• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by Marlboro
Last Reply: by Cantus
Views: 2348    Replies: 24
"Did ya? Well, I was on me way home about 4 am Sat/Sun when I noticed it. There was a totally detached ring of light circling around the moon, it looked amazing.First time I've seen it, ..."
Posted: by byron76
Last Reply: by Cassandra
Views: 771    Replies: 3
"I must say how delighted i am to have found all of you! I have been spinning for 7 mos. now and it has changed my life. I did'nt even know the word poi untill I found this sight. Thank..."
Posted: by Esrika_d
Views: 1131    Replies: 5
"you know ...its really amazes me sometimes when you leave the place you've always been andg o somewhere new, not forgetting your poi or fire of course!, and interacting with others who'..."
Last Reply: by jonathan
Views: 603    Replies: 2
"I have only been doing Poi for about two months. I felt preety confident about doing some fire Poi cause some guys and gals I met at a recent Poi gathering were all about it.Well, I gav..."
Posted: by retro_goddess
Last Reply: by Durbs
Views: 1305    Replies: 9
"hello people! My name is Nicole. I've been practicing poi for 2 days and I am soooo sore! I have two bruises on my legs, a bruise on my stomach when I got the breath knocked out of me, ..."
Posted: by Cantus
Last Reply: by sandman
Views: 1780    Replies: 23
"Just a little test of your knowledge of weird words http://www.queendom.com/mindgames/quizdom/quiz9.html ------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagab..."
Posted: by Pele
Last Reply: by Auspoiboy
Views: 1668    Replies: 20
"First let me get this out of the way, this is not to be a religious debate nor a conversion ground. I would like honest opinions.I am currently involved in a Victorian Christmas show. T..."
Posted: by Kosmik Lunatik
Views: 2389    Replies: 24
"Would you consider poi a style/type of dance, and if not why?ThanksMatty"
Posted: by cutie poi girlie
Views: 1153    Replies: 18
"do you hate it when people watch u practice? The other day i was spinning in my drive, when my neighbor cameout and started raking up leaves in his drive...fine...until he just stopped ..."
Posted: by Neeko
Views: 816    Replies: 1
"Poor rangerbethany is wondering who is going to welcome her to America under the "i'm coming to getcha" thread. She sounds sad and lonely "
Posted: by Charles
Last Reply: by mobygina
Views: 1530    Replies: 16
"There's a couple of threads at the monent about teaching our arts, practicing with others and performing as well, with some very diverse opinions of it all.In keeping with this, I'd lik..."
Posted: by JeStEr
Views: 1076    Replies: 1
"Alchohol: Liquid ego.Alchoholic: Guy who tries to pull himself out of trouble with a corkscrew.Apathy: The condition of a person who has sat on the fence for so long that the iron has e..."
Posted: by NYC
Views: 755    Replies: 0
Posted: by Lihannan Shea
Last Reply: by Whiffle Squeek
Views: 1717    Replies: 7
"Hello to all! I come seeking guidance and hopefully answers to my questions. I live in Minnesota, and there just isn't a large base of Poi here. Lots of fire breathers, but no twirli..."
Posted: by Cantus
Last Reply: by GodlovinSponge
Views: 2574    Replies: 25
"This is slightly strange so i thought I should share it with you happy shiny people.(boy am i going to get some stick over this)Go here: http://www.yomgaille.com/bordel/un_lapin.html --..."
Last Reply: by cutie poi girlie
Views: 466    Replies: 3
"hi all.. how do you actually attach the wick to the poi when your about to spin fire? i know it's a bit of a stupid question but please help! CPG "
Posted: by dangerboy
Last Reply: by Esrika_d
Views: 1399    Replies: 6
"yahaaaa!!! i have broken out of the hospital and wheeled my iv unit down to the nearest internet cafe to write you all and say thanx for the love. i had to fight my way through a cadre ..."
Posted: by earthdreamer
Views: 830    Replies: 0
"hey Aussies.(and generous folk from faraway lushious lands)...Triple J is running a Real Appeal to help young refugees...you have probably all heard about it...but have you donated? it ..."
Posted: by GodlovinSponge
Last Reply: by **SMILEY**
Views: 4011    Replies: 42
"This Sponge is a staff artist, though I play around with poi if one of my friends happens to have one with him/her.Im just wondering what the ratio is of Staff and Poi.. and how many pe..."
Posted: by Ronopotamus
Last Reply: by Chakan
Views: 724    Replies: 13
"...I just wandered in here the other day. Just like to say hello to everyone. I'm Kolong or Ronan....or anything else you might want to call me I just started practising fire dancing, ..."
Posted: by rangerbethany
Last Reply: by NightShade1
Views: 3164    Replies: 41
"ok so i know you've all meet one.. or two... three, four..i have been twirling for at least a few years, i'm not sure if i'm all that good, i have grace and i'd like to think i have my ..."
Posted: by phunky
Last Reply: by Nomad
Views: 664    Replies: 6
"Congrats to everyone who made it on the vid.Especially to Dustin Rainey who hails from my city! yah, E-town representing Really wish i got my stuff together to send in a vid, oh well...."
Posted: by Shouden-CrD
Last Reply: by rex
Views: 1956    Replies: 26
"I had to brag somewhere. :P I just got a gig at Club 1509 in Ybor City, FL spinning fire for them regularly Thursdays and Saturdays. Yay for me! :PCRD"
Posted: by adamrice
Last Reply: by chicazul
Views: 677    Replies: 7
"Check it out:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A56348-2001Nov20.htmlUnfortunately, they refer to fire-blowing as "fire-eating" but it is still interesting"
Posted: by Auspoiboy
Views: 2305    Replies: 35
"Well, uni is finished, so i have gone home. I came home to find two presents from england, a jar of "Loganberry Jam" just sitting there waiting for me (thanks so much Fire princess your..."
