Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,321    Replies: 1
"To perform with fire for money without insurance is a big no-no as we all know.However, what about if you only perform with non-fire props? i.e. UV, LED or glowsticks (or even tails)I c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,352    Replies: 1
"hey folks,looks like this little firebug is continuing his grand adventure. i'm heading to fiji in early december and am trying to find some contacts there who can help with with genera..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,995    Replies: 55
"I know there are several parents, even teachers here and I saw something on the news that made be wonder...What do yall consider to be the most important thing that your children/studen..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,026    Replies: 1
"Just did my first TV show, a seven minute slot on Arabian satellite TV network.Flown out to Beriut to film in large studio with live audience etc.Tap Dogs from OZ, Art of War from New Y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,224    Replies: 5
"These are amazing:-http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq17The guy who posted them has a thread on unicyclist.com at: -http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28091..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,613    Replies: 28
"hey kids, hope all is wel.. just been thining.. and before anyone asks... no i havn't looked for other threads... is there any talk... or should there be... of a Poi Convention for the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,799    Replies: 24
" We all have a special place in which we feel most comfortable, happy, blissful... I would love to hear what everyones is. It can be a place around the world, a room, a natural setting..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,966    Replies: 12
"I need to find insurance for public liability in london uk... Been calling loads of companies but cant get nowhere....HELP!!!!ThanksD"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,732    Replies: 20
"encouraging me to part with £307 of my student loan on a red/blue proball and a 1m red/blue shiny staff.oh well..should be able to get employed in the club to make up for it now..there..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,554    Replies: 24
"Just bought a pair of beaming poi because I really need some that light up as I do most of my stuff at night due to working in the day. Read all the warnings and promptly ignored them, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 904    Replies: 4
"like the title suggests, they are fun.now go buys some .sorry i cant get over the fact how fun juggling knifes are.*note to self: stop eating coffee.*"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,013    Replies: 4
"ive made my own fire wicks!!!! im so special, theyll fall apart first burn no doubt!and me and Rurouni (NEWB to HoP, staff guy) have bullied our school into buying us fire safety equipm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,450    Replies: 6
"The patient is an 83 year old gentleman who presented for replacement of his G-tube (a tube that goes directly into the stomach through his abdominal wall). Because he had a history of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,956    Replies: 14
"Just overwhelmed at a number of things:(a) how cool everyone that does poi seems to be, no matter where they are from, how good they are, how long they've been twirling etc.(b) how addi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,865    Replies: 20
"anyone who hasn't seen everything ever made in the name of Family Guy... go kill yourself.... no wait... watch all the family series first... then do it.... no no wait wait... watch the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,584    Replies: 21
"As some of you know i hurt my knee and therefore my plans of going in the navy were crushed...for 4 years at least. I have started job hunting in my local areas and it seems no one want..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,136    Replies: 27
"Situation: I'm at a friend's party where I've been asked to spin. I've got my gear, but haven't lit up yet. A friend introduces me to someone else who, she says, is a fellow firespinner..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,665    Replies: 10
"oh man, i went to london on tuesday and i'm never going back!!!how do you locals drive around it? i went from truro to outer london without a hitch, yet as soon as i got in it was impos..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,156    Replies: 4
"Just wanted to give some kisses and spankings to some of my favourite people on HoP that happen to be libras.Dom DFQ and ME (Well, I'd look pretty stupid kissing and spanking ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,240    Replies: 15
"on our way to partying on saturday night we were gently playing with our toys on the underground. all was fluffy and lovely(except cole)i tried to do something difficult.and my contact ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,225    Replies: 7
"Hi to all from Cosmic FlameNot sure wether this is the height of cheekyness, or a sociably acceptable put-out-there-ness!! But.....The FireDancing duo that is Cosmic Flame (You might ha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,136    Replies: 64
"RAAAHHHHHI really need your guys help with this...For the past month or so when we have been attending burleigh beats, (which used to be an amazing, happy, fire night) we have had run i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,136    Replies: 13
"I like my music LOUD. I have a nice set of speakers at home and a pair of good quality sennheiser headphones for when others are home. I've got no problem with loud music, but there com..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,175    Replies: 4
"Sorry.Friends?? Call me."
