Page:
DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
This is inspired by a radio show here in the UK called "I'm sorry I haven't a clue". The basic idea is to say one word that is completely un-related to the previous. As soon as a link is identified between words a loser is identified and mocked beyond belief. The mods might want to close this down as a waste of bandwidth. Ok - first word is:-Chicken

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
..point..where's the relation?anyhow, back to work,Tom

Orinmember
36 posts

Posted:
Durbs..Angioplasty.heh could be fun.. but could be a ..point grin-Orin

Once I cut my hand, but the wound was not part of me.
Now I'm a man, there's a wound at the heart of me.

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
*point* alright my first point!!!! maybe i should do this instead of work toda....hmmm. naww better not.p.l.u.r.r.chicken head....lol

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
You missed my 'point', my next word was 'point', plus I was after a 'point' all at the same time.Has anyone mentioned 'point' in this thread yet???Hmm...Tom

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Kevin BaconI think they should have either kept the point thing either a secret, or just an inside joke amongst a few of us.------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
i would say the same PWB, except i probably wouldn't have been let in on it. frownuh.. trailer.[This message has been edited by rex (edited 14 February 2002).]

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
interesting...rex- id be on the side lines with you...

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
um.....ectoplasmand no points...not shutting it down. However, I am tempted to penalized for starting a thread with the intent it might be shut down. tongueSoon there are going to be more people in the negative than positive.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Boing!

Jesus helps me trick people.

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Tabouli Sandwich*yum...munches away*------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Antidisestablishmentarionism... grin------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Supercalafragalisticexpaladocious.... grin------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Twirl'N'BurnBooojakasha
121 posts

Posted:
Vexed grin

Simply an excuse to play with fire.

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Mobius strip. wink------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Whuppi Cussion

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Time to point out some flaws in your reasonings:*Chicken* *Point* is a landmark in Sedona, ArizonaThe *point* of damage in a blood vessel is where *angioplasty* is used.The *angioplasty* was required for heart damage caused by too much (Kevin) *Bacon* fat*Kevin Bacon* has a *trailer* on a movie set (and he features in several movie *trailers*)Incidentally, did you know the term *trailer* is used for previews _before_ a movie comes out - now that is really *interesting*!But not nearly as *interesting* as the concept of *ectoplasm*. Paranormal ooze, mmm!In fact, *ectoplasm* has been left behind by many ghost-like newbies who vanished after a series of *boings* from strange people pretending they are on a trampoline. (that is the hardest yet!)Speaking of trampolines, I get extra *boing* on a trampoline after eating too much *tabouli* - ya gots ta love a gas powered trampolinist! shockedOk glowshow wins here - I can't link Tabouli sandwich to antidisestablishmentarianism frownHowever, *antidisestablishmentarianism* is considered the longest word in the english language, although many children will have you believe that *supercalifragilisticexpialidocious* is. The truth is *supercalifragilisticexpialidocious* is not actually a real word, and many people are *vexed* on how to spell it.However, many more people are *vexed* when asked to create a physical object with a single side, that is until they are shown a *mobius strip*....sorry can't link whoopi cushion either!

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
So you're saying Tom lost in the second word?Harsh. (That's my new word in case we're letting it go on)

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Bubble.Ya keep it going - I'll just chime in once in a while and burst everyone's bubble.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

phartbreathmember
13 posts

Posted:
control-alt-deletehey this game sounds fun..( oops i just used more then one word.. is that illeagle ?? )phart

Chandleemember
5 posts

Posted:
accretion disc(I'm supposed to be revising for an astronomy exam!)

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
chickadee smile

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
On the antidisestablishmentarianism subject, it is commonly held to be the longest word in the english language.....but this is a false assumption, im resonably sure that the word 'floccinaucinihilipilification' has more letters. It means to estimate that something is worthless, for those who might like to know.As i say i am only 75% sure that this word is actually a real word, (im fairly certain though).so i will add thatfloccinaucinihilipilification(Flock-see-nor-see-nigh-hill-i-pill-if-ication, its pronounced something like that)cheersapbp.s. feel free to write about how im a loony who doesn't know the english language

Good on usGood on us all

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Okay, I have to disagree here. Just because you can use words together in a sentence does not mean they are linked. So, do the words need to not be able to be linked or is that you just shouldn't be able to use them in a sentence together? confusedPWB is right in the implication that this is very much like the 3 Degrees to Kevin Bacon and 6 Degrees of Seperation games.APB, Floccillation: the purposeless compulsion to pick at one's clothes or bedding, as in delirium. What is what you wrote? I couldn't find it.My next word: Hippopotamus ------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
YAY FOR ME!!! grin grin I won twice, and if you count the fact that a mobius strip is not a three dimensional object with one side (nor a two dimesional object that cannot be represented in the real world-thank you Charles wink ), then I win three times, because a mobius strip would not un-vex anyone who was asked to create a three dimensional object with one side. Only a one dimensional object could theoretically have one side.My next word: MENSA tongue Can I get a point for each of these, please? Make the check out to glowshow.------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---[This message has been edited by glowshow (edited 15 February 2002).]

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
sorry glowshowYou lost that time.How could you forget that the logo of the Mornington cresent branch of Mensa is of course - a Hippopotamus.next word is:brokenAs the tierd dog of destiny cocks its leg against the electric fence of fate andthe frisky king penguin of time approches the ageing nun of inevitability.I must bid you farewell.Glass________________Great thread paul

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I'll have to admi, APB, that it is a close race between those two 29-28. But I can always pull the trump card:antidisestablishmentarionismist(s)!Don't count this as my word, use the last one.------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Touche. But can you prove it?------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
Broken -- Antidisestablishmentarianist(s)Antidiestablishmentarianists are those who are against the disestablishment of the Church of England. Another, albeit less descriptive, word for disestablishmet could be breaking up, which is obvoiusly the present tesnse of broken. So a definition of Antidisestablishmentarianist(s) using the worn broken (or it's present tense form "breaking up) would be. A person who is against the breaking up of the Church of England. I think that does it. If not my word is "Spittle"Rob

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
Goat farts.

Fear the evil monkey!

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
With regards to my previous post on this thread it is wrong. Diestablishment is not equal to break up.In my defence I originally though that disestablishmentarianism was to do with the diestablishment of the link between the monarchy and the chusrch of England. If that was the definition then it would have been right but it isn't so I'm not. madRob

Page: