• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by xLessThanJakex
Last Reply: by fluffy napalm fairy
Views: 499    Replies: 9
"For the people still in school, in the UK, when do you break up for christmas?------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi"
Posted: by MystikDancer
Last Reply: by Dom
Views: 702    Replies: 4
"Hey!Has anyone ever tried to attach something like a safe mirror, or CD or something that reflects light above your glowstick? I just got the idea after throwing some CDs around. I don'..."
Posted: by Katinca
Last Reply: by Bendy
Views: 564    Replies: 4
"Hey everybody...Finally our phone is fixed, so we have the internet again.Just thought I'd tell you all since we haven't had a phone for nearly _4 weeks_ And I wanted some people to wi..."
Posted: by NYC
Last Reply: by SickpuPpy
Views: 662    Replies: 2
"Now that I've started thinking of my own poi and fire sculpture ideas I've been wondering what other media that I could use...Can I use pipe solder to make my sculpture? Or will it mel..."
Posted: by adamrice
Last Reply: by Knagi
Views: 767    Replies: 4
"I will be in Chicago Dec 24-Jan 3. Are there any regular spinning jams that'll be going on up there during that time, or would anyone like to just get together for a pint? I'll probably..."
Posted: by SickpuPpy
Last Reply: by digital milk
Views: 411    Replies: 1
"I would imagine that most of the people on this site perform, some professionaly, and any one who performs eventually has to deal with hecklers. Just curious as to what some of your fav..."
Posted: by sagfiresign
Last Reply: by MadGirlBetty
Views: 1089    Replies: 4
"hello and yes im a newbie, (but no trampoline)anyway i was wondering if any aussies out there know of any beach parties (with fire of course)happening christmas eve in the batemans bay ..."
Posted: by Ade
Last Reply: by Pele
Views: 972    Replies: 1
"Summer's seasons greetings!fireflies are fleeting,spinning upon the waves,fire feeds my days.Just wanted to say, I'm off to play,in the sand, in the sunlots of fun...Happy Solstice Ever..."
Posted: by Anonymous
Last Reply: by jonathan
Views: 5220    Replies: 52
"Hi All,just wondering what others think makes a certain twirler sexy? And I dont want to hear about body features either (we all know that good bods help)...we all also know that some p..."
Posted: by foobaa
Last Reply: by foobaa
Views: 1537    Replies: 4
"Can anyone tell me if Jennifer Steel on page 9 of the pictures is actually wearing anything other than those boots and the very see through mesh top thing??------------------fe fi foo f..."
Posted: by Thistle
Views: 3239    Replies: 22
"For all you ppl who care, if you go to www.therainforest.com you can help save the rainforest just by clicking your button. You can only click once a day tho. Please, please, please hel..."
Posted: by Durbs
Views: 2569    Replies: 34
"Whilst perusing (great word, poor spelling) these boards, I've noticed that the majority of peoples musical taste is towards trancey dance, drum n bass, tribal kind of staff. Whilst I a..."
Posted: by Psylentz
Last Reply: by Psylentz
Views: 1314    Replies: 8
"yesterday while doing yo-yotricks with my yomega strobe-yo, i made a startling discovery, if i start doing normal figure eight liquid, and throw it out it looks cool.but wait... there's..."
Posted: by Spoonerism
Last Reply: by NYC
Views: 1258    Replies: 12
"Hi people hope your all happy,Im having loads of trouble with the slippiness of the surfaces that Im swinging on coz of the oil. Im having to put more concentration into what my feet ar..."
Posted: by NightShade1
Last Reply: by Whiffle Squeek
Views: 1205    Replies: 13
"Today i went to a tournyi was the firts one... start dancing the ppl like it.. i heard while i was dancing... Even the Dj said whoa! that man got it... he is really good!The second was ..."
Posted: by RavingLunatic
Last Reply: by Rick aka Loki
Views: 1143    Replies: 5
"Fellow Americans, citizens of the world: Tonight we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger, and anger to resolution. Whether we bri..."
