• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by Shadowblade
Last Reply: by NYC_not_PK
Views: 527    Replies: 3
"Hi you crazy bunch, i hit nyc a few days ago i have not seen a single poi person in central park. as im sure you all no by now iam a goth, so going to poi clubs is not an option.do any ..."
Posted: by Chotys
Last Reply: by DJ Dantana
Views: 2623    Replies: 14
"Ok everyone, we all know that fuels such as kerosene are the safest fuels to use when firebreathing but has anyone thought that even when you don't swallow any you are still absorbing i..."
Posted: by sandman
Last Reply: by sandman
Views: 1053    Replies: 6
"We had our office summer party the other day in a big barn with a stage and loads of free booze. On the tables various toys had been provided: silly hats, grass skirts, and... yo-yos! N..."
Posted: by Anonymous
Views: 814    Replies: 5
"I'm completely new to and intrigued by this form of art that Pele brought to my attention. I'm practicing with homemade practice poi, but I can't get that water misting thing down (onl..."
Posted: by Firefunk
Last Reply: by Endangered Sanity
Views: 644    Replies: 3
"Ordered a set of poi on the 31st...these will be my first attempt at the world of Poi. Cannot wait. Finding it hard to sleep. My devil sticks just don't cut it anymore. *arg*.What ha..."
Posted: by Knagi
Last Reply: by Pele
Views: 1072    Replies: 1
"Over this weekend I got into trailing. I was going for some liquid dancing torches but they umm well kinda turned out to be perfect for other things. I discovered a few moves on my own ..."
Posted: by Pele
Last Reply: by Charles
Views: 1014    Replies: 3
"I had my show on Friday night. Here is what the gig was. The most "prestigous" country club (Read, all the members are multi-millionaires) in Buffalo has a themed event every year. This..."
Posted: by Phyzerium
Last Reply: by Knagi
Views: 3969    Replies: 25
"As we all know, twirling is an absolute rush, and is very fun. Some might as well call it an addiction ( i know i do ) But, i know there isnt a single one of us that hasnt hurt oursel..."
Views: 990    Replies: 7
"Yup...I asked once a long time ago about who suffers from stage fright. I do up until I get into character. Tonite is an important very well paying show for me and I am nervous. I have ..."
Posted: by pyro_teknik
Views: 572    Replies: 3
"Last night I span for my first audience Totally shat myself before hand. I did know quite a few people there mostly old school friends, but none of them knew what poi was which helped i..."
Posted: by xLessThanJakex
Last Reply: by alterego
Views: 1240    Replies: 7
"Hey, just out of curiosity, How many of you have a friend or a relative that you can do your Poi with.If you do then do you think that you learn quicker and more moves than you would on..."
Last Reply: by MilkMan
Views: 585    Replies: 1
"hi if n e 1 out there know n e tricks for the poi could u plese e-mail me and help me learn , as i have jus purchased a pair and really want to learn how to use themthanxjamesgladwin_ja..."
Posted: by stupendous101
Views: 725    Replies: 0
"whilst spending last winter on the beach I go to know a girl called Marie , now during the day she was doing fine with the ribboned poi's and seemed to being enjoying her self. Then one..."
Posted: by Code128
Views: 1299    Replies: 11
"Alright I havent seen this one in the topics anywhere else so I thought I'd ask. Has anyone else had any comments about the facial expressions that they make while spinning and dancing..."
Last Reply: by Superman
Views: 801    Replies: 3
"I am packing up for a full show today and I got to thinking, which as you all might have guessed is pretty darn dangerous for me to do. Anyway, a few months ago I was pulled over on my ..."
Posted: by Blackbird
Last Reply: by miss_rummage
Views: 1142    Replies: 7
"How much do you guys pay for these?Plus, those living in NYC (going there in a week) and those living in London (live there)... where the hell do you get them anyway?and are they like r..."
