• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by Pele
Last Reply: by Kalaniokeahi
Views: 3251    Replies: 41
"So, as you know we are (slowly) planning the International Convention for 2003.We *hope* to have a mainstage to spotlight professional performers/groups to get a real good taste of styl..."
Posted: by Blu'Fire
Last Reply: by Auspoiboy
Views: 1120    Replies: 11
"A few weeks ago I was trying to tell a girl that I fire twirl and she took awhile trying to understand what I meant. So I broke it down, and explained to her what I do and then she said..."
Last Reply: by Charles
Views: 1005    Replies: 11
"We've talked black boogies, I know, but do you all notice anything else the day after a long spin or performance?In my winter show we did this hting called "taking stock of your body" s..."
Posted: by litre
Last Reply: by Stone
Views: 1301    Replies: 8
"I have been swinging clubs for the last 3-4years and just started poi, poi is fun , Ive made my own after I found out how much they cost but they scare the life out if me....I know I w..."
Posted: by Dru Lee Parsec
Last Reply: by Dru Lee Parsec
Views: 2776    Replies: 38
"Hi Folks:Well I just ordered 2 sets of Poi and the poi video and now I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival here inSane Diego.I've been lurking a bit and you seem to have a really good gr..."
Posted: by Weazal
Last Reply: by Newborn
Views: 1021    Replies: 3
"So I finally ordered beaming poi, and sat waiting anxiously my my mail box. Finally they show up so I go out to the park to use them for the first time and I had a freakin blast. Besid..."
Posted: by rachbug
Last Reply: by rachbug
Views: 530    Replies: 2
"1've spent many days lookin online n stuff but where can i buy regular performance poi balls on adjustable rope w/ just a loop grip...i was wondering where you ppl got ur regular poi.. ..."
Last Reply: by Pele
Views: 1026    Replies: 3
"Just got done reading the Sunday paper. As many (maybe the newbies haven't seen it yet) I am a huge proponent of safety and healthfulness. I have many times strongly advocated for Charc..."
Posted: by ALIBABA
Last Reply: by Glss
Views: 4065    Replies: 25
"here goes nothing.this is not going to impress anyone i know but first let me explain.whilst doing a small street performance with fire stuff another street performer came up and starte..."
Posted: by renfairegeek
Last Reply: by Pele
Views: 1526    Replies: 2
"Hiya Folks,Well, I got my first poi set for Christmas, and have been working with them when-ever the weather is climate enough in Virginia.I've started to notice that my left hand is se..."
Posted: by Carrey
Last Reply: by Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)
Views: 1967    Replies: 21
"I've noticed that there are a few posts in various places about this, but maybe we should have them all in this one?My New Years was one of the best ever at a Murder Mystery dinner part..."
Posted: by Starburst
Last Reply: by Durbs
Views: 333    Replies: 3
"I'm new to this site and the world of Poi and wondered if there were any members on this side of the pond aswell? I'd love to practice with fellow Poi-ers/ists(?) as I'm just starting o..."
Posted: by Ignis Devoco
Last Reply: by Glss
Views: 1250    Replies: 5
"This was a good resource for those of us who are professional performers...so why would you close down the board??"
Posted: by Teine
Last Reply: by Teine
Views: 927    Replies: 2
"it's the randomness fo me again....i'm working toward (hopefully) moving to either england or scotland, and i'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what i should do before act..."
Posted: by majikbrat
Last Reply: by majikbrat
Views: 863    Replies: 3
"I am just learning and as there are no other spinners around me (yes i checked meet people) I am learning on my own. And it is sooo frusterating. Trying to get the length and weight o..."
Posted: by Flambabe
Last Reply: by MiSsFrOg
Views: 1169    Replies: 2
"Well, I have had so many issues with my hair, the most recent is the singe factor. I do braided extensions for a living now and I finally put them in my own hair last year(I couldn't ..."
Posted: by Spin Doctor
Last Reply: by PK_
Views: 795    Replies: 3
"How does one breathe fire???I fancy doing some fire breathing, I'm not totally sure how to do it though, I know you get fuel and you spray it out through your mouth. I just don't have a..."
