
Views: 2001    Replies: 19
"Just received the link from a friend here about ... pen spinning...all right so it is not *that* amazing, but for those like me who have fallen in love with contact juggling it is nice...."
Posted: by SorchaTheFlaming
Last Reply: by GodlovinSponge
Views: 1100    Replies: 7
"It is winter, I am sad. its to cold to spin outside and I break things when i do it in the house. its almost x-mas and im still in winter denial. im still wearing tanks and sandels and..."
Posted: by karate kid
Last Reply: by Cantus
Views: 1159    Replies: 6
"i would like to know how good i am. every party i go to people tell me that was the best light show they have ever seen. even people from other states tell me that. i play with fluresce..."
Posted: by FireSpirit
Last Reply: by FireSpirit
Views: 888    Replies: 2
"Has any one seen the new COL2 Flick? If you have I feel that Sage has Blown the compitition out of the water!! I have watched it over and over again, and picked up So many new moves!! T..."
Posted: by Myst
Last Reply: by Pele
Views: 1246    Replies: 15
"I'm done with this sitting around stuff. I'm going to make a video and send it in. May 2002 huh, well I'm in. I wonder how much better I'll get in the coming months. I love my poi a..."
Posted: by Belgarath
Last Reply: by Anonymous
Views: 963    Replies: 4
"Does anyone know the whereabouts of jedimastah? he seemed to vanish just after I won a quiz of his for some poi.(see "http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001469.html")If he isnt go..."
Posted: by GlowWorm
Last Reply: by foobaa
Views: 3621    Replies: 3
"There is all this talk about what fuels to use ect, what is good for this, that kerosene is smelly and smokey, blah, blah, blah, but all i want to know is about citronella oil (one of t..."
Posted: by foobaa
Views: 1114    Replies: 9
"Well I currently have a large egg on my head from twirling my staff, a minor burn from the hot metal of the staff in the crook of my arm, some singed hair in 3 various places, a bruise ..."
Posted: by Mogli
Last Reply: by flash fire
Views: 387    Replies: 1
"Hi all, just wondering if anyone spins in the Whistler Blackcomb area or is coming over soon? Lookin' for someone to play with in the snow. Cheers"
Posted: by sunbeam
Last Reply: by RaVe4bEaNz
Views: 808    Replies: 11
"Hey, where is everyone?I am having a horrible day at work and wanted a chat with someone to cheer me up. However, it seems everyone's either ill or hibernating. If anyone's still out th..."
Posted: by Urban_Culture
Last Reply: by Durbs
Views: 1263    Replies: 5
"oi oijust wonderin weather any of the members actullay use the comuunity, b-cauze sinse i join itz bin pretty dead. If any of u do wen do u use the chat room!sip.s do u think my goods w..."
Posted: by xLessThanJakex
Last Reply: by fluffy napalm fairy
Views: 521    Replies: 9
"For the people still in school, in the UK, when do you break up for christmas?------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi"
Posted: by MystikDancer
Last Reply: by Dom
Views: 853    Replies: 4
"Hey!Has anyone ever tried to attach something like a safe mirror, or CD or something that reflects light above your glowstick? I just got the idea after throwing some CDs around. I don'..."
Posted: by Katinca
Last Reply: by Bendy
Views: 667    Replies: 4
"Hey everybody...Finally our phone is fixed, so we have the internet again.Just thought I'd tell you all since we haven't had a phone for nearly _4 weeks_ And I wanted some people to wi..."
Posted: by NYC
Last Reply: by SickpuPpy
Views: 773    Replies: 2
"Now that I've started thinking of my own poi and fire sculpture ideas I've been wondering what other media that I could use...Can I use pipe solder to make my sculpture? Or will it mel..."
Posted: by adamrice
Last Reply: by Knagi
Views: 979    Replies: 4
"I will be in Chicago Dec 24-Jan 3. Are there any regular spinning jams that'll be going on up there during that time, or would anyone like to just get together for a pint? I'll probably..."