Last Reply: by woody
Views: 946    Replies: 5
"Let's face it, the chat here is somewhat... unpopular.But many people use IRC!IRC server: UndernetChannel: #poiMore info soon if any interest is generated by non IRC users.&lbr;apologie..."
Posted: by emptyset
Views: 2252    Replies: 18
"I'v been spinning for about 8 months now and been posting on this site for about 7. To make it clear I spin glowsticks and only glowsticks...not fire. What im trying to get at is that ..."
Posted: by Cassandra
Last Reply: by space cadet
Views: 3793    Replies: 25
"Hello !It is just forever inspiring for a newbie like me to read the threads, watch the videos, share and meet firedancers, twirlers and spinners. I find it beautiful that people wish t..."
Posted: by felix
Views: 620    Replies: 0
"i've just started twirling and it would be wicked to meet any1 else in the bristol or leicester area. e-mail me on felix_2ooo@yahoo.co.uk"
Posted: by 'trope
Views: 2009    Replies: 0
"i still can't bring myself to use the word 'twirling' but that's another topic... the one i like best is 'swingin' because of all the fun connotations. anyway, before i go off on a ma..."
Posted: by Knagi
Last Reply: by Anonymous
Views: 1259    Replies: 8
"I had one hell of a weekend and I feel like sharing it with you all. I went to this party named burning corn an ohio event where they attempted to recreate things that would happen at b..."
Views: 1390    Replies: 5
"I've been looking through the store and im definetly interested in getting some of the tribal body paint...my question(s) is this..1. What would be a better one to buy. the 20/7 ml pa..."
Posted: by Myst
Views: 3704    Replies: 40
"I got "Circles of light" and wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be. I liked some parts and others just bored me. Don't get me wrong, I have mad respect for everyone on th..."
Last Reply: by Cantus
Views: 1783    Replies: 3
"tonight I spinned in music first time. Till my whole body started to shake and I went very dizzy and I got very up. hum. im not a raver att alla and know nothing about it, i started wit..."
Posted: by shizN0T
Last Reply: by shizN0T
Views: 973    Replies: 5
"http://poi.trifecta.com:53/roscofire1.wmvyou need to have sound to get the full effect."
Posted: by Annie C
Last Reply: by Annie C
Views: 1319    Replies: 2
"I have been doing poi for 6 months now and have often left a session feeling rather achy and I have pulled a couple of muscles in my upper arms and shoulder blades....yes foolish I hear..."
Posted: by GoldenKrispy
Last Reply: by JeStEr
Views: 861    Replies: 2
"Hello everyoneI don't know if most have u have noticed, but nobody ever logs into the chat room!!! I have been on there a number of times and nobody is ever there! I know some of users ..."
Posted: by s-p-l-a-t
Last Reply: by JeStEr
Views: 764    Replies: 4
"Yes I did a search and the page had been removed or my browser is screwed maybe both?Anyway someone said somewhere that kerosene intolerance gets worse with more exposure and I have to ..."
Posted: by RavingLunatic
Last Reply: by RavingLunatic
Views: 802    Replies: 5
"Hello..I live in western canada, and I spin fire with a four foot staff, sometimes 2. I'm also learning poi, but currently I'm hitting myself alot with tennis balls, so i'll stick to t..."
Posted: by Charles
Last Reply: by Blackbird
Views: 2022    Replies: 28
"Well, after doing a quick search on Auckland, under people. I've found two other Charles' and a Charlie. I guess as I'm doing the professional thing now I should get myself a stagenam..."
Posted: by Mattias
Last Reply: by alterego
Views: 676    Replies: 4
"I was wondering if someone knows of any more good places to find online poi leasons... I've studied the ones here at homeofopoi.com and I really found them educating. But i'm thirsty fo..."
Posted: by Liquid
Last Reply: by frodus
Views: 979    Replies: 10
"is it ok if we have a rave up date topic some may be us US poi people can one day travel and meet each other, the only way im driving out of state is if im going to a party, plus most o..."
