• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by touch
Last Reply: by sammy
Views: 796    Replies: 4
"Hey poi people.I need to make a costume to perform in, but I`m seriously lacking in inspiration, and thought who better to ask than you lovely people! I need to be able to do poi and fi..."
Last Reply: by Anonymous
Views: 1492    Replies: 14
"Hey poi people.I was at the juggling workshop @ the Drome in London last night, and looked around me and thought the question....How many poi people consider themselves as dancers, and ..."
Posted: by Chotys
Views: 1102    Replies: 6
"Could someone *please* tell me how to attach a new wick to my staff, i've never had to do it before and it is REALLY annoying coz i can't get the screws to go through the kevlar then in..."
Posted: by Pele
Views: 1849    Replies: 8
"I always seem to research everything. Recently Whipping Boy and I started working on the Pyromorph professional site. In doing so we went to lots and lots of other fire sites to see wha..."
Posted: by melissa
Views: 7337    Replies: 6
"hey this is completely off topic from fire but some people that play with fire may know a bit more about this than i do. i have looking around trying to find a webpage on the drug inter..."
Views: 1752    Replies: 6
"So I have been exploring the web, looking at sites and pictures of fire. I am curious as to if any of you feel there is such a thing as overkill? I saw one video where people in the bac..."
Posted: by Amber
Views: 551    Replies: 0
"whos going to splendour in the grass at byron?i'll be twirling somewhere around the place."
Posted: by Jeannie
Last Reply: by s-p-l-a-t
Views: 3646    Replies: 12
"Okay, so I'm just starting out. Okay, so I've got a ways to go before I'm ready to start lighting my poi on fire. I'm excited. So, following the instructions off another poi website, I ..."
Posted: by Ajtag
Last Reply: by Ajtag
Views: 638    Replies: 1
"hey there all!i have just decided to go to the netherlandfs for a week or so and was hoping to meet up with someone for some poi. i will be in arnhem so email me... and i might come ove..."
Posted: by Amber
Last Reply: by Amber
Views: 1473    Replies: 7
"hiwell i have a show soon. my first paid performance.i have no clue how much i should chargeand how long my show should run forit'll only be me performing.do you talk to the audience? i..."
Posted: by eepok
Last Reply: by Myst
Views: 484    Replies: 1
"Hey Guys, This is Ramon. Had a coo coo time at Headstrong last night. Kicked it witht he glow-poi spinners. Just wanted to see who else from the rave comes to the site...i know of ..."
Posted: by eturn80
Last Reply: by plastikgirl
Views: 2735    Replies: 23
"Greating one greating all, this is a voice from the land down under :P Hey there, i would like you all to help me solve the epic debate among our people: Neon, or burning? Now, there ar..."
Posted: by Finn
Last Reply: by Finn
Views: 1328    Replies: 15
"Hi everyone. Just wanted to share my good news with you all. I'm having a baby! YAY!!!!!However, as alluded to in Splat's recent thread about kero fumes, I'll no longer be able to p..."
Posted: by NYC_not_PK
Last Reply: by NYC_not_PK
Views: 2327    Replies: 9
"I've been itching to hit up a monster NYC club this coming Saturday and watch some quality glowsticking and perhaps spin some myself...1) Any East Coast Folks know what NYC dance clubs..."
Last Reply: by psychomonkey
Views: 1823    Replies: 10
"Hey people.A friend sent this message to me with the hope that I would pass it on. Please read this, take note, and tell everybody!THANK YOU.here goes.......One of the leading causes of..."
Posted: by Dr. Spin
Last Reply: by Nomad
Views: 1122    Replies: 4
"Just a shout out to all the other Boston spinners that I've met in the last couple of weeks. Thanks to this site as a great resource for learning and meeting others. Sundays at the Camb..."
Posted: by Shibaki
Last Reply: by Pele
Views: 1827    Replies: 8
"well... im entranced by fire. just happened recently. First time I lit up, it was so different, and it took a lot of getting used to. Then I did a wrap. That is when I got hooked. I dan..."
