• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...5152535455...61
Dunc
GOLD Member since Aug 2003

Dunc

playing the days away

Total posts: 7263
Posted:==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a 3 discount. Please note that the price of 25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of 25 in advance and 30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise 600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete Topic

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted: Written by: Liquifies_Through_Contact

I never bought a PLAY DVD... frown

And I failed to watch it at PLAY as well...:(

I suck... frown

You can still buy them in the play shop wink

Delete

rhi_b

rhi_b

Total posts: 51
Posted:i didnt get mine in the post today either frown
maybe tomorrow though! biggrin glad i dont have to go to work tomorrow as i can sit and wait for the post man and question him if it doesnt turn up! ubbangel
(well if i wake up early enough!) redface

Delete

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted:Still no DVD shrug

So I'm borrowing Kierons today biggrin
I'm itching to see the bits that I missed in the cinema tent!

Delete

jemima (jem)
SILVER Member since Dec 2002

jemima (jem)

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1750
Posted:havent got mine frown

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Delete

jemima (jem)
SILVER Member since Dec 2002

jemima (jem)

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1750
Posted:I cant't log in to the play site either confused

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Delete

duballstar
SILVER Member since Sep 2003

duballstar

slack rating - 9.5

Total posts: 2216
Posted:i've just remembered i think i've got someones fire poi from fri night. they're 5 inch tubular wicks. pm me to tell me where the lost property page is or if they're yours. sorry for being slack in letting you know... redface

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Delete

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted:I'm getting in touch with the post office tomorrow. We've had trouble with this post box before (last thing that dissapeared from there was our mortgage renewall application!!) so I'll see what they have to say for themselves and let you all know.

Sorry guys!! frown

Delete

_Aime_

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:Strugz you are in big big trouble boy!
You promised!

What do I see in the workshop section? Me flat on my back with my legs up in the air big bum on display!! No no bad!
Naughty strugz! spank

Delete

Kieron
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Total posts: 232
Posted:Hmmm, I wonder if all the bad luck with these DVD's will mean that next time everything goes flawlessly?...we can hope anyway. You seem to have had more then the usual share of it this time afterall. Hope everything gets sorted Dunc.

Now I have a strange feeling that "big big trouble" refers to trouble of such epic proporitions that moving to Australia to become a recluse named Betty is the preferable option when the alternative is facing Aimee's wrath.

Or I may just be encouraging the fear wink

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted: Written by: polarity

The range is only 100m, but even those little FM transmitters you use with iPods are illegal here, so the chickenwire would be used to keep the tansmissions from being detected outside the dome (Guess what Prodigy track I'm thinking of right now wink).

Looks like you might not need the chicken wire by next year cool

(You can keep thinking of that track though biggrin)

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

polarity
SILVER Member since May 2005

polarity

veteran

Total posts: 1228
Posted:I've already found an alternative that'll let me broadcast on 3 channels legally (link). Only problem is it'll cost me about 20 per listener (1000 for the 50 I'm aiming for), unless I can get someone at Philips to sell me seperate parts/give me some money back on bits I don't need.

I guess I could still use the other transmitter I've got for people who want to bring their own radios.

I want to get some nice big speakers too, so I can play that track really loud just before we have to turn them off wink

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Delete

2bags
BRONZE Member since Apr 2004

2bags

enthusiast

Total posts: 272
Posted: Written by: Aime

Strugz you are in big big trouble boy!
You promised!

What do I see in the workshop section? Me flat on my back with my legs up in the air big bum on display!! No no bad!
Naughty strugz! spank

he he, that was me actually. ubbrollsmile
it's your own fault for being able to do a bunch of cool tricks with your feet.
smile

Delete

_Aime_

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:I made strugz promise to not alow you to put that in tongue

Also another 2 second clip of me wearing a big bow tie on my head watching penny do tha 'butterfly...of DOOOOOM!' Brought back some lovely memories ubbrollsmile

DVD arrived in post this morning Dunc, so can give kierons back to him now biggrin
Hope everybody will be getting theres too smile

Delete

Gayle......!
SILVER Member since Jul 2004

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2444
Posted:ohhh, does that mean mine might be at home?? :excitedtohavearealcopy:

Gayle.....!

