Forums > Videos > Matty B and Toys - **Updated 18/10/05**

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Ok so here is what you have all been waiting for . . . its Matty B's Video Thread

so take a peek and let me know what you think . . .

Matty B and Toys ... Episode 1 : Beginnings of Poi ~ 10Mb

Enjoy hug ubbrollsmile hug

**updated - 18/10/05**

A silly little vid about my first attempt at Kite Buggying

Special Manoeuvres - 7.4Mb (click video button on the left ..)

EDITED_BY: Matty B (1129637442)

Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
Excellent peace weavesmiley

"I'm your Huckleberry."

The muse spake her thought and then there was silence. Thy spiked tongue had melted, only a bitter heart remained.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey my first response ... woohoo . . . hug thanks . . . . woohoo

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I enjoyed that. We'll make a dancer of you yet!!

The only comments i would make would be:

i can see you've been working on your antispin which is looking really nice, however, i would have liked to see more non-antispin dancing things. Footwork looks a little static and clumsy. I would love to see better footwaork from you as i know you can...

other than that, really nice. Can't wait for installment two.

Maybe, Matt paint using a long handed roller as a staff?? or Door Matt using mats as flags or Mathe-matt-ics??

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Points duely noted miss gayle . . . I shall go practice my dancing . . .

Yeah, when I looked back at the footage I did notice a theme. . .need to vary stuff more often , but it was all the footage I had . . and I wanted to make a vid... the next one will be a bit more of a planned spin I hope. . .

Mathe-matt-ics? - such a bad punn . . . tut tut

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
frown I'm in work and can't see it. I can't download it at home either.. poop! I'll just have to go visit my sister and download it smile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Pretty interesting clip Matt! Just a few quick comments:

00.29-00.31- Hmm. wondering about that footwork wink
00:39-00:52- Nice sequence here, I especially like the bit where you change speed.
02:00-02:05- Clean swops! I like.
02:34-02:38- Started off a nice antispin flower, but I didn't like when they started to go on the same timing especially noticeable around 02:37
02:53-02:56- Groovy whatever that thing's called. I always mean to figure it out, but never get round to it.

Bottom line, fantastic stuff! Keep it up beerchug biggrin

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Nice video, I like your spinning style.

I can't say I noticed a theme, but I did see the same moves a couple of times not that there's a problem with that.

I liked that separated butterfly at the beginning, ever tried to turn that?
Good work on the butterfly buzzsaw extensions. Was the speed change intentional? Do you have a name for that pattern? I do,,,, but it's unprintable here.
I liked the hand swaps, I've never seen that before.
I never actually thought about turning a butterfly flower, you seem able to turn it more smoothly than a regular flower ( something I have to constantly drill or it becomes kinda jerky) I'll give it a try this afternoon.
You're not selling me on the benefits of antispin, but then I've always been a skeptic keep working on it though, I'm looking for a reason to change my mind. This is the first time I've ever seen an antispin flower done during daylight.
Nice isolations, and like Ry, I like that thing at 2:53
Great pirouettes at the end, gotta figure out that move .

Good video, looking forward to your next one

beerchug David

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Cheers buddy, Yeah I have only just started to get anti-spin so am still on the learning curve...

The groovy thing is a butterfly hyperloop with a catch which puts into reverse....

Thanks for the comments , much appreciated..

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Ooops comments at the same time . . . that one was meant to go after Ry's comments

Stout - cheers for the comments, antispin is worth the effort. I am still working on it that is why you were probably not sold. Antipsin opens up lots of options to change direction and confuse and amaze... Have a look at some of Oli and Ros (Fluffy Napalm Fairy) vids and you will see how graceful they can be

ta next vid hoepfully won't be too long

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Cool man I enjoyed that. Tight stuff. Funky effects in the begining too. Looking forwards to more smile

And clare with the fire hands, beautiful as always, someone sould really eternalize that in good quality some time. smile

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I swear I already posted here... confused

anyways,

Nice vid Matt! Your planes and timing are looking spot on! The isolations are looking nice too, and the swaps are smooooooth... smile

As Gayle said, I did think the footwork could use a bit of work, it seems to break down a little on the turns. If you do any martial arts, try using footwork from that as it helps.

or Matt paint with paint cans? biggrin

offtopic Mot: I have footage of Clare and Durbs with fire hands, just give me a month or so...