Posted: by Pele
Last Reply: by adamrice
Views: 1026    Replies: 8
"Ugh...I am soooooo bored.Today in a completely unspinning related accident I managed to rip one of my fingernails completely off, right down to the cuticle. I have tried spinning but th..."
Posted: by yashiro
Last Reply: by rex
Views: 1292    Replies: 10
"that 14 meg video of a guy named sergey... in http://www.houseofrave.com/videos ....watch it =)I mean... for your own good, what's my point? besides for getting a laugh...(even the came..."
Posted: by cassie
Last Reply: by TheBovrilMonkey
Views: 592    Replies: 4
"Hi!All I know is twirling on beaches in Aus, and moving to the UK in winter, i have really lost my motivation to light them up. I even bought some 3 wicks in Spain, really stoked at my ..."
Last Reply: by Charles
Views: 674    Replies: 3
"So, recently I have delved into my least favorite thing of all, agents. Since my Jan show got cancelled I decided to seek out as many agents as I could to work for me and see what would..."
Last Reply: by getzaphix
Views: 805    Replies: 2
" http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/12/13/ret.bin.laden.videotape/ everyone should watch this video.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~"
Posted: by alterego
Last Reply: by Durbs
Views: 1011    Replies: 10
"Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm currently in Mina Sulman, Bah Rain in the Persian Gulf. No twirlers here but I should be in Perth February 8th and in Sydney a few days later so I..."
Last Reply: by Cantus
Views: 1376    Replies: 18
"Hard trance, progressive trance, and other kind of trance??? i will like to know how to know which is which you know..."
Last Reply: by NightShade1
Views: 1206    Replies: 9
"The question is----How many "friends" have you made since you started doing poi? Since I've been doing it I made lots of new "friends". I got to know the neighbors and my friends wanted..."
Last Reply: by NYC
Views: 1233    Replies: 7
"So I've got this budding idea for a fire scultpure using kevlar wick and lamp oil and whitegas...Anyone know any resources or websites that might help me before I go from "brainstorm" s..."
Posted: by Neph23
Views: 4355    Replies: 32
"Weeeeeee!! *giggles* Id like to say hello before I fall in to my question. Sooo Hello *waves* I have JUST started spinning poi. I think I might be sneaking up an a whole month of pra..."
Posted: by HappySticker
Last Reply: by Charles
Views: 918    Replies: 6
"here is a pretty good gift idea for that tough to buy for twirler (if there is such a thing) i saw it on yahoo when i was messing around... http://r5.us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://amos.ca..."
Posted: by pozee
Views: 2491    Replies: 24
"well its your turn to be happy birthday'd. so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! your the greatest man, so have a happy birthday to youand many mooooooore!!!"
Last Reply: by NightShade1
Views: 1030    Replies: 6
"if you got it can you tell me some songs of it??? i wanna know what im hearing and i really dont know what are the names of some songs!!!"
Last Reply: by alterego
Views: 1124    Replies: 5
"I have noticed that there are alot of writers on this board, or those who one day wish to be authors.I also have been feeling lately that to express myself and my gripes as a profession..."
Last Reply: by LUCIAN POIER
Views: 3013    Replies: 4
"It always seems to amaze me of how much of an audience you can get when doing your poi. The one thing I don't get is that most people have no clue what this is. Ha Ha, Thats funny ca..."
Posted: by Chotys
Last Reply: by JeStEr
Views: 821    Replies: 1
"Ok, in January in Melbourne, or somers or whereever, there is this leadership camp thingy that i'm going to and i'm posting to see if any twirlers are goin coz i live in the bush and i ..."
Last Reply: by Auspoiboy
Views: 1164    Replies: 22
"I'm not sure if i'm doing it right or not, but whenever I connect to this poi channel - no one is ever, EVER, there. I'm I just timing things really badly or does no one really use it?"
