• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1234
onewheeldave
GOLD Member since Aug 2002

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3252
Posted:Drug Free Spinning.

Over the years I've noticed that a lot of people associate spinning with drugs and clubbing; recently I've had a few discussions with spinners who, like me, don't take drugs or go to clubs.

They have said pretty much the same thing, that a lot of the spinners they encounter seem to assume that they're into drugs and clubs.

I wanted to post this thread to open up some kind of discussion on 'clean spinning', primarily so spinners who are drug free, or thinking of becoming so can be made aware that there are plenty of us out there who don't feel the need to take drugs.

When you're young or a student, as many who are attracted to poi are, it's very easy to find yourself in an environment where drug taking is seen as the norm and where to be clean is associated with being dull, unadventurous, fearful or boring.

Drugs are, by their nature, far easier to get into than to get out of, not just because of the addictive nature of the substances, but also because of the social groups that become based around the aquisition and consumption of the substances.

From experience I know that drug taking is like a maze with very few exits; even when you know that you no longer want to be inside it, it can take years of searching until you find your way out.

Here I'm talking about all drugs, including tobacco.

I wanted to raise this subject in the hope that those of us who are ex/non drug takers can post their opinions and offer hope to others who are in a dilema.

I have tried to not put down drug users in this post because I don't want it to turn into a pro/cons of drug taking thread; Malcolm has made it quite clear that he doesn't want illegal drugs promoted on this site.

So, if you are of the opinion that drugs are good, please don't ruin this thread by posting pro drug arguments.

Similarly, if you despise drugs, please don't post opinions that are likely to incite pro druggists to respond.

However, if you are an ex drug taker who has, like me, discovered that a life without drugs is not only bearable, but infinitly richer than a life with them, or if you are someone who hates what you are putting into your body but feel that you can't escape; then feel free to post your experiences/advice.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Delete Topic

kaza

Total posts: 29
Posted:Hmmm. I'm pretty new to this forum and I havn;t as of yet seen a single thread that I think glorifies drug use, or says "wow that was exciting" because of something the poster had taken.

My chosen weekend activity is to go to a free party where there are no restraints and you are generally free to do what you want. Preferably in the middle of a field or wood somewhere and as far away from crack-fueled London warehouses as possible.

Now this means that most people around you are going be on something. But not everybody is. I know I'm not everytime. In fact I will happily stay straight all night if I don't think there is a source I would trust. I much prefer not doing anything (except a couple of beer and a little toke) then buying something and finding out it is (IMHO) "nasty." I will admit that most people I know who go arn't like this and they will happily throw anything down their necks in a hope of producing the desired effect. I just say to myself each to their own.

But that is not at all what I was meaning to write when I clicked on reply. Weoird how some rants seem to happen all on their own.

Now I would feel pretty confident in saying that just about everybody practices at some point sober. Now I would ask these people if they get any less of a feeling of euphoria and releif when accomplishing a new trick without being in an altered state? If the feeling really is that noticably different I think I would be a little worried for what you have slowly done to yourself. If your senses are becoming deadened when you don't use iit is obvious you are abusing.

BOLLOX. I keep on trying to say stuff with out getting into the pro/con argument. Preacing mode. etc. But it's not working.

But one of the main points I did want to make was that, IMO, it is fine to do drugs and spin if you want. AS LONG as your not doing a "performance" and that you have plenty of space around you (like in the middle of a field at a free party) and you always have eyes on the look out for idiots trying to walk into you (preferably more than just your own). Believe me it always happens. I think ****ed people just see this pretty spinning stuff and want to get as close as possible.

Anyway, rany over and sorry it kept on going OT. Should of eddited it but am far too lazy.

Delete

Frodo
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

Frodo

old hand

Total posts: 1092
Posted:Im a complete T Toatler..

I dont Drink nor take drugs, yet still seem to enjoy myself.. and i have dreads!!

Live how you wanna live!! you can have just as much fun on natural adreniline..!! Most of my bestest friends (Strugz/2bags) love it all... and i respect them for what they want to do.

yeah

passing through, this world still lives.

Delete

munkypunks
GOLD Member since Jan 2005

munkypunks

enthusiast, but not enthusiastic

Total posts: 367
Posted:I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said, but just thought it might be good to add another voice.

