Page: ...
tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
I thought i would start a thread for people interested in fire staff juggling,i am really interested to see any videos of people throwing two or more staffs,and in particular anyone taking it in new direction.
I am currently working on routines with two and three staffs and contemplating a serious attempt at the four staff shower,

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
Jesus wept,it all kicked off in here!

@josh and jonny,i hope you two get to meet and train together someday.In your own way you are both
equally important to this special thing of ours. hug

Johnny my own opinion is that the six staff shower will be ALMOST impossible to nail(flash or qualify) and if im honest the only person I know who stands a chance of doing it is Josh.I really hope i'm wrong however and if you do manage to do it,I will watch the video enviosly and repeatedly.However perhaps you should try the five staff shower first?

Josh i think you are to soft and scared of the cold get outside where you ceiling is limitless wink

Bastl,bluecat and gleneroo pat yourself on the back for being respectful human beings surrounded by heathens and barbarians!

As for the thread, I know it might not be considered proper juggling by everyone but all im doing at the minute is foot juggling with two staffs,i still cant find room for a three staff pattern including the feet,
any ideas?

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
yo tim
good to hear from you

for 3 staff + feet:
try a half shower between 2 hands and 1 foot:

right hander:
start with
1 staff on right feet (ready to kick up)
1 in each hand,

kick the right feet up,
when it´s in the air, throw an outside shower with the right hand underneath (here you can control the speed of the pattern by the hight of this throw)
meanwhile this one is in the air drop the staff from the left hand to the right feet
repeat...

so what to train:
for you tim, just the drop form left hand to right feet, even you might be able to do this, -i just haven´t seen you in ages wink

the nice thing about this easy pattern is:
you can easily train it very slow, even when its not fluid, but still you can get into this 3 staffs, but 2 hands 1 feet thing.
-this is a s far as i got into this, than i realised my problem is the ability to stand just on 1 feet and move the other one arround biggrin

_told the fishfable to wes peden
_heard gloria gaynors "i will survive" 3 times live allready....in the same 20 min performance!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
or even the standard 3 club juggle with feet.

i'll explain it if you'se all go to the correct thread wink

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
rob which thread is that then?isnt this the ideal place to discuss converting clubjuggling to staffs?

hey seb,hows life?i just realised your brother is now performing with lame oz and jago,
i haven't met him yet but im sure i will do soon,

i will have a look at that pattern but it seems most of the work is still done by the arms,im looking for patterns where the work is mostly by the feet but still suits the staff style,(i hope that makes sense?)
check gatto out some awesome foot juggling one minute in(and 5 club alberts and treblas before that!!!)
I can do all the throws,flick-ups and catches he does,and have some smooth patterns with two but i can find room for that third staff mad

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
yo tim
cheers life is good, everything is getting more settled, i like it & you have to visit wink
i don´t know what my brother is doing at all, i don´t speak to him since about a year, -different opinions.

Written by: tim_marston

im looking for patterns where the work is mostly by the feet but still suits the staff style,(i hope that makes sense?)
....and have some smooth patterns with two but i can find room for that third staff mad

don´t exactly know what you mean with "suits staff style"

what families do your 2 staff patterns belong to ?
are the two staff movements in same or oposite directions ?
which rhythm, same- or split time, shuffle, or ??
can you descripe the way of each staff ??

but all this is easier face to face, so where do we meet ? in a hobbit house ? wink

_heard gloria gaynors "i will survive" 3 times live allready....in the same 20 min performance!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol

brilliant, bastl.

tim, you should go look in advanced staff: much as this thread is current, its in the wrong section, and a new staff juggling thread has been started.....

whatcha doing in january, tim?

ubblol wink

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
Bastl, sorry to bring up the family thing me and my bro havent really spoken for about 5 years so i kind of know where you are coming from hug

By "suits staff style" I mean not just a good club pattern forced into a staff pattern,
you know what I mean on this one because we talked about it in vienna,im trying to keep some twirling in the pattern and for the staff to make sense in relation to me and the crowd.

apologies if this hard to understand,I find it hard to express my idea by talking,especially when talking with my fingers!!!

I think you are right this is better discussed face to face! Do you have any plans to come to the UK anytime soon?I dont know many hobbits but I do know loads of hippies biggrin

Rob,cheers for the tip on the thread,whats going on in Jan?

biegerstranger
5 posts

Posted:
ahoi !

anybody here for showing me the way to the next ...
staff + dance-lesson(s) ?

thank you !!

bieger

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
hello bieger,
this thread is kind of out of date, all current dicussions take place in the new staff juggling thread, named:

advanced staff juggling ... let´s go mad !!

where is your home ? country, city ?
greetings from vienna
sebastian

Page: ...