Forums > Social Chat > NEED HELP- - - romantic things to do

Login/Join to Participate

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Sunday is my and my GFs 2 month anniversary.We are going out on friday to celebrate early. BUUTTTT the thing is , i really can not think of anything romantic to do. This girl likes to go out, and thats a problem seeing as how i don't drive. Anyone from NYC have a good places to bring a date?keep in mind she's 100% russian,, so she likes ot be around russians sometimes.She's amazingly good looking.Has a good sense of humour.and really wants to head to the city.PS anyone have ideas for something romantic at home, incase i can't get out(crappy weather , no money , etc)

We are defined by the choices we make

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
WellI have to say I like personally really like having nice romatic dinners at home. Candle light, with some nice smelling flowers, and some good food. However, this involves cooking. I hope you can cook. Yeah cook her some nice food, lots of wine and something really nice for sweets. That usually fills up the night wink------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
romantic dinners @ home are great. Find out what her favorite food is. If u can`t make it then go out and find it. A nice bottle of wine/champagne always goes down well. Scented candles are a must, find out what she likes to smell.. rose/lavendar are nice, lemongrass is okay (that ones a personal preferance) Over dinner let her talk about herself.. women like a man who actually listens to what they so (so i`ve heard...*i`m gonna get killed for this I can see*) depending on how comfortable your are in the relationship and full body massage always is a hit. or a scented, candle lit bath. But thats only if you 2 have progressed that far. Otherwise some slow dancing music is good.Just a few things use them or don`t.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
My best effort yet:I had been seeing a girl for about a week and she had previously mentioned that she had never been for a romantic walk on the beach.I recorded "Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys onto a tape, and get fresh batteries for my walkman.That night I went around to her house and took her for a drive with a "mystery" destination. We got to the beach and gave her the walkman earphones, pressed play, grabbed her hand gave her a kiss and we walked along the esplanade and the beach. smileIt was nice while it lasted.Of course in NYC - you might have to pick a different location than a gorgeous Adelaide beach wink

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
sex is always good for a romantic night in smile (or out for that matter?) smileoh yeah - dont forget the dinner and massage first smile

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
Different people take different things to be romantic. I reckon that it's the mood and thought that makes something romantic, not necessarily the location or activity. As Chakan says, make them feel like a princess.If she wants to head to the city you're spolit for choice in NYC! It depends upon personality as well. Some would consider ice-skating at the Rockefeller, followed by a lovely dinner at an intimate resturant, then an early night home for that massage. For some bowling and a slice of pizza will do!Then again, why doesn't she treat you? Equality and all wink (yeah right!)Have fun, whatever you get up to!

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I am with Dom ! when feelings are tehre, going just about anywhere can be romantic, no need for fancy restaurants (where I personnaly do not fel so comfortable) or anything, just a few drops of imagination. Surprise is a major seduction factor IMHO :Why don't you prepare a picnic , put it in your bag and take her walking and then have a surprise picnic somewhere with a nice view over the city. It may sound silly, but beleive me it really can be fun. I know it is cold, but the weather will not be rainy in NYC + a bit of wine and a nice hug will warm you both up... As for after... don't know anything better than soft music, fireplace and massage...Good luckShine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 07 November 2001).]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
Celebrating a 2 month anniversary is romantic.Cassandra has hit the nail on the head tho, the element of surprise is romantic and exciting. The combination of the two will really get her pulse racing.

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
Just a question if you dont mind me asking (before I respond to your query above)...are you Monkey Slooge? Did you write that?------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Make sweet love, down by the fire...-Shep

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
take her somewhere and do something that she has never done. Im sure she has told you something that she has never done and has always wanted to do. Stay away from lots of flowers. One single rose (not red) Ask for an Osiana rose, or a Peonea. beautiful flowers that smell wonderful. Take only the one stem and braid wrap it with a pastel colored ribbon. Its not fancy, its not too much, but it shows you put some imagination in it and some creative effort just for her.Atttch one small peice of greeting card-type paper (very small 2" x 2") to the stem with a small four line poem hand written on the inside. (nice handwritting)For food i would also suggest cooking for her. And if all else fails....take her to the Zoo to watch the monkies do "it"."S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
OMG....Superman, Im all yours......shame youre married. Damn!mmmm mmmm, I could do with a bit of the above right now winkAngie x