Posted: by NYC_not_PK
Last Reply: by Tiki
Views: 1681    Replies: 14
"I've been meaning for a while to ask this question but have waited to see if the topic came up organically. As it could be a sensitive topic, I'll try to approach it as delicately as I..."
Posted: by arrgh
Views: 440    Replies: 0
"well, newbie as I am on twirling I still wanna spread it a little more here in sweden - Im totally fascinated of it. So me and my brother was planning to have a little poischool just fo..."
Last Reply: by Fire Wire
Views: 1575    Replies: 8
"When im practicing, i usually try to practice with my eyes closed. This helps establish the poi as an extension of my body. Does anyone else do this? I remember seeing people at demf ..."
Posted: by Shadowblade
Last Reply: by Liquid
Views: 1830    Replies: 6
"Are you aloud glowsticks in clubs in NYC?i heard it was band beacuse of the links with the drug culture!Can i Glowstick when i coume in August?Shadowblade loves glowing things "
Last Reply: by EyeStorm
Views: 1064    Replies: 9
"I have just finished practicing. I slaved away at a new sequence of dance/poi moves, trying to land the timing just right etc.First I practiced the body motions, then the poi, then blen..."
Posted: by Lamar
Views: 389    Replies: 0
"Any one of you happen to have a son named Justin that lives in Talahasse Florida, or know anyone that does?I was out camping last night at Stone Mountain park in Georgia, broke out some..."
Posted: by Mattias
Last Reply: by Shibaki the Jewishmamacho
Views: 2377    Replies: 5
"Hi,I'd like to start by telling you guys and girls that i'm just amazed of what you can do with these poi's.. I saw it for the first time ever this weekend and got stunned by it. I just..."
Views: 1324    Replies: 0
"Hiya everyoneIm pretty much alone learning my poi and staff twirling, but last nite i went to the radio one dance party in newquay,England and was just so chuffed when i saw there were ..."
Views: 686    Replies: 1
"That question/post, and all of it's reply's make me sick. If your spinning just to be cool and look cool, your doing it for the wrong reason. Sure, it lookin cool is what got me into ..."
Posted: by BECKY
Last Reply: by s-p-l-a-t
Views: 4228    Replies: 31
Posted: by Malcolm
Last Reply: by Dr.NoodleHead
Views: 5804    Replies: 118
"Time for another wee little competition.No, lets make it difficult and make a bigger prize USD$110.Winner will be the first registered "member" or "senior member" to reply to this to..."
Last Reply: by Anonymous
Views: 1009    Replies: 6
"Hello people!Well I am totally new to all this fire twirly stuff and am so determined to learn! Trouble is, I don't know ANYONE personally who does staff or poi!! Therefore, I have nobo..."
Last Reply: by s-p-l-a-t
Views: 1386    Replies: 7
"In the thread by Cassandra about Creativity, Sharing and Dividing the issue of ethics has come up and is there a spinning ethical code?This is much more finite than do you teach or not...."
Last Reply: by Jesse
Views: 502    Replies: 2
"It's a bit wasted here...You gotta stick around in there a while otherwise no-one will ever meet each other! Come on, let's all make an effort to get friendly you can always open more..."
Views: 728    Replies: 0
"This has nothing to do with poi, with the exception of the fact that I'v met some spinners on this board that go there. Anyways for those of you who were wondering where the first "E" ..."
Last Reply: by Myst
Views: 1800    Replies: 7
"Yes everyone, Myst has spun fire! I was at the beach and saw someone spinning fire by the ocean. Thinking to myself "Pozee lives around there", I started running. Sure enough, ..."
Posted: by Drake
Last Reply: by Blackbird
Views: 800    Replies: 8
"hey everybody, i got a puppy today. she is such a cutie. its a girl yellow lab, 7 weeks, so cute. anyone have any ideas on a name? so far i kinda like Alice and Lily. but do tell ..."