Posted: by Shouden-CrD
Last Reply: by FiReSpRiTe
Views: 1265    Replies: 3
"I figured I would share my adventure this eve...We all met out at a local beach(clearwater beach) and not as soon as we drop our gear down, another fire performer that had just arrived(..."
Last Reply: by touch
Views: 2081    Replies: 11
"Hey poi people.I am just wondering if there is anybody else struggling to learn all the names for poi moves? People keep asking me if I can do moves like "the split time waterfountain i..."
Posted: by Chikabi
Last Reply: by pj
Views: 1133    Replies: 4
"I've been hanging around this site for a while, and just recieved my order from the shop (excellent service) so I'll be using the 'poi-lessons` extensively.I just thought I'd say what a..."
Posted: by alterego
Last Reply: by Jeannie
Views: 1136    Replies: 5
"I was at Mission Beach in San Diego last night and I spun right before and inbetween fireworks with glowstix attracting huge crowds, it was freaking great. I had a circle around me abou..."
Posted: by Anonymous
Views: 2611    Replies: 12
"Hey all,while reading another thread I got thinking about fear management. from the looks of things ppl have all sorts of fears / beliefs about fire performance especially when they fir..."
Posted: by Myst
Last Reply: by Myst
Views: 3022    Replies: 2
"I just wanted to thank everyone for for helping me along the way with their posts, and wisdom. I've learned so much from this site, and its helped me become confident with my spinning...."
Views: 1203    Replies: 9
"hey all. i've not been posting for a while because i've been too busy so, i've got a fair bit to talk about.firstly when i took a long look at the page its amazing to see how many new p..."
Last Reply: by Cassandra
Views: 856    Replies: 4
"Hey poi people.I have been thinking of the power of dreams and the subconscious as a creative input on poi. I have seen/done poi in dreams in the past, and always see moves happening th..."
Posted: by nomad
Last Reply: by SorchaTheFlaming
Views: 1144    Replies: 14
"I spun by a pond near my appartment last night and got eaten alive my bugs. I figured i'd use bug repellent next time. My question: if I hit myself with the wicks on fire (like i often ..."
Posted: by Ajtag
Views: 501    Replies: 0
"a few weeks ago my freinds were in london and went to a art/ pyrotechnics thing by the gut who did the french millium fireworks(they were good) it was in hackney. anyway apparantly it w..."
Posted: by Kosmik Lunatik
Views: 638    Replies: 2
"In the picture gallery to this site. How do some of those people get the fire or glows to look like tere are numerous circles of fire or glow. just curious.thanxpeace outie"
Last Reply: by Ajtag
Views: 741    Replies: 3
"Hey poi people.I guess this should go in the events forum, but I thought it would be noticed more here. SORRY!If you are in London on Saturday the 7th of July, please come and spin for ..."
Posted: by Shouden-CrD
Views: 604    Replies: 1
"Tis the season for the counting of beats, and the making of sparkly poi!!!------------------ &lbr;PLUR&rbr;-=Crazy Raver Dude=-"
Views: 1426    Replies: 6
"So I'm sitting in my stupid Chemistry Ed. course and my mind starts to wander to fire poi... Here's a question that's been bugging me for a while:Why not use water to put out poi fires..."
Posted: by psychomonkey
Last Reply: by psychomonkey
Views: 635    Replies: 4
"I've just returned from 2 weeks in Costa Rica, which I can safely say was the most awesome experience of my life. Now that I'm back, does anyone want to take on the task of telling ..."
Posted: by chicazul
Last Reply: by kmactane
Views: 572    Replies: 3
"Canada Day is now officially my favourite holiday. Yesterday (July 1, of course) I bought a fire staff and lit up for the first time at a party, right before the fireworks display. I ..."