Posted: by SickpuPpy
Last Reply: by digital milk
Views: 468    Replies: 1
"I would imagine that most of the people on this site perform, some professionaly, and any one who performs eventually has to deal with hecklers. Just curious as to what some of your fav..."
Posted: by sagfiresign
Last Reply: by MadGirlBetty
Views: 1191    Replies: 4
"hello and yes im a newbie, (but no trampoline)anyway i was wondering if any aussies out there know of any beach parties (with fire of course)happening christmas eve in the batemans bay ..."
Posted: by Ade
Last Reply: by Pele
Views: 1174    Replies: 1
"Summer's seasons greetings!fireflies are fleeting,spinning upon the waves,fire feeds my days.Just wanted to say, I'm off to play,in the sand, in the sunlots of fun...Happy Solstice Ever..."
Posted: by Anonymous
Last Reply: by jonathan
Views: 5273    Replies: 52
"Hi All,just wondering what others think makes a certain twirler sexy? And I dont want to hear about body features either (we all know that good bods help)...we all also know that some p..."
Posted: by foobaa
Views: 1649    Replies: 4
"Can anyone tell me if Jennifer Steel on page 9 of the pictures is actually wearing anything other than those boots and the very see through mesh top thing??------------------fe fi foo f..."
Posted: by Thistle
Views: 3424    Replies: 22
"For all you ppl who care, if you go to www.therainforest.com you can help save the rainforest just by clicking your button. You can only click once a day tho. Please, please, please hel..."
Posted: by Durbs
Views: 2673    Replies: 34
"Whilst perusing (great word, poor spelling) these boards, I've noticed that the majority of peoples musical taste is towards trancey dance, drum n bass, tribal kind of staff. Whilst I a..."
Posted: by Psylentz
Last Reply: by Psylentz
Views: 1485    Replies: 8
"yesterday while doing yo-yotricks with my yomega strobe-yo, i made a startling discovery, if i start doing normal figure eight liquid, and throw it out it looks cool.but wait... there's..."
Posted: by Spoonerism
Last Reply: by NYC
Views: 1426    Replies: 12
"Hi people hope your all happy,Im having loads of trouble with the slippiness of the surfaces that Im swinging on coz of the oil. Im having to put more concentration into what my feet ar..."
Posted: by NightShade1
Last Reply: by Whiffle Squeek
Views: 1412    Replies: 13
"Today i went to a tournyi was the firts one... start dancing the ppl like it.. i heard while i was dancing... Even the Dj said whoa! that man got it... he is really good!The second was ..."
Posted: by RavingLunatic
Last Reply: by Rick aka Loki
Views: 1329    Replies: 5
"Fellow Americans, citizens of the world: Tonight we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger, and anger to resolution. Whether we bri..."
Posted: by Pele
Last Reply: by adamrice
Views: 1107    Replies: 8
"Ugh...I am soooooo bored.Today in a completely unspinning related accident I managed to rip one of my fingernails completely off, right down to the cuticle. I have tried spinning but th..."
Posted: by yashiro
Last Reply: by rex
Views: 1384    Replies: 10
"that 14 meg video of a guy named sergey... in http://www.houseofrave.com/videos ....watch it =)I mean... for your own good, what's my point? besides for getting a laugh...(even the came..."
Posted: by cassie
Last Reply: by TheBovrilMonkey
Views: 640    Replies: 4
"Hi!All I know is twirling on beaches in Aus, and moving to the UK in winter, i have really lost my motivation to light them up. I even bought some 3 wicks in Spain, really stoked at my ..."
Last Reply: by Charles
Views: 829    Replies: 3
"So, recently I have delved into my least favorite thing of all, agents. Since my Jan show got cancelled I decided to seek out as many agents as I could to work for me and see what would..."
