Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 6,325    Replies: 25
"I have recently designed and made a set of twin head u.v. commet poi and they're fantastic. I am interested to know if there is anyone else out there using them. I am also using twin he..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,486    Replies: 31
"i was reading the gawd damn thread and nomads post got me thinkingi used to read afew juggling message boards and when people where saying a really good trick there are many juggling mo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,935    Replies: 11
"I often have random thoughts...some relate to poi...I put some elastic cord on a set of practice poi today...bouncy fun!!! When you go really fast, the circles get bigger...how about t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,747    Replies: 14
"*giggling* set fire to poi for first time on monday, fucked up the eaveything admirably and hit myself right the mouth/nose with falming poi. *pout* had biiiiiig bee-stung lips (blister..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,286    Replies: 7
"I'm organising a new years party at my house in West Cork (Ireland). Was thinking of trying to organise a meeting of any flamy people who want to attend...I've got a pretty good venue (..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,181    Replies: 25
"Hey everybody just thought I had to tell a whole bunch of people that I finally got my nose pierced. It has taken me about 7 years to do it, but I finally have it done.Ok, that’s all ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,240    Replies: 12
"Among the numerous words I learnt taking part in this BB, I found "PDA" to be quite intriguing and interesting.A short while ago I had lunch with two friends and the girl kept kissing h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,562    Replies: 3
"I would like to know who won the COL 2 Compitition. If it where a vote I Know I would Vote for Sage as Best Poi!! And eather 'D', Rupinder Singh Sidhu (both from Vancouver, or Xaeda, fo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,552    Replies: 24
"i would like to have my tongue peiced but was wondering if this would cause any problems with fire blowing or eating, like will it affect my ability blow a fine spray? or will the peici..."
Views: 1,492    Replies: 0
"After being really unmotivated for a realy long time, I finally went out yesterday and purchased the materials to make myself a set of flags/scarves.All I can say is "neat!" I made th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,044    Replies: 20
"my g/f and i just made my new staff, which is heavier than my last one, and i've noticed something about my arms after i've been poi-ing or spinning for an hour or soTHEY HURT LIKE HELL..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,242    Replies: 31
"Whats your anti-drug?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,235    Replies: 3
"i must first say that i normally use kerosene, for the longer burn times. but today i used coleman because i was performing in a club (my very first professional &lbr;or semi-prof or wh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,064    Replies: 2
"hey.. I was looking through the shop and saw these..https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop2/details.asp?prodid=605&cat=600&path=3000,600which are, in essence beaming poi, off chain. Now it says..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,083    Replies: 10
"So we've (most of us anyway) all heard of multiwicks, fire fingers, fire fans, cross staffs, ext., but a friend was telling me about a "cube" Does anybody know anything about it? The ..."
Views: 765    Replies: 0
"Howdy doody neighbours. Damn, I'm Ned Flanders still. I live in a sleepy town just north of London (full of inbreds and dribblies, wasn't born there, don't plan on staying) and I need t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,529    Replies: 17
"Well, im in denial right now. 10 months of spinning and for the first time i've lost motivation to learn new stuff. Does anyone else find learning new stuff a chore now? I dunno, i u..."
Last Reply by
Views: 876    Replies: 1
"last night i went dumpster diving around town in search of a set of poi. i found out a few hours too late that a fellow that i know just took off to the mainland and threw away his new ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,100    Replies: 6
"Our lovely mistress Finn has had her baby.Not too sure on details, its a baby boy!!!More details as they come "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,745    Replies: 19
"Just received the link from a friend here about ... pen spinning...all right so it is not *that* amazing, but for those like me who have fallen in love with contact juggling it is nice...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,528    Replies: 7
"It is winter, I am sad. its to cold to spin outside and I break things when i do it in the house. its almost x-mas and im still in winter denial. im still wearing tanks and sandels and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,918    Replies: 6
"i would like to know how good i am. every party i go to people tell me that was the best light show they have ever seen. even people from other states tell me that. i play with fluresce..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,472    Replies: 2
"Has any one seen the new COL2 Flick? If you have I feel that Sage has Blown the compitition out of the water!! I have watched it over and over again, and picked up So many new moves!! T..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,893    Replies: 15
"I'm done with this sitting around stuff. I'm going to make a video and send it in. May 2002 huh, well I'm in. I wonder how much better I'll get in the coming months. I love my poi a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,436    Replies: 4
"Does anyone know the whereabouts of jedimastah? he seemed to vanish just after I won a quiz of his for some poi.(see "http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001469.html")If he isnt go..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,707    Replies: 3
