• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by Knagi
Last Reply: by Charles
Views: 1442    Replies: 10
"All I can say to this one is umm OPPS. Seeing as it's been less then a week since I've lit up I've been showing it to everyone I can. There's a small town fair type thing going on where..."
Posted: by dask
Last Reply: by Finn
Views: 1351    Replies: 15
"Hi there,Since I'm the only bodyboarder/spinner of my area I wonder if there are a lot of sufers among poiers of this BB and if you feel isolated or a lot of your fellow sufers are spin..."
Posted: by TallJuggler
Views: 657    Replies: 4
"Here in Texas it is June 21. Here are some cool facts about today:It is the official first day of summer.The longest day of the year.And my 21st birthday.Yea me. Just FYI."
Posted: by EnigmA
Last Reply: by EnigmA
Views: 1026    Replies: 3
"Any meteor videos out there?"
Posted: by Guy
Last Reply: by gάrbǿ
Views: 495    Replies: 2
"Hi all!Does anyone here know where in the USA can I get some fire rope?"
Posted: by touch
Last Reply: by Superman
Views: 1106    Replies: 10
"Hey poi people. I`m sorry to steal your attention like this but I feel I have some important things to say. I have been doing poi for a year and a half now, and have found it has made a..."
Posted: by Girl From Mars
Last Reply: by pj
Views: 1217    Replies: 13
"Speaking of meeting others around the area, who is from New York, city or central. and maybe we can arrange something over the summer to gather somewhere. i would be very interested in ..."
Posted: by Tiki
Views: 1020    Replies: 4
"Does anyone know what kind of laws there are for spinning fire in public? As if I were to for say head out to the abandoned old parking lot in my city where the Walmart used to be, or ..."
Posted: by Anonymous
Last Reply: by N8
Views: 1542    Replies: 13
"Hi, I havent posted here before, just lurk, but seeing as how there are a lot of glowstick users and ravers here I figured this would be a worth while public service announcement, at le..."
Posted: by mischivix
Views: 551    Replies: 0
"I have placed a post in the Events and performances bit. Its called ultimate--ecj--ultimate. I am going to the EJC and I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread souly about..."
Posted: by alterego
Last Reply: by Cassandra
Views: 698    Replies: 3
"This is where you recieve trauma to your eye and your aterior chamber fills up with blood fogging your vision and hurting like hell. I've been in the hospital since sunday because I wha..."
Posted: by Superman
Views: 1022    Replies: 8
"ive been gone for almost a month because i got married, and went to Italy for my homeymoon...Man it was awesome!!! I got to see buildings and art i have been studying about for years in..."
Posted: by s-p-l-a-t
Last Reply: by disko
Views: 1542    Replies: 17
"hello, I was just wondering..how many ppl here have experienced this ugly trait in ppl when twirling fire? Is it common for lots of ppl to feel this negative vibe coming across while p..."
Posted: by bhawk
Last Reply: by Simos
Views: 750    Replies: 1
"One of my friends held a party today and I decided to take some glowsticks. As soon as the sun went down i cracked some green glowsticks and started spinning. It was great, it wasnt a b..."
Posted: by Shibaki
Views: 370    Replies: 0
"Okay, Ive been thinking about this for a couple weeks, but dont know how to get started... I would really like some pointers from some of you seasoned fire freaks out there!I read the p..."
Posted: by Kat
Last Reply: by Kat
Views: 1993    Replies: 9
"I might have mentioned that I am going to Thailand and India for a month soon.At the weekend I got eaten alive depite covering myself in repellent.I am pretty worried about dengue and e..."
Posted: by Tiki
Last Reply: by mikeyb
Views: 1099    Replies: 8
"Just thought I'd share with everyone that I finally lit up night before last for the first time. (Thanks Malcolm for the beaming poi, and double thanks for quick delivery of the fire p..."
Posted: by Kat
Views: 1038    Replies: 2
"Hi Folks.World Juggling Day in Senshu Park was a lot of fun, even though there were only a few of us there.I am covered in Mozzie bites despite slapping on the repellent. Check out some..."
Posted: by Pele
Views: 820    Replies: 9
"The oooh's and aaaah's of performance are nice, no one can deny that. The applause, the whistles, the cheers get our hearts pumping and make us want to do more, push further and sate th..."
Views: 564    Replies: 0
Posted: by tekknogurrl
Last Reply: by Anonymous
Views: 938    Replies: 4
"i think that the splitting up of the messageboard into new moves and technical discussion and social discussion is counterproductive, and wastes time. i dont know if anybody is with me..."
Last Reply: by tekknogurrl
Views: 4236    Replies: 12
"We have all determined that somewhere along the way we are addicted to spinning. Several of us have at least minor parts of addictive personality traits in us, so out of curiousity, if ..."
Posted: by Twist
Last Reply: by Twist
Views: 1110    Replies: 6
Views: 1637    Replies: 2
"Hey all,as some of you know, I'm juggling a lot lately, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a HOp style board for ball juggling?I'm reaching a stage where I think I need some resources..."
Views: 1057    Replies: 4
"Hi everyone my name is David completely new to the WWW. and message boards as i have spent the past twenty years doing what i call Fire/Glowstick Twisters, some people mistake them for..."
Last Reply: by Pele'sWhippingBoy
Views: 936    Replies: 6
"does anyone here have tips on how to gracefully end a show? i will be twirling in an outdoor musical here at college, and i dont want my flames to fizzle out too soon (i'd like to last..."