Views: 733    Replies: 0
"I am here today to personally tell each and every HoPper that Curlicue is the greatest person ever!For those that have a rainy season (ours is almost 9 months out of the year) you know ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,393    Replies: 1
"Hi to all from Cosmic FlameNot sure wether this is the height of cheekyness, or a sociably acceptable put-out-there-ness!! But.....The FireDancing duo that is Cosmic Flame (You might ha..."
Views: 1,487    Replies: 0
Last Reply by
Views: 2,246    Replies: 21
"Hello Londoniums and ye English types!I'm writing this post to inform you to keep your eyes out for the Home of Poi relay shirts, which have gone Missing.UCOF tells me they have just be..."
Last Reply by
Views: 672    Replies: 1
"Hello For a graphics assignment i have to redesign an exsisting magasine design,does ne1 know if there are any that i can buy in england. "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,745    Replies: 8
"Just wondering at what level you become an expert at poi, because how do you classify difficulty? if you do it professionally are you an expert?"
Views: 2,490    Replies: 0
"http://www.heptune.com/farts.htmlFunniest damn thing I've read in my life, even though it's intended to be serious. The questions people sent in are the best, cuz of course we can all r..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,409    Replies: 4
"PM ready to send your way. Your inbox in full m'dear"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,440    Replies: 8
"So, we (and by 'we' I mean me a few friends (originalsmit) etc) held a small get-together on sat night in Nottingham - I think alot more people were expected and aside from our usual ga..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,813    Replies: 9
"Robin of Sherwood.Does anybody remember this Saturday afternoon 1980's drama?I've just obtained series one on video from amazon.com and been on a nostalgia trip.This was such an amazing..."
Views: 716    Replies: 0
"i have been reading three threads tonight that i like the look of.two are quoteing games and the other is the radio1 band game.i have created a mutated version.you have to write a terry..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,039    Replies: 64
"Next person who says that gets slapped.And not the next person who says that just to get slapped, but the next knucklehead that brags about how quickly they learned whatever it is that ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 959    Replies: 3
"Hi, I would like to say to Tempest that when I came up to PIP I was hoping to make fresh start as it turns out I have nothing to do with my ex who made those threats to you long ago. I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,906    Replies: 4
"Just a quick note. I picked up a glow-in-the-dark stage contact ball at spitz on tuesday, thought"that's just like mine" then put it back on the side.Now I can't find mine So if J..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,181    Replies: 36
"How long ago was it when Red Dwarf was canceled in the UK? Does anyone know how many years /seasons it was on. Anyone can say what they want about that show, but i think it was funny as..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,192    Replies: 1
"ok my friend just got me in to spinning poi and i think its really cool and i was thinking about getting a set of tailed poi because he reccommonded them to start with but i alll ready ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,856    Replies: 13
"hmmm this one is for Rozi and all Sydney peeps reallyas we were chatting the otehr day about Shibaki and I coming over for Mardi gras at the end of March we were getting excited but rea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,197    Replies: 6
"YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,014    Replies: 1
" I would just like to say that I like Bunratty Mead. Not just like, but like in the stalking, drooling, completely incapacitated kind of like. Ok, I am done now. "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,232    Replies: 2
"looks like over the next 12 months there will be a lot of north hopers making there way southso here is a thread all for youplace your travel plans here and also any requests for accomi..."
Views: 1,064    Replies: 0
"Hi, does anyone know where I could get hold of some free poi clipart style pictures which I'd be allowed to use on a poster? It's not for anything comercial, just trying to organize peo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,964    Replies: 3
"Right. Was talking with some friends the other day, and they began spreading rumours of lifedrawing classes in Sydney that occur in a pub, and are free. This sound like an excellent i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,344    Replies: 38
"The subject says it all, really.I'm just trying to get different ideas of what people wear when spinning for an audience.Raph"
Views: 983    Replies: 5
"I need to get in contact with Malcolm if possible. Is there an email address that I can write to or a way to send a private message that I don't know about? Or anybody else who can answ..."
Views: 1,795    Replies: 0
"In the Red Dwarf thread, Mistress Aurora asked if the Red Green Show was still being shown anywhere. In answer, yes. It's still in production in Canada. Go to www.pbs.org/RedGreen f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,423    Replies: 4
"No it's not that annoying Star Wars kid clip....Darth Maul aint so hot"

HOP Newsletter