"There is all this talk about what fuels to use ect, what is good for this, that kerosene is smelly and smokey, blah, blah, blah, but all i want to know is about citronella oil (one of t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,611    Replies: 9
"Well I currently have a large egg on my head from twirling my staff, a minor burn from the hot metal of the staff in the crook of my arm, some singed hair in 3 various places, a bruise ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 823    Replies: 1
"Hi all, just wondering if anyone spins in the Whistler Blackcomb area or is coming over soon? Lookin' for someone to play with in the snow. Cheers"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,208    Replies: 11
"Hey, where is everyone?I am having a horrible day at work and wanted a chat with someone to cheer me up. However, it seems everyone's either ill or hibernating. If anyone's still out th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,699    Replies: 5
"oi oijust wonderin weather any of the members actullay use the comuunity, b-cauze sinse i join itz bin pretty dead. If any of u do wen do u use the chat room!sip.s do u think my goods w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 749    Replies: 9
"For the people still in school, in the UK, when do you break up for christmas?------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,231    Replies: 4
"Hey!Has anyone ever tried to attach something like a safe mirror, or CD or something that reflects light above your glowstick? I just got the idea after throwing some CDs around. I don'..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,024    Replies: 4
"Hey everybody...Finally our phone is fixed, so we have the internet again.Just thought I'd tell you all since we haven't had a phone for nearly _4 weeks_ And I wanted some people to wi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,373    Replies: 2
"Now that I've started thinking of my own poi and fire sculpture ideas I've been wondering what other media that I could use...Can I use pipe solder to make my sculpture? Or will it mel..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,520    Replies: 4
"I will be in Chicago Dec 24-Jan 3. Are there any regular spinning jams that'll be going on up there during that time, or would anyone like to just get together for a pint? I'll probably..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,027    Replies: 1
"I would imagine that most of the people on this site perform, some professionaly, and any one who performs eventually has to deal with hecklers. Just curious as to what some of your fav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,799    Replies: 4
"hello and yes im a newbie, (but no trampoline)anyway i was wondering if any aussies out there know of any beach parties (with fire of course)happening christmas eve in the batemans bay ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,007    Replies: 1
"Summer's seasons greetings!fireflies are fleeting,spinning upon the waves,fire feeds my days.Just wanted to say, I'm off to play,in the sand, in the sunlots of fun...Happy Solstice Ever..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,834    Replies: 52
"Hi All,just wondering what others think makes a certain twirler sexy? And I dont want to hear about body features either (we all know that good bods help)...we all also know that some p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,198    Replies: 4
"Can anyone tell me if Jennifer Steel on page 9 of the pictures is actually wearing anything other than those boots and the very see through mesh top thing??------------------fe fi foo f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,341    Replies: 22
"For all you ppl who care, if you go to www.therainforest.com you can help save the rainforest just by clicking your button. You can only click once a day tho. Please, please, please hel..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,496    Replies: 34
"Whilst perusing (great word, poor spelling) these boards, I've noticed that the majority of peoples musical taste is towards trancey dance, drum n bass, tribal kind of staff. Whilst I a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,951    Replies: 8
"yesterday while doing yo-yotricks with my yomega strobe-yo, i made a startling discovery, if i start doing normal figure eight liquid, and throw it out it looks cool.but wait... there's..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,994    Replies: 12
"Hi people hope your all happy,Im having loads of trouble with the slippiness of the surfaces that Im swinging on coz of the oil. Im having to put more concentration into what my feet ar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,959    Replies: 13
"Today i went to a tournyi was the firts one... start dancing the ppl like it.. i heard while i was dancing... Even the Dj said whoa! that man got it... he is really good!The second was ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,334    Replies: 5
"Fellow Americans, citizens of the world: Tonight we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger, and anger to resolution. Whether we bri..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,615    Replies: 8
"Ugh...I am soooooo bored.Today in a completely unspinning related accident I managed to rip one of my fingernails completely off, right down to the cuticle. I have tried spinning but th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,905    Replies: 10
"that 14 meg video of a guy named sergey... in http://www.houseofrave.com/videos ....watch it =)I mean... for your own good, what's my point? besides for getting a laugh...(even the came..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,141    Replies: 4
"Hi!All I know is twirling on beaches in Aus, and moving to the UK in winter, i have really lost my motivation to light them up. I even bought some 3 wicks in Spain, really stoked at my ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,452    Replies: 3
"So, recently I have delved into my least favorite thing of all, agents. Since my Jan show got cancelled I decided to seek out as many agents as I could to work for me and see what would..."

HOP Newsletter