Delete

_Siege_
SILVER Member since Jan 2005

_Siege_

Total posts: 181
Posted:I got my DVD this morning too! biggrin

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

Delete

duballstar
SILVER Member since Sep 2003

duballstar

slack rating - 9.5

Total posts: 2216
Posted:YO... anyone lost some huge tube wicked fire poi? where can i let people know?

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Delete

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted:So I wrote to the post office at the beginning of the week. And I'm glad to see you're getting your mail because....

===================

Reply #1

Dear Mr Huxley

Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent problems with postage and delivery of your parcels. We have recieved a number of recent complaints regarding this post box and have launched an investigation.

We will advise any updates to you as soon as possible

blah blah blah

Reply # 2

Mr Huxley

After our recent investigations into yours an others claims of lost postage from the post box situated at the corner of Dawley Road and Kingsland, it has been discovered that mail has not been collected from this post box for almost two weeks. We appologise for this error caused by an internal communication problem that have arisen during a re staffing exercise.
Please rest assured that all post has now been sent and we appologise for any inconvenience caused to yourself and the recipients of your mail.

=================

For f8cks sake shrug

So what they mean is "we sacked someone, we didn't tell the new guy to collect from this box and it got left. We don't really care and won't offer any compensation.
Sorry but thems the breaks, like it or lump it"

Well it's good to see that they're coming through now, and after all that wait it seems they've been sitting in the post box right by my bloody house! Arrrgh!

Still, turned out ok in the end I suppose, bloody royal mail spank

Delete

Gayle......!
SILVER Member since Jul 2004

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2444
Posted:still haven't got mine frown

I'll keep waiting patiently tho! smile

Gayle.....!

Delete

Loewan
BRONZE Member since Aug 2005

Loewan

and behold!

Total posts: 464
Posted:Has anyone heard anything about video footage of the World Record Attempt? I am sure some camcorder about. Would be see to see again. tongue

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

Delete

_Kc
GOLD Member since Jun 2006

Total posts: 5
Posted:Here is a small clip of the World Record Attempt taken by a freind. http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5241689643977921093

Delete

simta
BRONZE Member since Apr 2006

simta

compfuzzled

Total posts: 1182
Posted: Written by: _Kc

Here is a small clip of the World Record Attempt taken by a freind. http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5241689643977921093

is there anyway you could stick the vid on www.yousendit.com??? wouldnt mind having this saved

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Delete

Seye
SILVER Member since Mar 2005

Seye

Geek

Total posts: 1261
Posted: Written by: simta

Written by: _Kc

Here is a small clip of the World Record Attempt taken by a freind. http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5241689643977921093

is there anyway you could stick the vid on www.yousendit.com??? wouldnt mind having this saved

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2390/
is all you need wink

Delete

Seye
SILVER Member since Mar 2005

Seye

Geek

Total posts: 1261
Posted:or this
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2838/
br>
or this
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1468/
br>
or even this...
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2254/
br>
I've heard that the last 2 are best biggrin

Delete

_Kc
GOLD Member since Jun 2006

Total posts: 5
Posted:Hi seye here is the yousendit link to download the World Record Attempt http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F0ABF7202EBAB19F
br>
Kc

Delete

_Poiboy_
GOLD Member since Jan 2004

_Poiboy_

bastard child of satan

Total posts: 1113
Posted:is there any more footage of the world record?
also is there footage of strugz crashing the van? ubblol because appearently im the only one that missed it frown
and where is the record in the guiness world records website?

Delete

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted:I wastched the world record attempt yesterday from the top of the circus tent ubblove

But that's DVD 2006 footage and won't be about for some time yet. But rest assured it's absolutely magnificent to see so many fire spinners in one place biggrin ubbrollsmile *swoon*

Delete

Bubbles_
SILVER Member since Nov 2004

Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3383
Posted:i knew i saw a monkey up there!

see i wasnt just seeing things wink

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Delete

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted:It wasn't a monkey, it was Liamcircuslad as known on HoP, or, that bloke on stilts all weekend pretending to help the Bassline Circus Crew to anyone at play wink ubblol

Delete

Pink...?
BRONZE Member since Apr 2002

Pink...?

Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured

Total posts: 6140
Posted:I still haven't had my DVD frown

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Delete

Loewan
BRONZE Member since Aug 2005

Loewan

and behold!

Total posts: 464
Posted:Thanks so much for the vid. Sure brings back happy memories! biggrin

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

Delete

Page: 1...5152535455...61