GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Me spinning fire in the day, unedited. Comments welcome to help me improve please smile

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Er - my advice:
1) Edit your videos wink
2) Point the camera at you, not at the floor
3) Don't bother with fire during the day
4 Spin off your excess fuel when spinning that near to a gazebo.

The spinning itself is nice enough, maybe vary the tempo some and mix the planes up a little

smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
The camera is balanced on a patio heater thats why its pointing at the floor

Will take note on all points.

Thanks

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Sorry, original post was a little blunt - the risks of commenting post-pub smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I never got why people are so against fire during the day.....i mean out here, where days are getting to be 110, it makes sence that no one would be spinning while the sun is up.....it's nice and everyone can see more.

Nice video smile

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
You really should invest in a tripod. They're not that pricey, I was able to afford one with only one hours wages of a grocery boy!

I say this because I couldn't really see the antispin patterns you were doing properly, or much of the stuff you did once it was longarm above your head.

You probably want to do that stall less... the downward stall that was moving into butterfly... I do the same kinds of things, I get locked into a movement I like and if theres a gap I throw it in. For a while it was hyperloops, now its hyperloops and spiral wraps. But yeah... i found when I purposefully broke those habits I either slipped into a new one (Meaning i got much more proficient at a new movement) or I got a little more progressive flow into my spinning before I slipped into a new habit. biggrin

hug

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Ill use the table with something on next time!

I know what you mean about locked into one type of movement, i have always done this too. Its now upwards stall and weave to cross to meltdown.

I am starting to learn how to do pendulum swings more but as everything is, its a steep learning curve to force the brain to pendulum one whilst stalling another

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
just seems fire in day is a little pointless

re:tripods

gadget show did a feature on compact tripods

https://gadgetshow.five.tv/jsp/5gsmain.js...ection=Features

this being the best one

Non-Https Image Link

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
thanks for that sim, you've just made me spend £14 on a gorillapod and a fiver on some more sd memory. money i dont have!

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Hmm... how're you combining the pendulum swings and stalls? I've had a go, I CAN do it, but I'm not feeling its looking effective... what kind of combinations, movements are you doing? Like... how're you connecting them?

hug

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Mother_Natures_Son

Hmm... how're you combining the pendulum swings and stalls? I've had a go, I CAN do it, but I'm not feeling its looking effective... what kind of combinations, movements are you doing? Like... how're you connecting them?

was this a question for me? if so i think it is because i might be trying to half stall and half pendulum maybe

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Yeah, it was a question for you... I had a go at it after you mentioned it and was just wondering how you were doing it. I did them both in the wall plane, the stalls being upward ones and it felt not at all dissimilar to a box stall. I was just curious as to how you were incorporating it into a larger series of movements, as a transition between a same direction pendulum motion and a butterfly one?

hug

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
that mostly went over my head im afraid. I dont really think about larger series of movement, i just try and do the moves (which is probably why my movement isnt that great) Plus i have only just learned to to do basic pendulums so am still in brain training mode with them not like weaves, crosses etc

sorry i couldnt be more helpful

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Geeza

thanks for that sim, you've just made me spend £14 on a gorillapod and a fiver on some more sd memory. money i dont have!

ubblol

nice accessory to take to thailand with you, aswell as the great pics you take, you need to take pics of the most interesting places you attach your gorillapod to.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
ha ha. dont think some of the places would be suitable for this family forum. girls may enjoy the nobbly beads too!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
you can just email those ones then ubblol

Soulwirenewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Wow man... I really gotta learn how to spin.