Views: 1306    Replies: 10
"It's summer here in the U.S., as most of you know. I live in the North East, known for the nasty winter storms. I can handle that, no problem.Today however it was a sunny, cloudless day..."
Posted: by Cassandra
Views: 981    Replies: 2
"Help !I am looking for the music used in the video on the HOP site for the performance at the "Christchurch Winter Festival". (well done girls by the way !!!)Can you please help me out ..."
Views: 633    Replies: 0
"I was watching the travel channel just now and this show came on about freaky things/places. There, on the show, was a girl doing a *very* bad rendition of fire fingers. She was clad in..."
Views: 2680    Replies: 10
"Ok everyone, I know we are all finding it hard to settle into the new arrangements, but we just have to put the shakeup behind us and Get on with the Job(tm).There is information to be ..."
Posted: by pj
Last Reply: by Stone
Views: 3314    Replies: 3
"Ok. A friend of mine, a novice staff twirler, had a blood test this afternoon. There was much need for celebration this evening, so celebrate we did! Then when out for some staff prac..."
Posted: by Katinca
Last Reply: by flash fire
Views: 2029    Replies: 16
"I know I am newly registered to this board, but my boyfriend is not. He and I have both noted how many young people have popped up lately on the board.And I would assume that you guys h..."
Last Reply: by Shibaki the Jewishmamacho
Views: 1302    Replies: 4
"I am in dire need of purchasing a camera. I read in a previous thread that someone bought a Nikon Coolpix 990, so I looked it up, and it looks totally bad.Adjustable shutter speed, 3.3 ..."
Posted: by Drake
Last Reply: by Nomad
Views: 2658    Replies: 31
"ok, i just saw Requiem for a Dream. have any of you seen it? if so, i think you feel what im gunna say next. excuse my language, but that is the MOST fucked up movie i have ever seen..."
Posted: by Jez
Views: 1231    Replies: 8
"I always practice in the courtyard in front of my flats and I have caught the attention of the kids in our estate. Most of the time they are well behaved and I have let them have a go t..."
Views: 2384    Replies: 29
"Not to sound elitist because I am not, I like all the people on the board but I feel the need to ask after half the posts I have read today.....Why with all the rave sites evidentally o..."
Last Reply: by psychomonkey
Views: 1722    Replies: 12
"So I told Malcolm that I will do a FAQ on fire breathing/eating and I think I will add trailing into it since I get asked about that a fair bit. In order for me to make the most of this..."
Last Reply: by Jeff Duncan
Views: 508    Replies: 1
"I live in Louisiana and i can hardly find places here to show my skills. I use glowsticks for my swinging. There are alot of people who who try to immitate and that's why most places do..."
Posted: by Girl From Mars
Last Reply: by flash fire
Views: 813    Replies: 3
"for all of you who get hired for events or other things. how do you get these jobs. do you live in an area where there is a high demand for performers or do you advertise in anyway. i t..."
Posted: by Andy
Last Reply: by the streaking wombat
Views: 1528    Replies: 14
"hey all,knew to this board, and curious about E, what is it and how you take it? laterAndy"
Posted: by Pyretta Blaze
Last Reply: by Peregrine
Views: 1121    Replies: 2
"Can anyone tell me speeking from experience, what I should charge for a performance. Say I drive two hours to a gig perform 15 minutes and drive two hours back. OR even like if I travel..."
Posted: by touch
Views: 440    Replies: 0
"Hey y`all.If anybody from London could help me to film my poi playing to put on this site as lessons I would be forever gratefull, as I am terriable at explaining things and would love ..."
Posted: by skechada
Views: 592    Replies: 0
"I meant to post this a while ago, but I saw a GREAT fire spinner at the Coachella music fest (in the Insomniac tent during the Chemical Bros. set) in Cali back in April. In case you re..."
Posted: by Ajtag
Last Reply: by Ajtag
Views: 854    Replies: 8
"i have a english exam in about 1 - 1.5 hours... and i am not too good at english ... hey this is really good newss!!sorry i have not been posting i have been revisiong as fotr the next ..."
Last Reply: by EyeStorm
Views: 1425    Replies: 19
"if you were suddenly made homeless, what TWO items would you want to have? (and they can't be a person or anything money-related- i.e., no blank checks, bank books, etc)think of surviva..."
Posted: by FeniXTranz
Views: 420    Replies: 0
"hey all ive been looking everywhere on the net the only site ive found with some good movies is this one i was just wondering if anyone else had some websites with some glowsticking foo..."
Posted: by flash fire
Views: 1989    Replies: 19
"P.L.U.RThe dissolution and bastardisationP.L.U.R ~ its quite the buzzword at the moment. Were hearing it used throughout media and many people are spouting the acronym without hesita..."
Posted: by Drake
Last Reply: by Peregrine
Views: 823    Replies: 1
"hey all, im going to Egypt tommorow afternoon! wow this is gunna be cool. im so tempted to bring my fire poi. do you think i should? i know when a friend of mine went to Israel he sa..."
Posted: by Cassandra
Last Reply: by Plazma
Views: 923    Replies: 5
"Hi again ,I am a complete stranger to all these discussion groups and all, but poi and fire make my heart beat and paint rainbows in my life so I'd love to talk about it more, learn mor..."
Posted: by psychomonkey
Last Reply: by Dr.NoodleHead
Views: 671    Replies: 2
"OK, Guys, my one year aniversary to the HOP message board is on the 19th. Im going to out of town for a coupla weeks on that day, so I just wanted to say, in that year I have learned a..."