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
awe, congrats on the anniversary first of all. having the most chivalris (sp?) guy as a bf i have many ideas for you, and he should also be responding with ideas. ~write her a poem about your friendship and relationship so far. straight from the heart. if you think you can't write, try, it doesn't have to be fantastic but it still came from your heart.~if you take here to a restaurant, call the restaurant before hand and tell them you are celebrating an anniversary and want it to be special~go to a place that plays music in while you are eating (radio whatever) if they have a tape player or something, have them play a special song (your song if you guys have one) and get her up from dinner and dance in front of everyone., i've found that embarassing moments that are sweet make girls feel very special.~ if you aren't going out, a home cooked meal is great, but dont tell her that is what you are doing. have some music, have dinner and dance alone in the house. ~if you want to do something really really fun..........do like a treasure hunt......tell her on the phone to go to a specific restaurant and ask for (a waiter that you called in advance), have the waiter there with a single rose with a note with a poem saying where to go next....do like the a chocolate store next and have a box of candy wrapped and bought for her to pick up and another note.....then maybe a toy store with a stuffed animal ready for her to pick up....with a note to go to the movies....with a ticket bought and ready for her...and a note with the specific row and side she is to sit on, and you will be there.....watch the movie(preferrably one she has been wanting to see)......go back to your place and dance the night away in your living room with dessert and candles. of course it will all be set up in advance. yea yea, that's a huge thing to do but it will be fun and she will melt into you. try and make all the places she has to go pretty close together and close to your house.n8 would you like to add anything to that?------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Get washable crayons and write fun and lovely things all over the bathroom walls and any mirrors.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Angie::::Ummm YUP I"M MONKEY SPLOOGE.....you mean you've actually seen my website???ERF...I have a feeling that we are going to just have a normal night out and then come back to my place for a while,, and since i have a room thats not connected to the house (more or less in my backyard) I'm gonna set it up for some romance. Candles,, i got christmas lights going around the border and celeing insideso when they are on it cast a nice red glow on the room. and maybe i'll make a heart outa some metal and then wrap lights around it and hang it on the celing so when she comes in and get comfy on the couch and looks up she'll see that. Also the present i'm (hopefuly ) gonna give her is really nice. I made it myself. Basically it's a lamp i'm working on . I found a branch with little twigs coming out, so i cut it in half hollowed it out, drilled holes through the twigs(i cut the little twigs don to about an inch and a half in length) so lights can be fed through them,, sanded it down, and then since it's a tree , i carved our names into it in a heart. Hopefully i can finish it in time.

We are defined by the choices we make

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
I'm new to NYC, but I've heard that a particularly beautiful activity that also happens to be very cheap (maybe free? i'm not sure) is riding the Staten Island Ferry. It's like a little cruise, and the view (though slightly depressing nowadays) is supposed to be great. Or so I've heard. You're from Staten Island, so you probably know better than I do. The trick with romance is that it doesn't have to be extravagant to be meaningful. One that I like to do is to secretly pay attention to what her favorite kind of candy is (drugstore candy like Cadbury cream eggs or swedish fish, not Godivas), and tie a ribbon on it or a note and leave it in her bag or her jacket pocket, for her to find later. It would be a nice thing to do for after your romantic evening... a way to prolong the celebration.Good luck!- alleykat------------------this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

bubblezmember
24 posts

Posted:
iight man , im from nyc, this is what u do. take her for a walk threw tha park(free), bring her a doz. roses , replace one with a fake rose n tell her that ur love for her will die when the last rose dies( fake roses dont die) good luck BuBBLz------------------ITS NOT WHAT U KNOW, ITS WHAT U CAN PROVE......

ITS NOT WHAT U KNOW, ITS WHAT U CAN PROVE......