My background is that I do not do drugs, except on 4 specific [past] occasions, but many of my friends enjoy hallucinogens, and I drink socially. I'm way older than the avg spinner and not really into the club scene. I never partake in alcohol in connection with spinning, due to safety issues (when I started I thought about practicing drunk - sort of like pool - your pool game will improve after a couple of pints if you're used to that mindset - but it seemed like a lot of effort for an unnecessary payoff). And it doesn't seem like the people I've spun with do either. Once, in contemplating having a drink after a spin with fire, I felt it would be a buzzkill (speaking of the natural rush that comes with fire) so didn't do it.

People frequently assume that I'm on something when I'm not. One of my trademark phrases is 'this is why I don't do drugs. I'm like this already.' I don't mind people making assumptions, except to the extent that I would like people to understand that I really am this free and open and not attribute it to drugs. But I sort of wish that there wouldn't be this stereotype, because for a long time I kept an entire aspect of my life secret from many of my family and friends because of the potential backlash.

Now I've gotten to the point that I don't care if people know and realized that if the stereotype is going to change, we have to put the truth out there. The truth is that some people do, some don't, some people occasionally do, and none of us are bad people because of it, and most of us don't define ourselves by whether or not we do. A lot of bankers shoot heroin and snort coke, but it doesn't define the banking community. So it should be with the more alternative lifestyles.

Steps off soap box.......

You can't fall off the floor, but sometimes you need a chair to reach the cookie jar.

Delete

quiet

quiet

analytic

Total posts: 503
Posted:'So, if you are of the opinion that drugs are good, please don't ruin this thread by posting pro drug arguments.'

let me check: you want free, informed discussion of [specifically] drug-free spinning. not spinning in general, but particularly spinning without drugs.

'There is not a single state of mind that you can reach with drugs that you can't reach on your own.

Drugs are a cheat, and they come at a price.

That is all. '

well . . . without wanting to sound cynical, I'm not convinced that 'drug-free' spinning, as a subject of discussion, makes much sense without discussion of what 'drugged-up' spinning is. you need to know what's special about the subject you're talking about.

Magnus' suggestion is that there's nothing special about it; that you can get into the same states of mind either way, so 'drug-free' spinning can be just like 'drug' spinning except without the drugs.

I suspect that Magnus has never experimented, or at least not particularly widely; it's just downright implausible to suppose that you can intentionally do the same things to your brain as, say, LSD or 2c-i does. But nevermind.

My worry is this: you can't talk sensibly about 'drug-free spinning' without some idea of what's special about 'drugged' spinning, but you want to rule out discussion of anything which might be good about drugs. And that makes for a lame discussion.

I'm not suggesting that drugs are good: on the whole, I think they're generally bad, toxic, prone to making people incompetent, and more trouble than they're worth. But I'm also not ruling out the possibility that there might be aspects to recreational drug use which are tempting - that is, positive aspects.

Incidentally, my drug-free spinning is my best. Drugs make me inept, and often lead to me doing stupidly dangerous things for no particularly good reason. But spinning makes me feel good.

It can be hard to get through creative blocks when you're spinning drug-free, though; sometimes I reach an impasse which I'll take ages to break through in the absence of some altered state smile

e

ture na sig

Delete

Vixen
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3276
Posted:I am aware at meets that there are alot of drugs that often go round, but while people do do the polite thing and offer, i have never accepted and never felt pressured to by any HoP member! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete

Seraphire

Seraphire

HoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag

Total posts: 270
Posted:I've got nothing against anyone taking drugs and spinning. If is with socks, or flags, a set of Devil-Sticks or a staff or anything its alright, and a bit funny to watch if they think their "in the zone" and its blatently not so. But if they're going to be doing it with fire then I won't get involved or even join in. Anyone off their rocker or drunk as hell can say that they're really working with it, but its just a stupid dangerous liability. The threat that anyone watching, or even to themselves is just idiotic. Personally I find that just listening to the music and being with people who are "clean" in a really friendly environment, whether it be at a club or outside somewhere will enhance the good vibes and feelings many times over. It's that sense of moving with the music and realising that you've just had an amzing session which is more valuable than tripping out.

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

Delete

flid
BRONZE Member since Aug 2002

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3136
Posted:this has been discussed before.......no wait, it's the old thread, and i've already posted smile. Difference now is that now i only drink (not much either), and hardly ever do any fire spinning anyway!

Delete

onewheeldave

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:Wow, this is an old thread (started by me).

Why's it been bumped, and why's it in 'chat' (I don't start threads in 'chat') smile

Written by: kaza

Hmmm. I'm pretty new to this forum and I havn;t as of yet seen a single thread that I think glorifies drug use, or says "wow that was exciting" because of something the poster had taken.