Posted: by RavingLunatic
Last Reply: by getzaphix
Views: 933    Replies: 2
" http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/12/13/ret.bin.laden.videotape/ everyone should watch this video.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~"
Posted: by alterego
Views: 1067    Replies: 10
"Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm currently in Mina Sulman, Bah Rain in the Persian Gulf. No twirlers here but I should be in Perth February 8th and in Sydney a few days later so I..."
Views: 1684    Replies: 18
"Hard trance, progressive trance, and other kind of trance??? i will like to know how to know which is which you know..."
Posted: by LUCIAN POIER
Last Reply: by NightShade1
Views: 1487    Replies: 9
"The question is----How many "friends" have you made since you started doing poi? Since I've been doing it I made lots of new "friends". I got to know the neighbors and my friends wanted..."
Posted: by NYC
Last Reply: by NYC
Views: 1421    Replies: 7
"So I've got this budding idea for a fire scultpure using kevlar wick and lamp oil and whitegas...Anyone know any resources or websites that might help me before I go from "brainstorm" s..."
Posted: by Neph23
Views: 4684    Replies: 32
"Weeeeeee!! *giggles* Id like to say hello before I fall in to my question. Sooo Hello *waves* I have JUST started spinning poi. I think I might be sneaking up an a whole month of pra..."
Posted: by HappySticker
Last Reply: by Charles
Views: 1087    Replies: 6
"here is a pretty good gift idea for that tough to buy for twirler (if there is such a thing) i saw it on yahoo when i was messing around... http://r5.us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://amos.ca..."
Posted: by pozee
Views: 2856    Replies: 24
"well its your turn to be happy birthday'd. so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! your the greatest man, so have a happy birthday to youand many mooooooore!!!"
Last Reply: by NightShade1
Views: 1143    Replies: 6
"if you got it can you tell me some songs of it??? i wanna know what im hearing and i really dont know what are the names of some songs!!!"
Last Reply: by alterego
Views: 1180    Replies: 5
"I have noticed that there are alot of writers on this board, or those who one day wish to be authors.I also have been feeling lately that to express myself and my gripes as a profession..."
Posted: by LUCIAN POIER
Last Reply: by LUCIAN POIER
Views: 3145    Replies: 4
"It always seems to amaze me of how much of an audience you can get when doing your poi. The one thing I don't get is that most people have no clue what this is. Ha Ha, Thats funny ca..."
Posted: by Chotys
Last Reply: by JeStEr
Views: 1004    Replies: 1
"Ok, in January in Melbourne, or somers or whereever, there is this leadership camp thingy that i'm going to and i'm posting to see if any twirlers are goin coz i live in the bush and i ..."
Posted: by Durbs
Last Reply: by Auspoiboy
Views: 1331    Replies: 22
"I'm not sure if i'm doing it right or not, but whenever I connect to this poi channel - no one is ever, EVER, there. I'm I just timing things really badly or does no one really use it?"
Posted: by Shibaki
Last Reply: by RavingLunatic
Views: 1372    Replies: 14
"Alright fellow dancers, I still have not gotten my copy (have been running out to my mailbox every day), but being that I submitted a vid myself, I would definitely like some constructi..."
Posted: by [Nx?]
Last Reply: by [Nx?]
Views: 1152    Replies: 15
"Hi people,Im an arts undergraduate, doing a thing called Performance Writing, (dont ask) and Ive decided to use the stick in my next project. What I hoped from you beautiful people o..."
Posted: by protozoa
Views: 574    Replies: 0
"One of our long-time friends, Dan Pearson, is moving to Israel. Well, we had to give him a memorable send-off, Calefaction style!http://vees.net/g2/.?t=fire/danjam&offset=All photos by..."
Posted: by Ronopotamus
Last Reply: by Ronopotamus
Views: 1331    Replies: 4
"...called "Nut Traces", have a couple of friends that play the digerydoo (<-is that how you spell it?), bongos, guitar, drums, etc,etc...and just get people together who want to play..."