Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,783    Replies: 8
"I know this was over a week ago but ive been recovering!! Did anyone else get down there? (for none brits or those who don't global gatherings's a massive dance festival at Long Marsde..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,575    Replies: 1
"i want to form a new club for those that spin their comets (as fire maybe be somewhat of a problem) over 10km high. today i became prehaps the first person to acheive this feat over nor..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,571    Replies: 4
"Hi guys,A few weeks ago, Liam and I did a gig at Speke hall, Mersyside.After the last flame Liam blew, he breathed in too quickly and inhaled a lung-full of smoke. After coughing non-s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,784    Replies: 6
"After recent events involving myself and many seasoned performers i know both at home and through HOP i would like to ask 1 thing of all:Please please do not fire breathe unless you hav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,516    Replies: 25
"We have beautiful summer weather at the moment (all be it British Summer so a fair ammount of rain) and I have found myself on several occasions lately wishing that it was winter so tha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,070    Replies: 2
"Looking on someone elses behalf, in fact.My pal Matthew is visiting London til about the 14th of Aug (lucky shite!), and i wondered if there's any fire performances anyone knows of, or ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,642    Replies: 11
"Hiya, I've recently started to dabble in the taking of funky fire fotos, I also spend a hell of a lot of time behind photoshop and well yeah it is very easy to spice them up a little. M..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,168    Replies: 4
"Wow got in and checked my messages to see a lovly message form Cassandra!!! I cant say how happy that makes me Welcome back my bestest HOP friend. "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,097    Replies: 6
"How do i get an affect like this http://wood2.woodyland.org/pics/festivals/glastonbury-2002/thumb/dscf0119-1-0.shtmlI'm guessing that this is done with poi but is it possibe with staff?..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,313    Replies: 7
"so this weekend we had a great meet up with the south orange county people. it was a wonderful night for a burn. we played for a good couple of hours with about 12 of us there. about..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,512    Replies: 1
"hi, i'm just curious if there any other fire spinners around the globe (especially in tasmania or nz or hawaii) who study biogeography or related fields such as conservation bio or evol..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,977    Replies: 3
"i saw some guys making fire staff on the middle of the streets!! he is amazing:) Ithink icould do fire poi but i dont think i would do it in the middle of the street! here in my count..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,487    Replies: 21
"Yes-Yes-Ya'll!Tis time for another Magickal evening with the N.S.E.. 'ere's the details...The Nagual Sound ExperimentPresent-ELEMENTAL 3Musical & Visual-(on the main stage)*Cameron Vama..."
Views: 700    Replies: 0
"just missed my flight to finland.....playing with fire for four days straight just left me not enough time to recover for a 5.30 taxi to the train station to get to the airport....but a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 457    Replies: 4
"Anyone want to sponsor my piccy for the competition?It's here: http://www.geocities.com/jangla2001/full_jangla_fire.jpg"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,920    Replies: 40
"I know your not able to see this right now but Happy Birthday any how. May your day be filled with sunshine and hugs, fire and friends. (((((((HUGS)))))))"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,960    Replies: 35
"Hey ya'll..just out of interest what do most of ya'll wear while spinning?And of course any of ya that are gonna say 'clothes' haha i did it for ya!No just out of interest..like do you ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,960    Replies: 26
"well I have been noticing the recent flood of new people lately, including a lot of glowstickers who now may be inspired to do fire. I have been reading stories about battlewounds, fire..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,456    Replies: 6
"Oh I really f*cked up big time today. Really bad......I dropped my firestaff, while lit, on my friends shoe... DOH!...and they were limited edition white nubuck timberlands......and he ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,337    Replies: 13
"Hello beautiful people!As I discovered the poi I could not refrain myself from playing with it. Even at night, when I could not find sleep, I'd just grab them and spin... I live in a 30..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,851    Replies: 10
"you know, after posting my weave topic i figured it might be a good idea to introduce myself to you all asking for help is only a fragment of what this boards all about. i know, cause..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,886    Replies: 10
"oh my GOD i just spun fire for the first time. it was absolutely amazing.. and -loud-. lots louder than i'd thought it would be. i did the butterfly, alternating, overhead, mexican wave..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,290    Replies: 16
"To all who may read these words look down at the keypad below, do you see the mystical thing that will never let poi go away from our harts. Thats rite I've lost the plot, no no look cl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,163    Replies: 15
"WHAT IS WRONG WITH HOP!!!!!!!!!!!!I ll tell you whats wrong. we the people of fire and burnt hair are going through more phases that a person that listens to top 50 and hair styles chan..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,266    Replies: 13
