Forums > Social Chat > motivate,motivate,motivate!

Login/Join to Participate

cassiemember
6 posts

Posted:
Hi!All I know is twirling on beaches in Aus, and moving to the UK in winter, i have really lost my motivation to light them up. I even bought some 3 wicks in Spain, really stoked at my purchase, just cant find it in me.do people in UK mainly twirl inside?Has anyone felt the same, or can help me?!Thanks!*cass *

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I spin outside. Indoors is too opressive and confining.Can't actually speak for anyone else, but I think most people here prefer outside.

Meh

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
cold insidewarm outside smileactually its just that i dont wanna go outside and embarrass myself.. only been spinning for about a month and i cant really do any tricks yet frown

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Our group spins outside every week (under a roof but no walls) including yesterday when apparently it got down to -5 degrees.What I tend to do is but on a silly amount of layers including gloves and just do some warming up type spins. As I get warmer I shed layers but keep my gloves on. After a while your hands seem to get warm enough to maintain their heat and so you don't really get cold as long as you don't stop. And move around lots.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I spin outside too, I don't have enough room inside. Unfortunately, I never seem to get round to it until it's after midnight and much colder than if I'd got out there when I get home from work.I always start off doing the weave slowly to warm up a bit, before running through the few tricks I can do, then warm down again before running inside to the warmth.------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.