• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...4849505152...61
Dunc
GOLD Member since Aug 2003

Dunc

playing the days away

Total posts: 7263
Posted:==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a 3 discount. Please note that the price of 25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of 25 in advance and 30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise 600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete Topic

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted:I've just read this in Blu_vally's MySpace blog nad I thought it was so nice I thought I'd post it here. Hope you don't mind babe!

Written by: Blu

I had such a good weekend. It takes little get-to-get-hers like this to remind me why I started spinning in the first place. Ive met so many good people through spinning. I got to meet a lot more people that I had only heard about before, or spoken to online. I met up again with quite a few of my favourite people again, who I just dont get to see often enough because we all live so far apart. I made some more friends too. It is such a big part of my life and one of my favourite things to do. I am quite willing and prepared to live my life festy to festy. And Im not talking about these big music festivals. censored that. Im on about the intimacy and beauty of these small gatherings. A bunch of smelly hippies playing in a field. I really cant wait until the next one. I reccomend it to anyone

EDITED_BY: Aime (1152276916)

Delete

mcp
PLATINUM Member since May 2003

mcp

Flying Water Muppet

Total posts: 5276
Posted: Written by: Gayle......!

I think it was just musicality but it involved huge amounts of dancing like a twat. I enjoyed it immensly!

Dancing like a twat makes me want to learn more poi and make a cheesy dance routine with you gayle. biggrin A cheesier than 6 month old wensledale cheddar stored in never washed ten year old socks sort of cheesy routine... biggrin weavesmiley ubbloco ubblove ubbidea

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Delete

Gayle......!
SILVER Member since Jul 2004

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2444
Posted: Written by: mcp

Written by: Gayle......!

I think it was just musicality but it involved huge amounts of dancing like a twat. I enjoyed it immensly!

Dancing like a twat makes me want to learn more poi and make a cheesy dance routine with you gayle. biggrin A cheesier than 6 month old wensledale cheddar stored in never washed ten year old socks sort of cheesy routine... biggrin weavesmiley ubbloco ubblove ubbidea

Sounds wicked. Let's do it! biggrin

Gayle.....!

Delete

mcp

mcp

Flying Water Muppet

Posted: Written by: Gayle......!

Written by: mcp

Written by: Gayle......!

Sounds wicked. Let's do it! biggrin

She's a maneater, make you work hard
Make you spend hard
Make you want all, of her love

!!!

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Delete

strugz
BRONZE Member since Mar 2002

strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3964
Posted:ubblol ubblol

do it - can you sing too!

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

Gayle......!

Pooh-Bah

Posted:I'm sure we could mime pretty well!

Gayle.....!

Delete

mcp

mcp

Flying Water Muppet

Posted:oh sweet can we do it as drag queens like in priscilla queen of the desert... oh no wait...

Delete

Helz Bellz
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

lovin' it...

Posted:ubblol ubblol ubblol I would pay good money to see that Meg! hug

V.v.v.v gutted to have missed your w/shop Gayle.... but pleased I got to practice it with you in your garden... damm the rain! i was getting well into it.

All I remember is the tit-hand movement thingy in the Man Eater song....

More next year please......with the renegade idea biggrin

[oh and edit]

Was chatting to Si about Play after we got back, and do you know what his favourite workshop was.. Can you guess???

..... CHEESY WIGGLING WITH GAYLE.

clap ubblol clap

EDITED_BY: Helz Bellz (1152278963)

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Delete

Sym
BRONZE Member since Sep 2004

Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest

Total posts: 1858
Posted: Written by: Helz Bellz

All I remember is the tit-hand movement

confused ubblol

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Delete

Helz Bellz

lovin' it...

Posted:devil wink

Delete

Gayle......!

Pooh-Bah

Posted:I'd be up for doing more dancing themed things next year, some cheesey, some not.

It seemed to have gone down really well, and i must thank the pussycat dolls for the tit-hand movement, as i stole it from them ubblol

Gayle.....!

Delete

_Siege_
SILVER Member since Jan 2005

_Siege_

Total posts: 181
Posted:Oo, more dance workshops please! Soooooooooo much funness! Don't know about "queen of the stoner tent" but u are definitely the "queen of funky wiggling to cheesy music!" clap ubblove

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

Delete

Helz Bellz

lovin' it...

Posted:ditto

along with queen of hyperloop poi! hug

Big up Gayle....... biggrin

Delete

Gayle......!

