Forums > Social Chat > warning: new york political rant ahead

Login/Join to Participate

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
So billionaire Mike Bloomberg won the New York City Mayoral race. He spent over $50 million dollars on his campaign, which is $45 million more than his opponent, and enough money to feed and clothe all the homeless people in all five boroughs for a year or more.It's disgusting. And it's just politics as usual in here in america. Bush bought the White House and Bloomberg bought Gracie and millions of people all over the world don't have anything to eat.This is what I want to see:Someone really rich runs for office. And s/he raises lots and lots of money, on top of all the money s/he already has. And then s/he gives it all to food banks or uses it to build low income housing or buys medicine for homeless AIDS sufferers. Let word of mouth and media coverage of the unprecedented generosity serve as the publicity campaign. I bet s/he'd win. It's not like there's not enough money out there to save the world. The problem is people spending it on attack ads and mass mailings of videotapes extolling the virtues of a lying hypocritical sexist egotistical bigot.Okay, I'm done. Sorry if this is the wrong platform for my woes, but I had to vent. peace,alleykat------------------this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I often wonder why more people cant understand this. Why more people dont do something about it, and why more people let this bullshit continue?Its crazy.Is it not obvious that we live in an unjust society? How can we let people live in poverty while other countries enjoy the millions from the exploitations of those countries?I dunno, Im hoping that our generation will make a change, will turn things around for the better. I think the baby boomer era shall soon be coming to an end when they all retire and the new breed comes in.But then perhaps greed will always rule and the notion that power preceeds greed does exist, and that anyone put inthe position of power will obtain the characteristics of selfishness and greed that seem to be necessary to lead a nation.Something sorta related but not really..... for a few years now there have been a few community radio stations in sydney fighting for a slot on the fm band, namely 96.9. There were some cool shows on them all and they all fought to fundraise and get support and try and win the license. What happened .... Nova FM came along with 1.4 million dollars and bought the license.Its one of my "things" that i dont listen to this station for this reason. I was dumbfounded that they could just come along anf brush away these people that had worked so hard for years to get a chance and because they didnt have the money..... u know the rest!

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
the reason for the worlds troubles is all to do with money or a lack of it. and more importantly who supplies it, who to, at what rate of interest and what for. banks are the ones who do this. its not a difficult concept to understand. but its better to hear it from the source. A guy by the name of Michael Rowbotham has writen a book 'The grip of Death' publisher Jon Carenter Publishing. read it if you can get your hands on it, or get your local library to buy it for you. its a couple of hunderd pages with no jargon in it, its for the lay people.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Interesting point itsgottab.

Meh

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Hey, very interested to read this thread..The world is indeed run by money.I will try to get that book to read, it sounds very interesting..please go read my thread, THE REVOLUTION IS COMING, it talks about this issue and a few others..I am fed up with this system, the way money wins elections, not good policies. the way radio stations play the same crap all day long when there are so many other good songs out there. the way startup radio stations are squashed by regulations and larger ones.The way they force you into things, for example, food shelter and water are things everybody needs. you need money for those, so you have to have a job, and if you have a job, your going to get a paycheck, so you need a bank account. And you need a car to get there, so you need insurance..They control all the banks and insurance agencies, and can charge you anything they want, and you will have no choice to pay it, just so you can EXIST on this planet.it's bullshit, and I have had enough.more importantly, I have a solution.The end of the baby boomers is indeed coming.Stand up and be counted people, please visit my thread (let's see if I can make a link propely)https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001723.html------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Mmm, id like to move up to a commune up in the nimbin area....

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Why not start up an organisation committed to changing the world.You could get the funds by setting up pr and event management services for electoral campaigns.Wouldn't that be ironic??------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
an organization to change the world eh?well.. that is exactly what I plan on doing.except, I will not need to raise funds, I will it will be a free website, with a forum..members all over the world.. ah, it's going to be beautiful.. stay tuned.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
gosh RL, that sounds a lot like... HOP! grin

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
In October in Italy the 4th Assembly of the People's UN met to hear testomonies from individuals from 100 different countries on the reality of war for the poor of the world and the reality of daily life in countries subjected to the economic tourism of corporate globalisation. 'Food, water and justice for all' was the message. 300,000 people marched together for peace, for a globalisation of human rights, democracy and solidarity.the idea is is to start working for a permanent global civil society forum - a meeting place for all the people who want ot create some common involvement of the people. Their goal is to organise civil society in all counties on the theme of 'we want to change the world' to hold forums and marches at the same time. for more info go to www.forumsocialmundial.org.br/eng/index.asp also suggest looking at www.positivenews.org.uk

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the link!I'm checking it out right now.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~