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Very nice dude! biggrin I like those little butterfly hyperloop bouncy things. Them's right nice.

Nice garden, too. biggrin

"Take that, math!"

RadaSILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
yeah, that is quite a tranquil place to poi it up. i liked the vid, ive never used socks, so i dont know about the weight and stuff, but you made those matrix combos look effortless. It was alittle long for me in places during the multitude of butterfly variations, all of which were nicely executed btw. i didnt see alot of forward or backward weave variations which would have been a nice addition to the vid. It was a quite good use of time for me to watch it. cheers, and keep it up.

Rada

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Nice one Matt! hug You're really nailing some of those moves now, I can't believe how much you've come on since Fally 3 hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
sweet video, i espicially liked the bits where the poi change colour and the effect in the beginning. ive been playing around with swoping the handles over in butterfly hyperloops (so upon exit it magically appears that your poi have changed colour and your butterfly is going the other way ubbrollsmile) which is no way near as hard as it sounds if your butterfly hyperloops are solid which judging by the vid, yours are biggrin

the split time butterfly flowers near the beginning are smooove smile as is the bits where you catch the poi head in your hand ubbrollsmile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
nice man, very nice, like it...

Nothing better than watching a good poi vid, on a sunday afternoon, making me want to go out in the garden an nail those anti spins! ha.

good work.

next time can u get some fit ladies in bikini's on those sun loungers!?

passing through, this world still lives.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I will work on it Frodo . . . Any ladies fancy the job ? will supply pimm's and hugs

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Cheers for all the feedback from everyone - am happy that you all have taken the time to watch it and hope that you enjoyed it...

There will be more soon . . fire and socks - probably not together though. . . .

Thanks for all the inspiration and I will see you all soon

hug

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i like it man, i will only say a couple of nagative things

it was a boring location ma, im sorry, but go find somehwere cool, in fact find several locations and use footage from them all.

multi angle camera work, moveteh camera to get more angles, and that will add more depthe to the vid

and length, if you are repeating tricks lots and lots the vid is to long, break it up with sillyness, like going round town from location to location, or videos of people?

but you are an awsome spinner, i was saying to ross on saturday night, that you are bloody amazing!

Step (el-nombrie)

mapleleafBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
nice video matty!!
just a quick question... how long have you been spinning for?

im asking because my poi havent even arrived yet and im wondering how long it will take me to get to your level

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey nice vid matt! im with gayle on the dancing bit, i think you should wiggle your bum more smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
nice vid ditto with everyone on the dancing bit, but hey, I'm still working on that one myself. well done smile

Are you up for it?
wink;)

MiniMeBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Hey dude, cool video. I think it was fkn great for a first one...

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Cheers everyone hug I glad you enjoyed it...

The next vid will be much better - different shots around cardiff etc... just wanted to have a go at making a vid...

I have owned poi for a couple of years but only started spinning them properly this feb when I joined this forum . . .
It all depends on who you spin with and how much you pratice, I have been fortunate enough to be involved in the flamouths and PLAY festivals here in the uk which have taught me sooo much

Thanks again to all that have taken a peek . . . don't forget to post if you do . . .

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
you also have rosco, who is an awsome spinner to wtach and learn from!

smile

whens the whales invasion vid out?

Step (el-nombrie)

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
when i get a chance, uni work is sucking at the mo and also been in budapest for the last couple of days smile

But it is on its way ....

hug thanks for coming hug

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: Matty B

The next vid will be much better - different shots around cardiff etc... just wanted to have a go at making a vid...

goddamn, you've been practising... cool vid.

re: idea above, you have a camera? can i help when i get back, i likey video now, new thing, 'tis fun biggrin we just need a nice sunny winters day and a castle and a city hall and various other locations...... ooohh.... we can make a cardiff spinners vid with everyone in it!.... sooo many possibilities.... and someone should get some welsh flags and spin them... because it would be really cheesy, but great!!

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Yup, glad you like....

Its all in hand miss Non - we already have some footage and infact we are planning some footage this weekend .... when do you get back .... you will have to come and play...

Those flags sound like a wicked idea . . . I will see what I can manufacture...

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
hmmm november... sounds like it will be finished by then though nevermind, maybe i can offer my camera skills for the sequel...

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
depends we have to have some good weather first . . . smile

*sat in due to rrrrrrrrrubish weather*

Page: