Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 4,419    Replies: 37
" :< :> "
Last Reply by
Views: 4,360    Replies: 39
"I just want to say you guys are my friends and i love you all so much it hurts. When can we meet up and wank on about wank "i mean poi" in person, think of the possiblities. By the way ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,412    Replies: 27
"OK, another anonymous one, inspired by other advice threads I was wondering if anyone else here has experienced Poi induced jealousy from their partners?Basically while spinning at clu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,838    Replies: 7
"Last night Pele performed at a charity event for a hospice. She was to entertain while people arrived and to attract attention to the people selling raffle tickets.The local fire depart..."
Last Reply by
Views: 726    Replies: 1
"***"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,704    Replies: 1
"Damn! Now I see what everyone's been saying! I'd been using camp fuel until now (naptha), but no MORE!Talk about a decent burn time! AND, a nice, bright flame! WAAA HOO!!!!!Only scr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,281    Replies: 9
"It all depends what kind of job you want! I've got dreads, pink ones. it hasn't been a problem getting jobs in my area of interest. You should be more worried about twirling with a wad ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,699    Replies: 12
"i need some suggestions for my boi, he went out n got a hicky from a vaccum chick who gave him a bluish welt hicky, and its very noticable, the problem is hes kinda "entertaing" this ot..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,263    Replies: 12
"Do you ever see shapes in the fire? We seem to have gotten a few in our pictures and I'm wondering if anyone else has.I see a wolf head licking the flame in this shot: http://www.pyrom..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,595    Replies: 1
"I feel like im dont know what else to learn tho im dunno what word to use I learn watching videos since on my country is just starting and ppl here just do what? the weave?windmill? b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,658    Replies: 4
"I've had some pretty bad experances with the police I've been shut down everytime they've seen me.I have a gig comming up like tommarow and there's a chance they won't be able to get th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,609    Replies: 20
"HOw many other countries celebrate Halloween??I never thought about it until now. Id love to do the Superman thing (obviously) but i wouldnt want to disgrace the "S" by putting this bod..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,338    Replies: 2
"hey hey,haha im back funni that? hows everyone these days? dammit malcolm when are you getting married? (SORRI IM GOIN TO KEEP ASKING THAT EVERYTIME I COME BACK)N E of the old cats in t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,149    Replies: 5
"Ok, I know there was a post, and I know I'm being whiny, and I know there's probably nothing that you can do yourself, but... PLEASE, GOD (MALCOLM), I NEED ONE OF THOSE!!!I hope your or..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,309    Replies: 17
"what do most people do at the end of their performance? i've built up quite a repertoir of fun/dramatic poi moves and tricks, but i feel i never know how to stop. Is there a good way ..."
Views: 1,868    Replies: 7
"I think we should all gice a ginormous thanx to Malcolm for HoP were would we all be without it??? THANXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,411    Replies: 5
"Hey PeepsIm feeling alittle depressed. I brought my fire poi from this site and have them about 2 weeks now! I was so excited about them. Trouble is, the guy who said he would help me o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 917    Replies: 4
"Ok....So maybe Im overenthusiastic, but how come my poi has just disintegarated before my very eyes???No, ok what happened was, I was trying out a move and the poi clashed 2gether and I..."
Views: 877    Replies: 0
"Hello everybody Now I am not sure if this will apply to any of you but I know that some of the old crew like CAINED AND UNABLE were interested.The Anti-world party is now back on l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,031    Replies: 24
"Just wondering, can anyone tell me why the internet communities use "lol" to express laughter ?really curiousShine oncassandra"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,164    Replies: 2
"Hi, I was wondering if anyone has worked out how to get the smell of kero out of their clothes? Nearly all my clothes smell like kero, and my bags do too. I wash my clothes, and they ar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,646    Replies: 5
"I am such a dick at times!!!!!I was outside practising away with my poi....everything was beautiful, I was admiring the moon and feeling really chilled dancing in the moonlight, everyth..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,491    Replies: 5
"I've had a handful of dreads in my hair for sometime now, and been thinking about knotting the rest along with it. Just curious on employers reactions and such. I know the sterotypes th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,960    Replies: 5
"hehe thanks NYC for telling me no one could respond to the other post,, i didn't realize.ANYWAY....I was thinking to myself the other day that on cruise ships they have clubs and people..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,172    Replies: 19
"I was just wondering if anyone had tried using a glowstick for a handle. It seems to me like it would be a good idea but who knows. If any one has tried this let me know how it turned ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,076    Replies: 1
"Pele,, you said in an old post that the T-shirts would be "white". Well the design for 18 is based on a black background and the shirt would kick ass if it would black and had the desig..."
