Advanced Weaves, Augmented 5 beat weave

• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Poi

Augmented 5 beat weave   Next Page  >

Other Media Files:
View from Side Views:25280 Uploaded by onewheeldave

A 5-beat weave involving one handed move.

Tips/Hints: Would be useful to work on one-handed 2 beat weave first (preferably using soft poi as you'll tend to get hit in the back of the head when first learning that move)

Move works best with sock poi, preferably of such a length that the end of sock can be placed in the receiving hand i.e. with no excess such as you'd get with longer socks that require being wrapped around the hand.

In this clip I'm using white sports socks (mid calf length) that I've stretched slightly.

"Augmented 5 beat weave" was first uploaded by onewheeldave
GOLD Member since Aug 2002
and has been viewed 49321 times.Video Download

Support this Tutor.
Help your favourite tutor make new and improved lessons.
and we will pay onewheeldave more for their lessons.

Comments

Login or Register to post comments
Comments/replies: 8
hollyw00d
Member #85780
Reged: Jan 2009
5th Jan 2009 8:33 AM

ahhhh

Candy
Member #3950
Reged: Jan 2003
27th Feb 2009 5:20 AM

Ooh, I love this, it's next on my list! Looks VERY cool. heart
------------------------------
Nuke the unborn gay baby whales for Jesus.

Tyler_Thompson
Member #81060
Reged: Oct 2008
6th May 2009 9:30 AM

Check out meenik's channel on YouTube and look for the video about the Magnetic poi.. He's got magnets on either handle so that you can pop them together midswing at anytime and they turn into a meteor and then pull them apart when needed as well..

Ultraman
Member #94895
Reged: Jul 2009
4th Aug 2009 8:00 AM

I love this one! This is going to be one of my favorite.

Jared B.
Member #95370
Reged: Jul 2009
5th Aug 2009 8:31 AM

This is a fun one. I can't figure out reverse though.

Rives
Member #92884
Reged: Jun 2009
7th Aug 2009 3:57 AM

I have a tutorial up, but what is giving you trouble, maybe i can help.

meshunderlay
Member #79694
Reged: Sep 2008
11th Feb 2011 6:28 PM

Interesting, this would make 7 bt weaves a bit easier, n'est-ce pas? =)

agrovent
Member #145775
Reged: Jan 2012
12th Jan 2012 3:54 PM

oooo how did i never see this before now?? this is beautiful, expecially the wallplane variation! doesnt work too well with the giant couterweighted handles on my throw poi (50g of seed in the handle) but it works great on anything smaller! thanks!
------------------------------
"...It's worth it, to get to spend my life doing what makes me happy and sharing something real with people, in the midst of all the falseness around."

Comments/replies: 8

Similar Topics

Using the keywords [augmented 5 beat weave] we found the following similar topics.
1. Learn > POI > Advanced Weaves > augmented seven beat weave variation *help/resource the augmented seven beat weave is a combination...
2. Learn > POI > Advanced Weaves > Augmented 5 beat weave *help/resource a 5 beat weave involving one handed...
3. Learn > POI > Advanced Weaves > Reverse Augmented Five Beat Weave *help/resource this is a reverse five beat weave where you switch both poi to...
4. Learn > POI > Throws > 5 beat throwing weave *help/resource