Forums > Technical Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 14,021    Replies: 15
"I just discovered something. There are several disadvantages to using tennis balls to practice, one being if you mess up doing a butterfly they will nail you really hard in the _____ ,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,980    Replies: 2
"I was wondering if you guys think that knowing the 4/5 beat weave and the BTB would be essential to send in a tape for the competition?------------------www.ahh-thepooh.net <<Thi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,900    Replies: 5
"hey there.little ol me found a magic shop here! i went to find some slight of hand tricks to keep me occupied etc.i ended up with flash paper. how that happened im not sure. ok i do kn..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,601    Replies: 9
"ok i have my homemade staff bult but it is way too slick it slides every were any one got any cheap ideas (i'm trying not to spend my mony so i can buy electro glow staff)"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,219    Replies: 8
"ok what would you use braied rope for would you spin them like poi"
Views: 4,707    Replies: 5
"I need some help I really don't like to buy stuff off of the internet, but here's my problem. I need to by some of the poi sets (chains and such) but I can't find any where to buy them ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,586    Replies: 6
"okay i did a search and found zero results for mineral turpentine, although i know i read about it here first. Anyways i thus pose the following questions:1. How well does it work for..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,084    Replies: 10
"okay lets try this again... i colaberated with a kite guy by putting a couple glownecklaces on his kite. one of thos oriental trick kites... well i have since put some on a kite of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,668    Replies: 1
"Hey all. I have been seeing the word trailing pop up a few times in some posts that I have come across in my travles but can not figure out what exactly it is. Im assuming it involves t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,213    Replies: 24
"Hi All,Has anyone tried making smoking Poi and if so what were the results like?? I have had the idea for a while but have yet to manage to lay my hands on the required materials. I wa..."
Views: 1,105    Replies: 0
"yeah does anyone over here ahve this camera...i took poi pics with it...omg it came out horribly...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,340    Replies: 10
"what is the best to use for lasting price and availability------------------the risk is the rush"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,750    Replies: 14
"Doing some searching recently, I have come up with a few additional battery operated toys for us swingers..use your imagination.I realize that these are all from the same website that y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,744    Replies: 14
"Hi Malcolm, Just wondered if there was any chance of the videos coming out on DVD? I'm sure it would be A LOT more expensive to produce but it would be useful - especially the Art of Po..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,259    Replies: 15
"Lynne and I need large/loud versatile speakers.Does anyone have any good ideas on where or what to get? I'm thinking a set like those found in an auditorium or pool hall. Stats from mem..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,515    Replies: 3
"what do u ppl think looks cooler in the dark otta these choices?just glowsticks on ur poi leashes......just floresent poi,the zuni swing type.... or both.. zuni poi and glowsticks?"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,729    Replies: 8
"I know the topic of costumes has been discussed in MANY previous threads. (Yes, I just did a search..hehe)However what I'm looking for is actual pictures of various people's costumes. I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,997    Replies: 18
"ok does any one know of any mixes for homemaid fuel i got pemmmision for a fire spin but i have to pay for all of the metearls i don't wanna buy that price fuel does any one know any th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,038    Replies: 12
"It's like a giant sparkler or something...how is this made, or do i buy it somewhere...&lbr;url=http://64.87.7.217/display.php?image=jason1b.jpg&rbr;What type is THIS&lbr;\url&rbr;"
Last Reply by
Views: 11,208    Replies: 3
"I rang up the local shell chem depot to see if they had any Shellsol T in stock and was told (by the dopey sounding sales guy who didn't really sound like he knew what he was on about) ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,190    Replies: 4
"has any one ever seen thoes bike lights,there square and ther made to clip on when your bikeing(hints the name bike lights.well i have 2 and i was wondering if any one else has any idea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,762    Replies: 4
"hey there. i attempted to post this message the other day but for some reason it didnt show up on the board. nor did any of me posts. this seems to be a more frequent happening.. oddAn..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,214    Replies: 8
"I had an idea for poi that is similar in idea to beaming poi, but instead with lasers. The idea would be to instead of using LED lights use the lasers (particularly ones where the whol..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,370    Replies: 2
"I have a pair of Pure Flame Poi (from the HoP shop) with very warped and frayed wires, which I have been thinking of replacing with ball chain. Does anyone know if the chains with the l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,609    Replies: 8
"I've got a question for all of ya poi people who use glowsticks. Have you ever broken the top of the glowstick? I broke well...3 in about a week cuz i was practicing and the top plasti..."