Posted: by Superman
Views: 473    Replies: 0
"i sent n8 an email the other day, actually 2. And i havent heard anything. I was wondering whats the dealio. I asked about "The Crow" memoribilia. The extra piece i had, and if he wante..."
Last Reply: by Superman
Views: 986    Replies: 15
"Yet another East Coast gathering occurred this weekend, a meeting of those who are old friends and those who are new, a melding of styles, toys and talents...and from this gathering I l..."
Posted: by Cassandra
Views: 937    Replies: 6
"Hey hey hey ... further to the thread called "is there a place where the best of the best go"... I must say this idea of a world Spinning / fire dancing / staff / poi convention sounds ..."
Posted: by Firelindancer
Views: 696    Replies: 0
"Well .....what can I say ...even though the rave was great and the wind a tad too strong to twirl fire the whole night, when morning came and the wind died down a tad, thats when thing..."
Posted: by Marlboro
Views: 749    Replies: 4
"Hello Peeps,Just a shout to introduce myself. Beginner on the path of the Poi and Devil Sticks, based in the Uk (North-West). I'm absolutely buzzin off poi-ing at the mo, and practise,..."
Posted: by Jeannie
Views: 1349    Replies: 12
"First off, a big hello to everybody, since I've never posted here before. Ello! So here's what's what. I have just started spinning, like, two days ago. I made a set of practice chain ..."
Posted: by lunaphoria
Views: 1275    Replies: 1
"THE DANCERIn solitude with the spiritsA silhouetteDances against the blazeLetting words and chants re-echo.Fingertips of flamesRace to every partCalling the sleepers to returnTo life wi..."
Last Reply: by Firelindancer
Views: 1900    Replies: 5
"As a recently deflowered fire virgin I wanted to thank all those who helped me at my first burn and inspired and awed me with their own. To all those on the HOP board, there are some t..."
Posted: by gάrbǿ
Views: 411    Replies: 0
"Hey guys Am just about to head head south to cornwall and St Ives area . If anyone is around that area and fancies a spin on the beach or something give me shout on:07979 621765ch..."
Last Reply: by Malcolm
Views: 1107    Replies: 4
"today was the 26th of June. Post prod doesnt normally take more than a day (bloody expensive hire on the non-linear editing suites is prohibitive )so Malcolm. tell us what the deal is...."
Last Reply: by Charles
Views: 1128    Replies: 4
"Hey everyone,some friends and I decided to go fire twirling after a play we went to see on Saturday night. As the theatre was located in the centre of the city, the only place we though..."
Posted: by Shibaki
Last Reply: by Shibaki the Jewishmamacho
Views: 820    Replies: 8
"Wow! I dont even know where to begin. I got my fire chains last week, and lit up for the very first time on Friday. I couldnt resist testing them out and getting a feel for them lit. Th..."
Last Reply: by pj
Views: 1113    Replies: 11
"Hey people, I thought that would get your attention!Just a couple of questions I would like to ask to get to know a little about the poi people on this board, cheers to all that answer...."
Posted: by Cassandra
Views: 789    Replies: 2
"Hi everyone,Yesterday, midsumer day , was probably a very nice evening for all of you; wherever you guys come from. Just thought I'd let you know in France we also call it Music Day (f..."
Posted: by Thistle
Last Reply: by s-p-l-a-t
Views: 3550    Replies: 24
"This weekend i took my dog to his first ever site party. He was very well behaved (as always), curling up by our feet as we danced around him and standing well back watching me spin som..."
Posted: by Knagi
Last Reply: by loki
Views: 1086    Replies: 5
"Hey I was hopin you guys could help me pound out this idea I have for a flaming headpiece. So far I've come up with a very bad combo of styrofome and gasoline to hold the flame and mayb..."
Posted: by Superman
Last Reply: by Plazma
Views: 642    Replies: 2
"Ya know its friday, and theres not much to do here at work, so i started reading peoples signiatures...THE POLL: who has the most interesting Sig, or the coolest qoute in their sig?..ju..."