Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
you better still go!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
we promise that tickets, info, and stuff will all happen in good time, ok? so less of the pouting, and more of the 'telling durbs he's a slacker'

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
can I stick to telling strugz...oh and you because you live closer wink I don't have the effort to write a post for guildford ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Anyway, I've already posted the details about pre-registration.

Just stick yer sample in an envelope and send it to Strugz.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Don't forget the bread for dippling...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
o.O what the hell is dippling?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
if we want a working ticket, do we just mention it on here or is there some internet jiggery-pokery we need to do? I'll be in England at this time, may use it as a break in the middle of the summer job otherwise I'll feel like I'm spending my whole life teaching!

would be up for coming down early like last time to help set up, providing I can get a lift down with someone

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
by the way, am i the only one who was at PLAY last year and missed strugz crashing the van? does anyone have footage of it? will it be on the DVD?

*remembers strugz is editing it* nevermind...

are hyperloop gonna be selling those really cool sock poi again? they should bring a lot more this time. they almost ran out last year by the time i bought mine.

cant wait for PLAY... only 145 days, 6 hours, and 55 minutes wink

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
LazyAngel - if you are coming to play, you can teach my rope dart work shop, and it ill learn from you

smile

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
trying to get Alex from Edinburgh down to PLAY - his ropedart skills are awesome smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
if u want a devilstick workshop i can help u there;)

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
pm rossco and or durbs smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
coz Strugz is slack and doesn't reply to emails.. lol

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

trying to get Alex from Edinburgh down to PLAY - his ropedart skills are awesome smile

if i practiced and didnt jsut do my work shop on the fly like last year wink

Step (el-nombrie)

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
well to be honest i thought durbs and rossco where more slack

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Mech: lol me teach a rope dart workshop? I haven't really practised with ropedart for at least a year: got a bit seduced by staff redface

This year I actually sort myself out (read stay sober long enough) so I do more workshops that I meant to in the first place:

problem is, after the first first couple of days, I end up like a dog in a dense forest (panting, drooling and wondering where to go first- and that's just from excitement never mind the drugs wink )

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
BTW whos playing this year

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
*Crosses fingers and toes and internal organs for Jack Johnson.*

ubblol

If only ! Think he might be a bit busy at the Kokoa Festival. Meh. Blah. No fair. *Pout*

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
mmm Jack... *drools*

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

rainbowgirlmember
70 posts

Posted:
bounce PLAY, I love PLAY bounce2

Typical, i dont come on HoP for months, i do and i find out about PLAY and get myself all excited!! bounce bounce2

Come hell or high water i'm going - even if i get fired/misss studying/piss off people who expect me to be doing sensible things - you cant beat spending five days in a field getting wasted and spinning fire, unless of course theres a bouncy castle (hint hint)!

Now im too excited to go to bed - so i'll bounce more! Or is that inappropriate in a library? bounce bounce2

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars

"To alcohol, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems!"

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
yes yes bouncy castle, and there better be one cause if there isn't... *shakes fist*

there should be a *shakes fist* graemlin ubbrollsmile

when's the play bus gonna pick people up from the train station dya reckon- on the tuesday or the wednesday?

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
play bus will be running........

3pm - 8pm wednesday - friday biggrin

Meaning the site is NOT open to the public on tuesday ubbrollsmile

Gates officially open at 4pm on wednesday and close 4pm on sunday biggrin

346 posts

Posted:
Woohoo!

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
or check out the flyer - fresh off the press wink

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

ubbrollsmile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: rainbowgirl

unless of course theres a bouncy castle (hint hint)!

Holy SMOKE! That's is a good idea! BOUNCY CASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
smile

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

346 posts

Posted:
Groovy posters. So, pre-booking ends 13th June ... when does it begin ? Got my stool sample etc here all ready ! wink

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

im hoping end of march - we just have to get some web bits sorted so the shop can run smoothly biggrin

Sym needs to move house 1st tho.....

If i do recieve stool samples you will be beaten and gang raped at the gate........ then cast into the gutter smile with the help of Dave wink

*thinks that may have been too harsh a comment for the image of such a lovely festival - but decides to leave it anyway*

wink

ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Meh!

As if you need my help! wink

346 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

If i do recieve stool samples you will be beaten and gang raped at the gate........ then cast into the gutter smile with the help of Dave wink

ubblol

Brilliant !

And still for just the £35 yeah ? biggrin ubbloco

My poo's in the post ! It's S.W.A.L.K !

Page: ......