Posted: by Strings
Last Reply: by Strings
Views: 538    Replies: 5
"I have been spinning now for almost three years, but only recently realized that there were other people out there who take it more seriously than just a cool light show. I have been tr..."
Posted: by Seramar
Last Reply: by Girl From Mars
Views: 841    Replies: 7
"Just curious as to whether anyone can suggest ways to strengthen the weaker wrist. I just started spinning not too long ago, and I can learn things with my right hand rather easily (at ..."
Posted: by preambled
Views: 6041    Replies: 23
"More! MORE! MOOOOOOOOORE!!! I can't wait!"
Views: 445    Replies: 0
"Malcolm,I'm not sure what capability you have with regards to this, so I'll just throw my thought into the wind...But it sure would be nice to know what date everyone registers their "M..."
Posted: by PeterB
Views: 3817    Replies: 9
"Hello, I just started out trying to spin poi. I know this is a stupid question, and at the risk of sounding like I don't know what I'm doing, which I don't know. I was alittle confuse..."
Posted: by HappySticker
Views: 1869    Replies: 20
"Well after learning all the moves on the lessons section in a few months and converting them all from my glowsticks to fire then picking up a few more.....my intrest seems to have dropp..."
Posted: by phuzzz
Last Reply: by flash fire
Views: 1144    Replies: 5
"as i save my pennies for my eventual trip to nz i try to envision what i'll be doing with my time... but dont no squat about nz. although my first stop will be the hardware store to bu..."
Posted: by pozee
Last Reply: by pozee
Views: 2526    Replies: 23
"okay, the theme this thursday is red white and blue, with kind of a superhero undertone. any CHEAP suggestions that i could do. i am just looking for some crazy ideas for something to..."
Posted: by flash fire
Views: 576    Replies: 0
Posted: by may
Views: 960    Replies: 7
"hey there, just been looking on the net on the offchance of finding tips about poi, and i stumbled across this beautie! such a brilliant site, well done!! i started playing with poi abo..."
Posted: by Cassandra
Views: 1464    Replies: 22
"Yep... it is November 27th on HOP allready... so... thanks for all the sunshine, the energy and the good witty humour you spread on HOP.hugs to youshine on...CassandraPS : And merry ..."
Posted: by psychomonkey
Last Reply: by Durbs
Views: 845    Replies: 8
"I was on the Straight dope message board today, and this came up. Cant decide whether to reply, or let him figure it out the hard way. http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.p..."
Posted: by NYC
Last Reply: by Anonymous
Views: 3063    Replies: 14
"Just a public service announcement for those of you budding fire trailers... Don't do it where you're hairy. I've been doing it for long enough to know that it burns the hair off. Wh..."
Last Reply: by CrazyRaverDude
Views: 1223    Replies: 18
"This is totally unrelated to anything on this site, but an interesting question that I have posed to myself.. (:Someone told me once that the little white lines that occasionally appear..."
Posted: by NightShade1
Last Reply: by Gheu
Views: 2098    Replies: 15
"pls pls i wanna see the complete video of the winner of poi! i saw the preview and is mad insteresting thoAlso what about the other videos the other ppl that were on the contest also wo..."
Last Reply: by NYC
Views: 378    Replies: 2
"heya! i'm soon getting some fire chains and i wondered if there are any special safety tips i need to learn? Thanx! CPG "
Posted: by Jangla
Last Reply: by CrazyRaverDude
Views: 1845    Replies: 1
"I have already been in discussions with one of you lurverly people about doing some work on a web site and I just wanna open the forum somewhat and let everyone know that I'm gonna be e..."
Posted: by dangerboy
Last Reply: by dangerboy
Views: 1680    Replies: 15
"so i've been breathing fire for the last nine months. i've never understood why it was anything special or scary. i mean, it's easy as snot to do and i've never had any kind of blowback..."
Posted: by poiwonder
Views: 748    Replies: 0
"Hello, this thread is for anyone who is interested in spinning and lives in the Washington, DC or Baltimore areas. I recently went to a large music gather at the armory and found about..."
Posted: by Urban_Culture
Last Reply: by beaker
Views: 1005    Replies: 9
"oi oi. i have been using practice poi 4 quite a while now and can pull of quite a few of the not 2 hard moves. however my practice poi were home made (as gud as the are) and now i fink ..."
Posted: by Girl From Mars
Last Reply: by TEMPEST
Views: 1265    Replies: 12
"hey malcom are you going to put the electroglow staff back in the shop. i was checking that out.------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take."
Posted: by Ajtag
Views: 572    Replies: 3
"im @ apple expo in london and your not... bye byeajtag------------------moo? ... is that it?"
Posted: by Cassandra
Views: 12185    Replies: 136
"Fire Princess,just received the raspberry jam by mail yesterday night. and could not beleive my eyes... you are a woman of word indeed !!!MERCI !!!! you rock !!!!please make sure you ..."
Posted: by Auspoiboy
Views: 1517    Replies: 18
"NYC, i have heard a rumour (well more than a rumour) that you are a teacher. If this is wrong, im sorry.As i don't think it is wrong i will proceed with my question.I am thinking about ..."
Posted: by Backpacker2k
Last Reply: by digital milk
Views: 5596    Replies: 43
"Who do you owe a big sloppy kiss to for getting you into Poi...your "Poi Mentor".Do those wonderful people a favour and namecheck them....they deserve it.Mine, "Sonny"...recently died i..."