Views: 1,108    Replies: 0
"a friend of mine was telling me that she went to a fire dancing gathering in new brunswick, nj... i was hoping someone on this board would know something about it so i can invite myself..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,630    Replies: 1
"I waz wonderin how 2 make flourescent poi. iz dere a site or sumtin 2 show how 2 make it."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,947    Replies: 4
"Hey.. I finally got my kevlar today AND 4" wide is BIG! Anyway while messing around trying to figure out how i orded 6 feet of kevlar and had small cathedral wicks, i decided to try s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,442    Replies: 2
"Been living in Seattle WA for the past 4 years and have returned home to Texas. I am living in the Austin area and would like to hook up with some poi folk. If so, contact me at that_fi..."
Views: 894    Replies: 0
"*points at the "my best friends" thread*(scroll down a few messages for those of you who look at it and pass it up. *grin*)------------------ &lbr;PLUR&rbr;-=Crazy Raver Dude=-"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,721    Replies: 3
"What time does the last post represent? NZ, AEST, USA, GMT, beer o'clock time, snappy tom time?Just did a search for "time last post", what are forums 8 and 9?"
Views: 1,272    Replies: 2
"does anybody else just push the home button to go to HOP or am i an obcessed maniac that should seek medical attention...or are we all obcessed maniacs...and if theres more obcessed man..."
Views: 752    Replies: 0
"Just a reminder that if you haven't voted yet, this is the last weekend to get it in. Voting closes on Tuesday, October 30th.It should be close and the designs are fantastic, so if you ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,060    Replies: 1
"i went out on saturday night to a club called cabbage which is in my area...(shame its only on once a month...but very much worth the wait)...i didnt think there was anyone in leeds exc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,310    Replies: 1
"have any of ya'll heard anything about STURT its an arts and craft school there in australia? i sent for info almost a month ago and no info yet. i believe its north west of sydney. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,007    Replies: 2
" HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Just wanted to say a big thank-you to Malcolm , Pele , FlashFire , Charles , anyone else who goes in to ceating this quality site, and everyone who's advise an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,152    Replies: 34
"Okay, i am not going to tell you who i am for fear of incrimination. I need a little bit of third party advice. I have too many different women coming to me. In the last four days i ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,157    Replies: 4
"Hey...Sorry to post a personal but...Josh Hotmail is crap and I can't get into my account.I have fixed your poi handles, although they are really not long for this world at all.I strong..."
Views: 983    Replies: 0
"I'm trying to find two Germans - I think they are in the Munich area - named Sarah and Florian. I met them in San Cristobal de las Casas in Mexico in May just after they were married a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,281    Replies: 7
"Well, here's a decent question...you get really good at spinning and decide to take on the flame...but where do you go playing with kero and be able to spin kero soked wicks w/o getting..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,087    Replies: 7
"I am just posting about our success of our first performance. It was a great night and we were given a lot of compliments by the organiser and we have been asked to come back next month..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,492    Replies: 6
"hey people, just wanted to share with you that I'm having a wicked morning... chillin out at work listen to Bob, and feeling Ohh so damn happy. I can never be down when Bob's playing ..."
Views: 1,012    Replies: 0
"Hey,i met you a few weeks back at a small part at the Asylum. U busted out with your staff and poi. Anyways. I met another guy this last weekend there are we are gonna meet up at Atl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,645    Replies: 4
"How did you guys get started into this wonderful field of fire play and spinning? And how far have you taken it? I've noticed three distict starting points and a distict ending point fo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 748    Replies: 5
"I HAVE BEEN DOING POI FOR THREE WEEKS NOW,IT IS VERY COOL, I JUST WISH I KNEW MORE PEOPLE WHO DO IT SO WE CAN LEARN MORE MOVES"
Views: 1,228    Replies: 0
"I was thinking since i'm so stink at poi maybe a professional poi fan club could be established to follow my ever move so to speak. i just don't know if it should be you stan. come on ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,547    Replies: 4
"what terrible powers have you given these moderator malcom. rain 'em in or i'll have to run riot. whats happened to all the video comp. vid's. my suggestion get rid of some of the old s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,015    Replies: 38
"Just out of interest ...If you're a lurker and wanted an excuse to post, here's your chance. Only one per lurker please.nuxus_sun"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,851    Replies: 7
"idle wonderings...how many people in the world twirl (anything)?what percent of them are actually serious poiers?what percent of poi moves come from traditional Maori poi?oh and last ni..."

HOP Newsletter