You won't have, times have changed since the days when this thread was posted- in the past there was not only open promotion of drug use, but also (IMO) an element of verbal 'bullying' towards those who suggested that it wasn't the case that the majority of spinners used drugs, or that there were many bad aspects to drug use.

----------

In those days the drug posts generally got out of hand, and admin were also having to delete (for legal reasons) some posts which were promoting drugs.

Written by: quiet

'So, if you are of the opinion that drugs are good, please don't ruin this thread by posting pro drug arguments.'

let me check: you want free, informed discussion of [specifically] drug-free spinning. not spinning in general, but particularly spinning without drugs....

...well . . . without wanting to sound cynical, I'm not convinced that 'drug-free' spinning, as a subject of discussion, makes much sense without discussion of what 'drugged-up' spinning is. you need to know what's special about the subject you're talking about.

You were a bit selective with that quote- here's what I actually posted-

Written by: onewheeldave

I have tried to not put down drug users in this post because I don't want it to turn into a pro/cons of drug taking thread; Malcolm has made it quite clear that he doesn't want illegal drugs promoted on this site.

So, if you are of the opinion that drugs are good, please don't ruin this thread by posting pro drug arguments.

Similarly, if you despise drugs, please don't post opinions that are likely to incite pro druggists to respond.

You'll note that I ask people not to promote drug use (for the reasons above), AND also ask those against drugs to not incite the pro-drug crowd with intolerant/inciting posts.

This is because I wanted a discussion, not a flame-war that would have got deleted.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Delete

Stone
GOLD Member since Jun 2001

Stream Entrant

Total posts: 2830
Posted:OWD said Written by:
In those days the drug posts generally got out of hand, and admin were also having to delete (for legal reasons) some posts which were promoting drugs.

Arrr, that would explain my observation that most of the drug related topics seem to be started by anti-drug crusaders wink I will also suggest that while drugs related issues were occasionally discussed in the past, I think it would be misleading to suggest drugs were ever openly promoted in this forum; and thats not negotiable.

Just so people know they are not alone, a melbourne shuffle dance site (clept.net) also promotes clean dancing in the high-octane rave and party scene.

cheers smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Delete

quiet

quiet

analytic

Total posts: 503
Posted:personally, i think someone could make it clear that neither I, nor my colleagues, nor any other member of HoP, consumes illegal substances

especially not at meets

e

ture na sig

Delete

pricklyleaf
SILVER Member since Mar 2005

pricklyleaf

with added berries

Total posts: 1365
Posted:I think I'm tripally implicated in this as I'm a student, an art student and I spin.

statistically I would probably work out as a heavey user! But I'm not!

spinning fire is such a dangerous activity that I never do it under the influence of anything.

I hardly drink anyway, or smoke, personally i get bored and fustrated under the influence as you can't just switch it off but I don't judge anyone who does, thats their personal choice-I agree though that just like when your drunk or whatever you think you're the best dancer in the world when you really look terrible (or is that just me?!) applies to spinning poi.

I think that if your willing to let go or all your self-conciousness and forget everything else around you then you can truly get into your spinning. Taking drugs just gives you a different perspective.

My personal opinion- and it is down to every individual, is that if you can let go and spin in the real, unaltered world, then that truly is spinning.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Delete

onewheeldave

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:Written by: Stone

.............. I will also suggest that while drugs related issues were occasionally discussed in the past, I think it would be misleading to suggest drugs were ever openly promoted in this forum; and thats not negotiable.

I feel that that depends on what's meant by 'promotion'. To me 'promotion' isn't always (or even mainly) in the form of obvious encouragement or marketing; it can be much more subtle.

Malcolm did had to come in on several occasions and say that there was a problem on HOP with posts that, at least in the eyes of the law, could be seen as promoting drug use; and asking that people refrained from such posting

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Delete

The Tea Fairy
SILVER Member since Jul 2004

The Tea Fairy

old hand

Total posts: 853
Posted:' What we're talking about with this thread is something that is totally free, will last the rest of your life, has no bad side effects and produce better and longer lasting highs than any chemical; it should be no surprise if those who have experienced it are going to get enthusiastic. '

What, you mean ceratonin? That's still a chemical, it's just produced in your brain instead of from an external source.

Wow, this thread is heavy! I don't want to leave my opinion here, there are already too many disagreements over the finer points, plus I can't figure out what you're all debating any more! I just wanted to point out that the 'natural high' is also caused by different chemicals in the brain, some of which are stimulated by drug use and others which are inhibited. ubbrollsmile

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted:What drug makes one bump two year old threads unnanounced?