Pooh-Bah

Posted:redface stop it! No, actually don't. It's fun!

Gayle.....!

Delete

jo_rhymes
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

jo_rhymes

Momma Bear

Total posts: 4525
Posted:me and Ed were planning to do a good act for the renegade next year. I've learnt to play Michael Jackson's Thriller on acoustic guitar, and Ed's going to body pop to it, doing the Thriller routine. it's gonna be badass biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

Vixen
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3276
Posted:Can someone help, i cant find the link to the site with glass and co performing the same show they did at play. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete

Matty_B
SILVER Member since Feb 2005

Matty_B

veteran

Total posts: 1314
Posted:Tis here under hangar fun, but the link is down

I know it isn't much help

Delete

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted:Vix

Their website is HERE and the page it's actually on is HERE

Hope that helps smile

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Direct link for the lazy or easily confused

Delete

alien_oddity

alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 7193
Posted:eek that is one seriously amazing video clap

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Its better live though wink

Delete

alien_oddity

alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:i only saw parts of them doing it live, and practicing lots biggrin

Delete

Yakumo
SILVER Member since May 2006

Yakumo

veteran

Total posts: 1237
Posted:I've got the whole Play live version thing in 320x240 , it's a 220mb MOV tho from an panasonic fz-20 camera. need to work out what to do with it, and check it's ok to put up somewhere too smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

Delete

alien_oddity

alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:you could send it to them and see if they like it and maybe they could put it up seeing as they have copyright (i think.....just wouldn't want to see you getting in trouble with babylon over a video ) wink ubblol

Delete

Loewan
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

Loewan

and behold!

Total posts: 464
Posted: Written by: mcp

She's a maneater, make you work hard

Make you spend hard

Make you want all, of her love

!!!

She's a firespinner, make you burn hard,

Make you spin hard,

Make you want all the paraffin.

Sorry, can't resist. redface

Anyway, I think the food was pretty good. I did a nice vegetarian diet over the 4 days but I am not an expert with veggie meals (hardly eat them) so I presumed it was all good. biggrin

A nice little chill out area with some nice ambient would be cool. I was relunctant to go into the Chocolate Tree to sit down and not actually buy something. The trouble with me and chocolate is that I have no self control once I start. redface I think Steaks already mentioned some outdoor lightings around the field which would be cool.

I love psytrance and rock so the music was OK to me. Some Breakbeats would have been nice to spin to tho. The schedule for the evening shows was just stunning. I love how it was paced out to a marvellous build up.

Everything was just beyond my expectations. I think the only thing missing is the huge crowd around the campfire as seen in Falmouth. Think its location had something to do with that.

I've only started spinning last Sept so I've missed on on Play 2005 but I think it would be safe to say that the organisers have outdone themselves. I even heard that the crew even spent all day picking thristles so we fire playing rascals wouldn't get stung, that is much appreciated.

And to think, I was actually considering sitting this one out! eek

EDITED_BY: Alien_Concept (1152423929)

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

Delete

Yakumo
SILVER Member since May 2006

Yakumo

veteran

Total posts: 1237
Posted:I've been officially asked not to post performance footage, you'll have to wait for the new play DVD, that''ll be much higher quality anyway so look forward to it smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

Delete

alien_oddity

alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:i did put a breaks set on on the monday night once the stage was down and i could relax biggrin

Delete

jo_rhymes
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

jo_rhymes

Momma Bear

Total posts: 4525
Posted:Mollydog keeps trying to eat my new red and blue furry play poi! I think she thinks they are giant caterpillas!! Bad Mollydog!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

MikefromGlos
SILVER Member since Jul 2006

MikefromGlos

Hitman

Total posts: 985
Posted:when is the play 2006 dvd coming out.... I think the fest was perfect I came up with two other people and had a great time we still cant stop talkihng bout it.... I think we should all go live in play field and have lots of fun....

Any chance of some more toy stalls at the beggining of the fest next year so we can buy new toys and play with them all the way though

mike

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Delete

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted:Hi Mike, glad you enjoyed yourself so much

There should have been more equipment available but tePooka toys were left with a far far smaller car than they were supposed to have so not only were they late they also couldn't as bring much with them as they wanted to.

There will be lots and lots of toys for sale next year, all the way through the festival juggle

The planned DVD release date is December 2006, just in time for Christmas smile

Delete

Page: 1...4849505152...61