Posted: by Shibaki
Last Reply: by RavingLunatic
Views: 1281    Replies: 14
"Alright fellow dancers, I still have not gotten my copy (have been running out to my mailbox every day), but being that I submitted a vid myself, I would definitely like some constructi..."
Posted: by [Nx?]
Last Reply: by [Nx?]
Views: 1117    Replies: 15
"Hi people,Im an arts undergraduate, doing a thing called Performance Writing, (dont ask) and Ive decided to use the stick in my next project. What I hoped from you beautiful people o..."
Posted: by protozoa
Views: 439    Replies: 0
"One of our long-time friends, Dan Pearson, is moving to Israel. Well, we had to give him a memorable send-off, Calefaction style!http://vees.net/g2/.?t=fire/danjam&offset=All photos by..."
Posted: by Ronopotamus
Last Reply: by Ronopotamus
Views: 1172    Replies: 4
"...called "Nut Traces", have a couple of friends that play the digerydoo (<-is that how you spell it?), bongos, guitar, drums, etc,etc...and just get people together who want to play..."
Views: 729    Replies: 2
"But I was just wondering if Diane from the Art of Poi vid writes on here and if so under which name?"
Posted: by krystie
Views: 1958    Replies: 20
"This would probably be a question mostly for Cassandra, but if anybody else has input to share, please do.Okay, I'll try not to embarrass myself and mangle the language with what little..."
Posted: by rangerbethany
Views: 2372    Replies: 24
"beth's moving to america in a couple of months. not sure if it's florida or georgia yet, but maybe i'll see some of you guys in the flesh. any o y'all from round there?"
Posted: by Psylentz
Last Reply: by TheBovrilMonkey
Views: 1915    Replies: 1
"i do laser yo yo-tricks, after attending a few techno clubs, and seeing a friend of mine do poi, and then a couple of others, and then a couple more, who all do martial arts and can bea..."
Last Reply: by melissa
Views: 1214    Replies: 4
"I spun to opera this morning, more specifically Charlotte Church. I don't know why but the desire kind of came over me to listen to it and then I was moved.I once made a wise crack abou..."
Views: 416    Replies: 1
"http://www.thevenue.org/firespinning.swfa friend of mines video.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~"
Posted: by .draevon
Views: 1180    Replies: 9
"Just letting everyone know that Incendium has 3 new members ... you can check them out in our new and improved members section at the Incendium Website.Their names are Corsica, Kael and..."
Posted: by eturn80
Last Reply: by smilee
Views: 799    Replies: 1
"Well, it end of semester at university, and as always i like to incorparate a little fire into it.So for my paper, i'm describing what i've termed (for now) "Fire Culture"Get back and g..."
Posted: by Shouden-CrD
Views: 637    Replies: 0
"I know this post is kinda in the wrong place, but I wanted to get the attention of the newer spinners as well that may not know to look in the other discussion areas. Please don't beat ..."
Posted: by stiltfire
Last Reply: by Tsa
Views: 1749    Replies: 6
"So, I'm really frustrated today, so I needed to share. I'm so sick of the bullshit that booking agents pull. I've been working at this club for a few months now and in the past couple..."
Posted: by Consuming Fire
Last Reply: by orange
Views: 3019    Replies: 17
"I am doing a report in college about dangerous performers; performers who entertain people by doing dangerous stunts such as fire. In an audience analyses, the people waht to know, "wha..."
Posted: by MiSsFrOg
Last Reply: by pozee
Views: 1107    Replies: 20
"Well, i know i am a little bit early but i wanted to be the first one to post. So happy birthday pozee!!! *hugs*hugs*hugs* erica------------------"come with me to a land o..."
Views: 2285    Replies: 21
"Maybe it's a dumb question but as a firespinning nonsmoker I'm a bit naive about lighters. I've been using disposable ones that I find/borrow but in wind they suck as you all know... I..."