TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
I was wondering if anyone from here is going to be there (Ibiza) this summer? I'm spending a few weeks in Formentera which is a smaller island in the Balearics and just a short ferry away from Ibiza..

Anyone?

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Haha I'm wearing my Pacha shirt right now...but sadly I won't be there this summer It was the first place I saw fire dancing-it holds a special place in my heart

Have fun you lucky duck!

Om Shanti

Om Namah Sivaya

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
i've got some freebie pacha t-shirts

i know Nick and Ali are over there - from the london orange crowd - amazingly lovely people - they were there last year too
-good memories
if you like trance ...keep an ear out for '
tribe of frog' parties
i hear they moved out there permanently after the fun last year
- more smiling memories

-if you see people doing fire - ask if they know orange
i've been doing ibiza the last couple of seasons
a tad warm around the balaerics too

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
I'm not actually going to be staying in Ibiza, I'm on another island just off it. So the chances of me just happening upon some firespinners is remote.. I've been there about 16 or 17 times (once each year) and never seen anyone spinning anything.. saw a fire juggler a few years ago..

Anywho.. does anyone know how the local authorities take to fire spinning?? And any tips on getting smelly poi out there, should I try that cooking wrap or a large thermos??

Cheers guys,
Tom

[ 06 August 2002, 23:34: Message edited by: Tom ]

enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
I saw people playing with poi all over the place when I was there...on the beaches, in the clubs (specifically Amnesia)- not all, but many were doing it with fire. My guess is you'll stumble across some this year

OM Shanti

Om Namah Sivaya

jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
Me and my boyfriend were thinking of stayin in formentera for 4/5 nights it looks beautiful, then Ibiza for a long weekend (to minimise the damage to wallets and brains!) but its gonne be too expensive, altho we might still do ibiza for a few nights (who needs hotels when u can party all night long and lie on the beach all day hehe)

If anyones got an clever ideas on how to make ibiza NOT cost a mint or give us a couple of jobs out there let me know hehe Maybe if we do get over there the same time we can meet up
PS why don't u just make/buy a new set of fire poi then they won't stinkplus u'll have a nice brand new set of holiday poi...

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
JexXy, and on the way back when they smell?

You can get there for just under £45 with GoFly.com on the 11th August.. getting back looks a bit more expensive now.. but you could try getting late flights when your there?

Oh, and yes Formentera is very very beautiful, I've put a sunset taken there in my gallery here.

Tom

[ 09 August 2002, 03:46: Message edited by: Tom ]

jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
Wow it looks amazing there. Do u have to fly to ibiza and get the ferry? doh forgot about the coming back bit! couldn't u take some replacement kevla, clean the poi and just put new wicks on when u leave, it'd be a pain but they woulnd't smell too much then would they? /me has no actual idea cos i haven't lit mine yet!

enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
JexXy>>there are tons of jobs available there....like being a flyer girl...or a waitress...when I was there my friend and I both got jobs doing that to minimize expenses...but we only lasted like a couple days at each job cause there was just to much to do

Don't buy alcohol in the clubs!!! Soooooo expensive. Just grab some red bull and vodka before hand at a grocery store. Unfortunately the water you'll have to buy just be prepared to pay a fortune for a very small amount...and don't drink the tap water in the clubs...I swear they poison it or something.

[ 11 August 2002, 04:02: Message edited by: SunSpot ]

Om Namah Sivaya