Forums > Social Chat > Did anyone check the Moon Sat Night?

Login/Join to Participate

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Did ya? Well, I was on me way home about 4 am Sat/Sun when I noticed it. There was a totally detached ring of light circling around the moon, it looked amazing.First time I've seen it, anyone else catch it, or seen it before?M
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Yep I saw it, I've seen it before too. It sooo beautiful. Does anyone have a logical or scientific explanation for the strange moon halo?

Are we nearly there yet?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I saw it too, roughly between 1:30 and 2:00.I was in my garden practicing my turning during the weave and my butterfly transitions.The halo was huge, I thought it was very cool.------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
halos are caused by light refracting off of ice crystals in the atmosphere...check out this page for lots of other oneshttps://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/atoptics/phenom.htm(our group is called Anthelion after one of these phenomenoms...)Pere

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
Yep. It was indeed a beautiful moon smile

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

Solmember
33 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I saw it as well- It was absolutely breathtaking! I haven't seen anything like that before either, but some of my friends say it happens quite often. Still beautifull though, even if it's not a special one-off smile

Sol

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Wow, I've been raving to people about the halo ever since, it was soo nice.No one I'd spoke to had seen it, then suddenly everyone did, even people I see every week at arches, now I really wish I'd got my camera out.Bovril: at 1:30 in the morning I was just across the border in hertfordshire holding 2 staffs whadda ya know. latas potatasGlass

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah man, it was sweeeeet.Stood benieth it and practiced my new moves till it became too painfull to continue. Quite a day.LoveN

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
such a nice thought, that we were all twirling under the same fullmoon (over the space of about 12 hours smile)I twirled staves and poi ALL night...from about 10pm til about 6.30am...ahhhh...my forearms were dead the next couple of days...Here in Aus it wasnt cold enough for the ice refraction thing...but the moon was in a cloudless sky, high and bright over our little party all night smileJosh

Wanjamember
7 posts

Posted:
On which continents are all of you?here in Germany la luna was hidden behind a Thick foggy layer of clouds and it made me lovesick, that i couldn´t see her

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I saw it as well. Was very beautiful. I, as well, was spinning poi from about 8:30-10:00 then again around 1:30. A friend of mine at our poi meet decided to be daring and did a blow even though it was windy. Was the first blow of the night...needless to say the wind shifted or something and it blewback. Caught his face on fire, he immediately tried to smother the fire (and wipe excess fuel) off his face with his hands. Which in turn caught one of his hands on fire. Fortunately there were only slight burns on his face, and only skin burns on his hands. Nothing serious enough to warrant going to the hospital. He made a comment to me afterwards.."Man I always thought you were silly for carrying a fire extinguisher and first aid kit around with you, but I guess it's a good idea." (as I'm handing him some burn cream)Be careful out there peeps!------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
gee crazy, i guess theres a method to your madness aye?well there was no moon to speak of in my part of the world, to many clouds. but we do get that halo down here sometimes!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I missed it. And I was up at that time as well.I feel quite disapointed about that.Maybe someone could tell me next time. OK?

Meh

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
It was pretty cool - and sooo bright too! Seen some mad halo's when I was living down in Cornwall but you don't get as many up here.------------------"The tincture of night began to suffuse the soup of the afternoon. He considered the sentence, and found it good. He liked 'tincture' particularly. Tincture. Tincture. It was a distinguished word, and pleasantly countered by the flatness of 'soup'. The soup of the afternoon. Yes. In which may be found the croutons of teatime."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
It is so weird you should mention it, Marlboro. truth is I've had a pretty intense blues friday night... And I am convinced that part of it is me being very receptive to full moons. Logical minds on this board please bear with me. truth is I really think i am sensitive to full moons (no hair growing and turning into a warewolf or somthing, just oversensitive ...)Anyway...but yes, the full moon was breathtakingly beautiful as it so often is ...shine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Solmember
33 posts

Posted:
Cassandra: I know it sounds well weird, but I'm really sensitive to full moons as well- I don't even have to look through the window to know it's on- I just feel it in my limbs and all over my body.I usually can't sleep and become verye hyperactive- but in a strange way.I heard the full moon is the best time for cutting your hair and cleaning the house , by the way.Just as a bit of news.

Sol

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
everyone does man, just take a look all the parties that spring up every month. Everyone is on one, and last night I saw a solitary Hari Krishna singing in the rain. Nix(bubblebubblebubble........coughcoughcough)

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Some one told me once that since we are like what 80 or 90% water the moon effects us like it effects the tide. Gravitational pull and all. So sensitivity to moon cycles doesn't seem too absurd

Jesus helps me trick people.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Red haired people have an afinity with the moon. It's said they are deeply affected by it's passing.

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I guess you are all loonies. (From lunatic -> those who are affected by the moon smile)

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
For anyone who is interested, you can purchase some land on the moon at a reasonable price (£19.95/acre).Imagine, actually being able to give that special person the moon!!Own the Moon

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
i would like to buy you a piece of the moon bendy...which slice would you like.... wink

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You want the moon on a stick.

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I don't mind which slice, so long as it has a nice view. A waterfront property would be nice.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Rat on a stick?

Meh