"Well, as i was out of town for my b-day over the weekend, my parents just gave me a card today...the front of it shows two people who look like they've just been through some sort of bl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,363    Replies: 1
"do any of our Swedish contingency know my friend Saga she's a bubbly lady of light met her in Thailand 94/95'ish ?also anyone goiung to the European juggling convention ?- i'll need..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,133    Replies: 10
"Those of you who don't live in the midwest USA may or may not have heard about the fires we've been having around here lately. A pretty severe drought has dried out the ground here in C..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,636    Replies: 64
"Just a idea ive never seen at HOP. The idea of it is to carry on with the story from where the person before stopped (are you following?). You are limited to one sentence each! This sto..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,466    Replies: 25
"Daily Telegraph,Monday 29/7/2002,Picture ClippingThe text on this picture of a lass doing poi, reads: "Whirl of a time: festivalgoer Tanya Osmond puts on a show of her own at Womad with..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,335    Replies: 18
"Hiya PeopleI was just wondering where people most enjoy to practice poi or whatever they do? I guess for me, my back garden is obviously one, but the beach is great fun practicing! Also..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,260    Replies: 4
"hear ye, oh my bretheren! as i lay recumbent upon my bespanglements of pillows, surrounded therein by whores of babylon in their evil carnal ways, and various chemicals the antichrist o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,498    Replies: 37
"Ickle Kyrian is very confused right now. Can she have a hug?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,967    Replies: 2
"ive been reading a couple of the threads listed in the poi section and keep on comming across referals to THE BASSMANwho is this poi legendary figure?apparently he is ace at colour chan..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,911    Replies: 4
"Well after watching COL3 i must say me and draco are deeply embarrised that the clip of us on the vid was truly a poo representation of us.So before you all fob us off as completely rub..."
Views: 1,279    Replies: 0
"Heh 2 alland especially those that went 2 Big Green GatheringWot a splendilishous time i had theretanx 2 those i did fire wiv - i being the dreaded dancer withe the rope poi (i try 2 da..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,675    Replies: 9
"to who ever. how long did it take yall to learn the art of poi, glowsticking, and liquid to do ti and know ow to do it well enough in front of people at raves "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,354    Replies: 15
"So I'm wondering...what else are people into? I mean, besides their work. And nutella/marmuck/vegemush. So, for example, I'm a competitive swimmer. I started swimming at age 8. Swa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,608    Replies: 16
"just 2 let u guys know I've given ur names/emails up as my people for best pic comp 2002 !luv yah xxxx"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,848    Replies: 6
"yo peeps,Im just starting out busking and I wonder if anyone has any advice. especially to do with one man shows and stuff. Is is better to have a drummer or sommit, a hat girl?Have pea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,177    Replies: 5
"Hey folks...I've been experimenting with double poi recently (two poi in each hand)Have any of you lot experimented with this?Want to swap ideas?awoooga"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,758    Replies: 2
"I did a show at the weekend.It was quite good.Last weekend for the Bristol Harbourside Festival me and 2 of my friends organised something rather special.We decorated a Fire Boat (one t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,713    Replies: 5
"HOP is growing madly and we have been gaining new members quite quickly. Due to this influx their seems to have been a few topics like "looking for people, orgainising a gathering.. " l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,878    Replies: 18
"after peoples advice/opinion/whatever you have to say. im heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaps smitten for this chick. she knows i like her and i know she likes me.. am i wrong to not want a relationship..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,531    Replies: 24
"Hi....left a msg in here a few days ago about a firewalk I am organising in August (it got moved to Events/Perormances&Gatherings......go check it out if you wanna join in)Im really loo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 946    Replies: 1
"anyone ?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,835    Replies: 10
"so anyone here going to fusion fest? c'mon bay area spinners, some of ya gotta be going. I mean, ITS FUSION FEST!!!"if we didn't eat cheesy poofs, weeeeeee'd beee laaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.""
Last Reply by
Views: 1,284    Replies: 10
"I know i'm copying someone elses idea here...But i was curious who here lives around the New York area. "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,468    Replies: 12
"lol... this is pretty funny... Go to this link and take the personality test... very funny...Im classed as an artist...(they told me to stop writing poetry NOW!!) lol.... I also took th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,815    Replies: 6
" sorry to spoil the very strange thread??!!but i did my first fire performance last night at a friends b/day party.it was wicked everyone loved it,so i was buzzing off them.i ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,465    Replies: 44
"hey everybody what shall we discuss in an enlightened manner today ?"
HOP Newsletter