Posted: by coarsemop on fire
Last Reply: by SickpuPpy
Views: 479    Replies: 2
"lookin for somepeople germany would be cool or even europe! because i cant find my topic, looking for poipeople in munich anymore! so, if anyone wants to put his adress here, mine is co..."
Posted: by cutie poi girlie
Last Reply: by Superman
Views: 4632    Replies: 72
"hi everyone i just wondered what all your real names are? mines *looks around before whispering* alina CPG"
Posted: by Storyteller
Last Reply: by SteelWngs
Views: 1502    Replies: 11
" Burning Man 01, there was a girl doing an erotic dance with a candle, pouring fire on her skin. Every girl I've told about it want's to learn but I can't find any info. Does anyone kn..."
Posted: by The Welcome Matt
Last Reply: by Skeks
Views: 2014    Replies: 12
"Yeah so after knocking myself out with my beaming poi new years eve, I was a little apprehensive about trying to do the alternate butterfly combo thing ever again. I could always do it..."
Posted: by redmow80
Last Reply: by pozee
Views: 1166    Replies: 1
"thought i'd try again on the topic of acrobatic flips while spinning. i am extremely curious if there are any of you out there who can do this. if so, how long did it take you to refine..."
Posted: by clare
Last Reply: by clare
Views: 614    Replies: 8
"thinking of taking up lessons BUT the websites i have found seem to mostly show crumpled women in the depths of midlife crises wearing bad velvet and worse makeup. which is kinda offput..."
Posted: by Christina aka Str0be
Last Reply: by Christina aka Str0be
Views: 588    Replies: 2
"I need some help!! Im wanting to go to Santa Cruz, CA for spring break, but i cant seem to find the local airport. I know they are a few of you on here from santa cruz so if you could g..."
Posted: by Jeff Duncan
Last Reply: by SaBBaS
Views: 1361    Replies: 14
"make a set of poi with alot of small link chainnext attach glowsticks all down them (at a rave its easy to get glowsticks)voila very kool lookin poi"
Posted: by Superman
Last Reply: by Cassandra
Views: 5191    Replies: 9
"First day of class was last night. Im going to the Art Institute for Graphic Design.My 1st class, Computer Applications. My God i want to kill myself in that class. Let me ask you a que..."
Last Reply: by Superman
Views: 6808    Replies: 38
"So... picture this...A proposal is made to have a contest. Then we get begged to extend the deadline of the contest, we did. When the reults came in I began to get inundated with emails..."
Posted: by Alagon
Last Reply: by Tom
Views: 647    Replies: 1
"Anyone out there know what laws there are applying to fire acts taking place out of doors within the UK.cheers,Alagon"
Posted: by DIANNA
Views: 1609    Replies: 20
" ok i was surfing the web and i came accross an anti-poi site if you don't think im right here it is www.lpbk.net it says its a joke but most of us here would find it very stupid or ..."
Posted: by Itsgottab
Views: 1594    Replies: 13
"do any of you city slickers out there do fire poi on the roofs of our apartment buildings. having recently moved to such a city it seems the ideal place to get large audience so many of..."
Posted: by Maximus
Last Reply: by fluffy napalm fairy
Views: 1301    Replies: 2
"A photographer just posted a bunch of photos of us from the Dec. performance in Los Angeles. We were bodypainted by Yaari, a highly regarded L.A. painter, and his assistants. He used a ..."
Posted: by Naganootch
Last Reply: by Charles
Views: 883    Replies: 5
"Well i gotta say my job is def not helping me out with the money. I need more money but don't wanna get another job cause then i gotta tell my boss to not give me certain hours,,, and i..."
Posted: by Galawen
Last Reply: by Peregrine
Views: 2040    Replies: 13
"I was waching the CoL video the other day at my friends house and saw the there is a part when a guy dips his poi on the floor a couple of times, the floor catches fire, then he jumps o..."
