Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

TwerpyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
Is the Penetration, stimulation and titilation workshop going to be as exciting as it sounds?
EDITED_BY: Twerpy (1184794235)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Brit_Joe...
 Written by: Durbs

Fear thee not, there'll be a big poster displaying the times available throughout the festival smile

"Both eyeballs" as my mum would say wink

Twerpy - Yes smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

TwerpyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
Hurray! bounce2

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Twerpy

Is the Penetration, stimulation and titilation workshop going to be as exciting as it sounds?

given then bagiebagie is running it, yes, it will be awsome!

expect lots of really good advice, and style, plus a large does of smiles and campness i suspect....

Step (el-nombrie)

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
I cant wait to get there now although i am so slack this year on my organisation only just got my travel sorted not my food or anything else just how to get there lol... just wondering how many devilstickers are goin this year?

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
4?

Step (el-nombrie)

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Has anyone else started to pack yet or is it just me.

Skully is the bestest hoopy hoopy teacher! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
So then those traveling by train to play, which station are you looking to get too, and is the hop bus gonna be like slap bang! WAM right infront of you when you get off te platform? Or will you have to walk a little in a certain direction to get to it?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
You'll probably have to walk to the road Joe wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Yes Yes Yes - Skully do a hoopshop! clapclap

How about combining workshops to avoid missing them...

Written by: Twerpy

plus

Written by: Wild Child

How about a combined X-rated Whip & Hug workshop? spank devil ubbangel biggrin

might be worth a visit? wink biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
so would that be:

X-rated penetration stimulation whip & hug titilation workshop?

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
eek wow I'm there ubblol

and this is a family-friendly festie? umm ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
That had better happen, I need to know how to titilate a stimulation whip...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
penetrate it with a hug?

Euonymous Europeus

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
my bad it should have read ubblol

X-rated penetration, whip stimulation, & hug titilation workshop...

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Can we have a cat-of-9 workshop, too, while we're at it? I don't have a proper whip.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
So Mojojo we are making a list of the workshops you need to go to wink squueeeeeee
So much fun to be had.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
where's the juggling at?

Durbs, pm on the way . . .

Jake the Juggler

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Sorry, but I spent nigh on 4 hours a day last year at Play teaching people to hoop and I really don't want to end up doing that again. Thanks for thinking of me but I'm going to pass on that one.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying so wanted to improve my hooping this time. But when you put it that way.... hug

Euonymous Europeus

NephrenKanewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Hello everybody. I'm new on here, I'm a friend of Yakumo and he's convinced me to come along to play.

I'm coming up by myself from winchester, and was wondering if anyone else is getting the train up from bournemouth/soton//winch/reading/oxford/banbury/wherever else the virgin train to birmingham goes?
EDITED_BY: NephrenKa (1184859890)

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
who running the titilation workshop and are they cute? - I dont mind combining
Off to Glade then straight to PLAY - wahahahehh
You'll hear me coming - My exhaust has fallen off!!!
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireNix

You'll hear me coming - My exhaust has fallen off!!!
Peas

Mine keeps falling off its bracket if I hit a bump so it should be an exciting drive up to play seeing if it falls and screws up my car... as long as I get there I don't care biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

youl never compete mate, only a broken exhaust rolleyes

thought id get there before someone else mentioned damaged vehicles / pubs / again !

Get there soon - i cant setup the dome without you guys!

ubbrollsmile

have a fookin wicked glade biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

ubblol ubblol

youl never compete mate, only a broken exhaust rolleyes

thought id get there before someone else mentioned damaged vehicles / pubs / again !

Get there soon - i cant setup the dome without you guys!

ubbrollsmile

have a fookin wicked glade biggrin

dude, you suck, this year can you roll the van ubblol

Step (el-nombrie)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
if he can't I bet I can wink

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

that dont surprise me........ tell me again how your getting there mynci?

train? as im sure none of the cars you've owed of recent will make it!

ubbloco

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Well you say that... my current car is needing a bit of fixing, and I have to drive it once more before play so fingers crossed eh.. if not I'm stowing away in the back of your van without telling you tongue

oh and my other car has a burnt out wreck under the bonnet biggrin anybody want to buy a suzuki vitara ubblol

NephrenKanewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know if there'll be anywhere to buy paraffin either at the festival or nearby? As i need lots and don't really fancy lugging it on the train

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NephrenKa

Does anyone know if there'll be anywhere to buy paraffin either at the festival or nearby? As i need lots and don't really fancy lugging it on the train

very clever person biggrin I just realised I'm not going to be able to get any parafin for play beforehand due to bloomin' work. so Play type fellas any ideas? wink

Page: ......