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

onewheeldave

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:Written by: The Tea Fairy

What, you mean ceratonin? That's still a chemical, it's just produced in your brain instead of from an external source.

Again, to give my quote in its original context, which was in reply to this-

Written by: Originally posted by frostypaw

It does sound all rather evangelical

I replied-

Written by: onewheeldave
I wouldn't say that it's evangelical as that is a religious term. However if you're refering to a joyous spreading of news then maybe so, and it's no bad thing.

After all, people who take pills regularly are prone to get excited at the prospect of some new variation that they believe will give them an evenings pleasure at the cost of 15, a comedown of unpredictable character and the risk of a bad trip.

What we're talking about with this thread is something that is totally free, will last the rest of your life, has no bad side effects and produce better and longer lasting highs than any chemical; it should be no surprise if those who have experienced it are going to get enthusiastic.

So, no, I was not referring to seratonin (one of the chemicals in the brain which, if deficient, can cause depression).

What I was getting at was an alternative to using drugs to manage mood, that alternative being to not use drugs, but other methods instead.

And I was pointing out that those who had personally experienced the considerable negative aspects of habitual drug use, may, once they had moved on to a life without drug use, be almost evangelical, feeling that they have discovered something which could be of great value in helping others to avoid making similar mistakes.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Delete

Delirium_Star

Delirium_Star

Total posts: 73
Posted:I've never been into drugs and I highly doubt I'll ever get into them, but I must admit I tend to spin better whilst a little drunk, Some people think better whilst a little intoxicated. It helps me loosen up and not feel so paranoid that people are watching and laughing everytime I hit myself. However I doubt I'd be using fire poi at this point just incase I set fire to someone or something. (lol)

+Delirium_57412+

Delete

faith enfire

faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI

Total posts: 3556
Posted:we should probably bump this now and then don't you think...
me don't drink much, don't do drugs often either, mostly clean living
Overall, I did my best spinning sober. Other than one night when it all just came together, it seems like i just hit myself more, and am uncoordinated.
When I go out and spin, I may have a few drinks, but I don't do fire and I make sure I have space. I don't need to hit someone.
People seem to think I'm rolling or have cocaine...never weed...I love being able to say nope just me. (Though is it a good thing that they think you are doing drugs...does that mean that you are really uncoordinated... smile )
fire spinning under any influence I would say is bad...

btw good thread OWD

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

polarity
SILVER Member since May 2005

polarity

veteran

Total posts: 1228
Posted:"Drugs are bad. Mkay..."

Er, no. Some drugs are bad. Where would we be without painkillers, anaesthetics and antidepressants.

I respect others who've done drugs, can admit it, and give a valid and informed opinion on the subject a lot more than the nay sayers who paint things black and white without any experience to base their opinions on (accounts of what happened to other people miss a lot out). I spent a lot of time becoming as informed as possible before I ever took drugs, and am firmly in the 'harm reduction' camp (with the easiest form of harm reduction being not taking anything).

The huge majority of street drugs are bad, simply because of economics. Producing pharmaceutical grade drugs is a lot more expensive than street drugs, because you need to produce a pure product. The way (chemical) drugs are made you have to wash out a lot of the byproducts of production to get a pure product, and doing that you wash away a lot of what you've made. Street drugs have a lot of byproducts left in them, which is what causes bad trips and horrible come downs a lot of the time. One of the main causes is what are called optical isomers, where the same molecule has two forms that are mirror images. All biologicaly natural chemicals and neurochemicals only fall into one 'handedness' and the other form usually has bad effects on biological systems that aren't equipped to handle/metabolise them. One of the prime examples is LSD, where one form gives you a trip, and the other gives you a splitting headache and nausea or can make you feel unwell enough to contribute to a bad trip in smaller amounts. Processing drugs to get just one form is just another step that reduces a drug manufacturers yield, and costs more.

There are drug makers who do it to give people a good high, but they're extremely rare and hard to find given the nature of the product, and they usually end up in the gutter because the other makers don't like the idea, and aren't nice people at all.

On top of the economic reasons for street drugs being bad there's the good old 'what goes up, must come down' side to things. If your brain spends a night on a pill being pushed to produce serotonin at a huge rate, then when the drugs wear off the bits of your brain that did all that work are going to have a union meeting and go on strike. One night buzzing, full of energy, and socially uninhibited, the whole of the rest of the week being depressed, knackered, and grumpy.

Then on top of that downside, you've got the 'more is better' idea. Simple response to that, 'No it isn't'. Just because you've taken a bit of something and it seems to be good, doesn't mean that more of it is going to make you feel better. Unfortunately after having taken any kind of drug, people seem to lack the intelligence to realise this, and procede to take amounts that their metabolism can't handle. There won't be any more up. There will be a whole lot more down.

Alcohol is a strange one, because of the way it is metabolised. In small amounts one of the chemicals it metabolises into is an upper (reduces social inhibition, raises mood, loosens muscles and makes movement more flowing). If you take more, then your body can't metabolise it fast enough, and this 'up' effect gets drowned out by the down effect, and you end up uncoordinated, incoherent, and unpleasant to be around. Drinking the right amount to stay in the up state isn't easy, especially when you're doing something else/people keep buying you drinks.

Some drugs I decided never to try, because I'd seen what they do to friends/people around me (stimulants like coke, crack and speed, opiates like heroin).

Some drugs I tried but gave up because the benefits never came close to outweighing the downsides (pills/acid. Not knowing what you're getting/feeling burnt out for ages after), and those places I'd take them I could have a good enough time straight (I'd be the guy on the dancefloor all night going absolutely crazy, but smokers drove me out of clubs, and despite not coughing up so much crap, I can't dance like that any more, as dancing every weekend kept me fit. I'm looking forward to the smoking ban, and getting more exercise so I can get back on the dancefloor again).

Nearly all the other drugs, I've had to give up anyway, as exposure to chemicals in the workplace messed up my neurochemistry. I can't take painkillers like paracetamol, or antidepressants that would have helped me a lot in the last couple of years. Not even coffee. I can still drink alcohol, but only the equivalent of two pints of beer. The third will cause an immediate crippling hangover, so I have to keep on top of how much I've been drinking. I've got pretty good at staying in the sweet spot between sober and 'up', just because the headache I get when I go over to 'down' is so unpleasant. I'll ocassionally practice poi while in this state, inspired by drunken boxing martial arts forms. It's highly entertaining to do, but you end up with a fair few bruises (think Jackie Chan in Drunken Master).

I find it funny how people say that they never take drugs and spin fire. Since when was inhaling vapourised petrochemicals 'not taking drugs' biggrin

I don't spin fire much any more because the effects of the paraffin are so much stronger now (and never after drinking, no matter how small an amount, as any alcohol mixed with paraffin fumes knocks me flat out).

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Delete

Mr_Joe

Mr_Joe

Part-time genius

Total posts: 59
Posted:This is a subject close to my heart. I really love spinning, I'm so glad I found it, it's brought me a lot of joy and expanded my horizons and led me to meet a few really cool people. I am, however, very uncomfortable around drugs and/or drug users (I don't think I'm phobic, but it's not far off). I know this is my own problem and I'm becoming more open-minded, but it came close to putting me off spinning. All of the most enjoyable moments in my life have been sober, one of my happiest moments was stopping my anti-depressants confident that I no longer needed them as a crutch...

Drinking leaves me feeling incomptent and incapacitated, and I've always been too scared to try other drugs, I don't see this changing any time soon, though it certainly felt at one point as though I might've picked the wrong hobby to have with a mindset such as mine...

Can anyone else relate to this?

Delete

faith enfire

faith enfire

Posted:I can, and this is what I would say...You shouldn't be scared because you are unfamiliar, you should make this decision because you have educated yourself and you don't want to put your mind and body through all that
Not knowing eventually leads to curiosity, which may lead to trying, and the not knowing is what can get you in trouble
You should decide not to do drugs because of knowledge not out of fear. Knowledge does not mean you have to try stuff. For example, I didn't know much about pills and coke. Tried weed and didn't like it. Got addicted to the first two, avoided the last one. But my friends were kids from the dead tour and they told me about all the stuff you can trip on. They told me about what it does to the brain, they told me all about their trips, they told me about the environment it was taken in. They told me research I could look at, and I definitely decided that those realm of those drugs were not for me. I don't need to try to know. From all the knowledge I gathered, I don't want it.

Be sober. Go have fun. Go laugh at the silly drunks. No one here is ever going to pressure you into doing something you don't want to do.

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

burningoftheclavey
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

burningoftheclavey

lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..

Total posts: 926
Posted:Wow, I've been thinking about this a bit recently, and have severely cut down on the drugs I take. I've now been to a couple of parties and not taken anything and still managed to stay up and dance with the rest of them... I see myself eventually being completely drug free, but I still enjoy getting high at parties/festivals etc.. I understand there are much better ways of getting a natural high that dont leave you feeling like crap.. but i dont really take drugs to get messed up now as I have done before...

And spinning is fine sober when I'm alone but has previously helped when Im a little intoxicated in the presence of other people and at parties to stop me feeling so self conscious. But i think I'm over that now.

But I'm interested, those who stay sober at parties, what if you are wanting to stay up (perhaps for a dj or something) but find your energy isnt keeping you as awake as you'd like? I know power napping always helps but sometimes you wont want to..and a friend of mine does a bit of chakra work to help her, but any other suggestions? peace

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

Delete

faith enfire

faith enfire

Posted:caffiene caffiene caffiene
drug status is questionable
actually I had a drink called Monster last night and it wired me for a number of hours

Faith

Delete

FatGuru
SILVER Member since Apr 2007

FatGuru

Total posts: 40
Posted:Monsters are AWESOME! Try the orange ones!

I believe something is only a drug if you treat it like a drug. shrug

"It is far better to know you think than it is to think you know." -FAT-

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Total posts: 1502
Posted: Written by: faithinfire

caffiene caffiene caffiene

drug status is questionable

drug status is irrefutable.

EDIT: no no, it is! SRSLY! ubblol

EDITED_BY: essaycrisis87 (1178784999)

Delete

faith enfire

faith enfire

Posted:fine mainstream wise caffiene is not a drug, is a stimulant...it can be considered a drug but mostly the context here is abused prescription drugs or recreational illegal drugs, and alcohol

caffiene imo is a different animal and is not a drug

EDITED_BY: faithinfire (1178737904)

Faith

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Total posts: 1502
Posted:must.. resist.... ...temptation..... to.........

Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Mr_Joe

Mr_Joe

Part-time genius

Total posts: 59
Posted:Caffeine is definitely a drug. Drug is not a word that's really subject to local definition. It's not illicit and it's very common, but so is penicillin, which is also definitely a drug.

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Total posts: 6650
Posted:Caffeine is a drug, as is alcohol and nicotine....

After some setback I'm again smokefree and look forward to he same in alcohol... It just feels nice. I have to admit, that there are only few substances I haven't tried (and of those I have no intention of doing so any time in the near or far future)... I do not recommend or promote drugs, as I am aware that these are only a shortcut. Most of the "states of mind" (or similar) can be inflicted by natural methods (meditation and fasting for say), without the poisoning.

Problem is, that it's not the drug itself, the dose and the way to administer it, but foremost within the personality of the person inflicting it on ones self.

We have lost the traditional way in which drugs have been used and replaced it with ABuse... "recreational intake" - IMHO - is the worst way in which any kind of drug can be taken...

Personally I must say 3 Vodka/Red Bull sometimes left me as the first person coming on and the last person leaving that dance floor - I do not need pills to obtain that and that the intake of certain mind alerting substances has caused a "flow" that was phenomenal.... but that's exactly the point:

Phenomenal! This experience is "not easy" to be repeated (if at all), but the mind tries to grasp and cries for repetition - leading one into abuse and addiction.

Just let me point out that, after months of trying to get one particular move down (cant be bothered with technical terms: one hand is doing pendulums, the other is making a circle... same then on the other side, i.e. I need a poi-dictionary), so after trying to get that for months, it was yesterday that I met !someone! (as in Claus from Austria) in Pra Sumen Park and his "buddhafield" made me do that move instantly... I try to believe in persons and their individual powers, relate to them, rather than to substances...

Next time for EJC, try to come sober (3 days not smoking/ months of abstinence to other mind alerting substances) and you will certainly experience what I'm trying to point at.

wink hug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:"Most of the "states of mind" (or similar) can be inflicted by natural methods (meditation and fasting for say)"

Boredom and hunger? umm

wink nana tongue

Delete

blu_valley
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Total posts: 197
Posted:I have spun er umm while ''influenced'', and I have spun completely straight. Both very different experiances, and both good for different reasons. I know if I want to learn anything new, I need to be straight, or it'll take me forever to learn. I know that once I have learnt something and can do it, I apply it better when not so straight. I also know that if I have had ANY amount of alchohol that I should not bother unless I'm in the mood for bruises, and if I've had caffein I'll probably get all emotional when my poi tangle.

But thats just me.

ubbrollsmile

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Delete

Page: 1234