Posted: by aSh_vs_aOD
Last Reply: by Bendy
Views: 1881    Replies: 8
"in sydney i cant find any contact juggling balls anywhere,any suggestion replacements or anything or of any books i could learn stuff about it thanxzeke"
Posted: by Raymund Phule (Fireproof)
Last Reply: by Cantus
Views: 1522    Replies: 17
"I have been looking through the pics, and I must say all of you are doing just kick ass. I am very very impressed with all that has been done. Some of those pics don't look possible a..."
Posted: by Carrey
Last Reply: by Peregrine
Views: 1904    Replies: 26
"I've given this some thought and I've come to the conclusion that Poi is much like Douglas Adam's Art of Flying.Now remember, the art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground (for r..."
Posted: by knottyraggakitten
Last Reply: by cyberpunkgrrl
Views: 1143    Replies: 6
"hello everyone. i'm new to this board and hopefully soon-to-be new to the world of poi and firedancing. the only thing is i have no idea where to begin and noone i know firedances. so i..."
Posted: by Acid
Last Reply: by Storyteller
Views: 658    Replies: 2
"hey poi peeps.Haven't been on here for sooooooo long.Anyway i'd just like to say hey and that im fuckin' bored!!!!!!"
Posted: by Psylentz
Views: 3462    Replies: 25
"alright - true obsessionransacking a house for suitable photon clipsdoing staff below freezing point in new england (which means below zero with the windchill)staying up to 2 am to down..."
Posted: by The Welcome Matt
Last Reply: by so_sumi
Views: 3749    Replies: 13
"I was just thinking as I was in a situation where someone asked me what is that thing that you do with the two balls? (this isn't going to be as bad as it sounds) I actually had to adm..."
Posted: by TheBovrilMonkey
Last Reply: by so_sumi
Views: 1743    Replies: 19
"I've just voted in the poll on the main page and I've noticed that 75 people (so far) will be spinning on New Year's Eve.Since I think most of these people will be less than sober, I th..."
Posted: by Cantus
Last Reply: by Surloch
Views: 1988    Replies: 24
"AMAZING HIDDEN PICTURESee if you can find the hidden image in the group of characters below. It takes some concentration, but it's worth it.Don't cheat by scrolling down before you look..."
Posted: by RavingLunatic
Last Reply: by RavingLunatic
Views: 4430    Replies: 15
"I called home today.the place I call home anyway.where my stuff is and where I pay rent.where I still feel like i'm a stranger.my roomate answered.he said "have you heard the news?"I sa..."
Posted: by fireboy
Views: 425    Replies: 0
"Hi all howrya? well its been a long while since i hoped on to a computer that worked in my housein other words we got a new one.so id like to say to everyone HHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII..."
Views: 2923    Replies: 21
"SO I ordered this costume stuff off of ebay.That damn woman tried to charge us three times for the stuff....even after we had paid her! Then I get the stuff and it is nothing like how i..."
Posted: by Ajay
Last Reply: by MiSsFrOg
Views: 1044    Replies: 8
"i've seen a few animated smilies going around, do you all make them or just get them from somewhere?Well anyway I thought id make this topic to make a gallery of them, so if you've got ..."
Posted: by RavingLunatic
Last Reply: by cutie poi girlie
Views: 933    Replies: 6
"For WillI heard the newssitting in my office chairwhere you once stoodnot 2 feet from meI was lostI didn't know how to feelI've never grieved in my life, I don't know howI guess it will..."
Posted: by TranceKuja
Last Reply: by Cantus
Views: 914    Replies: 5
"Just wanted to ask if anyone here is on the Perth Cycling team and went to Hong Kong about two weeks ago..."
Posted: by Knagi
Last Reply: by Knagi
Views: 1179    Replies: 7
"Hehe a new pet joined the scene on christmas. It's a cute little attack and bite everything in site and don't let go kit. I had her out the other day when I finally decided for the firs..."
Posted: by Malcolm
Last Reply: by Raymund Phule (Fireproof)
Views: 1226    Replies: 5
"Here is an article recently written on our fine artsSome like it hotThanks Liam Finnigan (aka Sacred_Spirals) for telling us about the article. &lbr;This message has been edited by Mal..."