Views: 1,238    Replies: 0
"can people who have brought the various LED sticks off the internet who live outside of the usa please tell what/who is the best company to deal with in terms of, service/product qualit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,479    Replies: 3
"anyone see the neat new toys @ Burger King?&lbr;i wasn't really there i swear.. err a friend picked them up for me, or something..&rbr;anyways... The Lord of the Rings light-up goblets ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,700    Replies: 1
"there have been various post as to glow staffs and how to make/where to buy/how to use and what if's I want a clear plastic tube darnit and i dont know where to look!!! plexiglass mayb..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,301    Replies: 7
"Just recently I've made two new toys and I'm feeling pretty good for myself. The first is a fire sword and sheath. My second toy is two fire clubs connected together at the end with a m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,025    Replies: 1
"Here is an article I found whilst sufing around ... Pneumonia Rare Disease Is an Occupational Hazard for Performers By Andrea M. Braslavsky, MS WebMD Medical News Reviewed by Dr. P..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,581    Replies: 4
"I could do with some advice. I'm pretty new to playing with fire but have made myself some pretty good fire chains (tube core kevlar wicks) I've probably had about 10 burns out of them ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,602    Replies: 6
"Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but I've been on the site for almost a year now and I haven't seen this question, nor did I find anything like it with the search.To the p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,662    Replies: 8
"It was briefly mentioned in the re-fuelable staff thread but I thought id start a new tread to properly discuss it.I was thinking about the possibility of having a staff or poi that cha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,059    Replies: 11
"I was was wondering if anybody had any ideas of where i might be able to get paint for my walls so when i turn on my black light my walls look really cool :-) ive tried all the normal p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,257    Replies: 3
"firstly, i want malcolm to know that i hate him for turning me into a crazed fool who keeps trying to make stuff.secondly i want to thak malcolm for selling all these toys to play with...."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,052    Replies: 26
"i had the idea the other day of making a long glowstaff out of two glowstaffs, so that the end product would end up looking like darth maul's double light sabre. the plan is to get two..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,578    Replies: 3
"I was wondering if anyone ordered a batery powered glowstick online lately. I've seen a fews sites that have them but I'm not sure whether I should buy them or not. Here are a few of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,498    Replies: 21
"Alright, Ive recently become intrested in fire breathing, poi, all that. I havent touched a poi yet , I dont have one, and am curious about them though.But over the past few weeks Ive ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,689    Replies: 1
"New to firebreathing, i was wondering if the fuel vapours can be harmful. If so, has anyone got any tips on how to reduce the risk (eg by washing out your mouth or something), or which..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,365    Replies: 4
"My mum kindly bought me a glo-staff from the Home of Poi shop for Christmas. But I'm finding it too light and more difficult to use than the fire-staff I'm used to. Has anyone got any i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,116    Replies: 5
"hi, so i have got some poi thingys, not fire ones, just ones that are like err... tennis balls in a sack. there cool and my friends where amazed.anyway my problem is this... i am doing ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,716    Replies: 1
"There was some talk here a little while ago about ball-chains and how they hold up under use. For those who are interested, I've posted some pictures and comments at:http://fire-gear.co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,080    Replies: 25
"A while back you punks tried to convince me that extensive presoaking of wicks was of utmost importance in maintaining wick life. So I've decided to set the record straight with a scie..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,706    Replies: 7
"I LOVE CHRISTMAS! besides the wonderful birth of a savior, i GET PHOTONS! but anyway - here's a nice little toy for you out therei took a plexiglass staff seen here http://www.homeofpoi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,715    Replies: 9
"OK - I got both the COL videos and in one of them (Sorry, I forget who) some dude is "holding" fire in his hand which he then uses to light his staff.Whilst I'm sure this is very danger..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,697    Replies: 9
"being on a wet and windy little island.. many ubmrellas break... and when one did yesterday i took all the nylon stuff off and put a wick on the end of each one. the umbrella i was usi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,890    Replies: 11
"well...I told my parents...so soon because they found out heheh...Ill explain that laterbut, uhm, does anyone have any FAQs, directions, or other articles about fire breathign that offe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,998    Replies: 25
"I am well rather new at the glowstick version of poi. Now I see some of the moves yall are doing on the lessons part of the page and from what I see it looks almost like you are... wel..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,786    Replies: 13
"ok heres the scoop i gonna throw a little party like mini rave and all my friends like to spin and do glow sticks thats a good idea so i was just wonderind if i could get some of your i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,977    Replies: 12
"ok so i had this bright idea but i just got stuck i made my oun staff and got stuck on what to put on the ends im not useing this for fire just practice any ideas? "
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter