Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,414    Replies: 9
"You know that latin phrase that is shortened down to QED (I think it's quod erat demonstrandum not too sure though)what does it mean???? "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,870    Replies: 7
"look..here...its brilliant!(yes yes yes, stolen from Jez.) Its like what we do......only in miniture"
Last Reply by
Views: 875    Replies: 11
"this..almost fell asleep whilst scanning down.any other entries for the most boring website ever?!? Zzzzzzzzzz"
Last Reply by
Views: 917    Replies: 10
"I got the bloody things, and can't get rid of em. Suggestions anyone?"
Last Reply by
Views: 861    Replies: 3
"Have to big up Chaos Unlimited for their fab selection of psytrance sounds and great service. I ordered my CDs in the afternoon and they arrived the next morning, sent by first class ma..."
Views: 1,725    Replies: 0
"Dear Malcolm,I was talking to Thistle last night and told her I wondered whether, 'back in the day', you ever dreamed Home of Poi would become the success it is. She suggested I ask you..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,448    Replies: 22
"ok...i tried asking this question before when i introduced myself.....but not many people replied. The question remains the same: Do you have a shocking or scary experience with fire?"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,287    Replies: 30
"hey guys, well i've been glued to designing again recently and landed the job of doing our website.so your roll in this is to click this link to the all new te POOKa website, please do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,735    Replies: 29
"Hello beautiful peopleI was thinking about this these days after a chat I had with Ray.Do you think that you can see people s real face when they are angry ? I used to think stress reve..."
Last Reply by
Views: 845    Replies: 6
"Mwuh ha ha ha "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,827    Replies: 18
"This is for you Flynt!!! strange gerbil dance and naked cookies!!! I do not endorse this strange gerbil dance "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,556    Replies: 11
"Mr. Malcolm, umm... when I went to the store, under D. Clubs, Battons, Staff, Devilsticks, is there a second page, because I dont see any firestaffs, only clubs, devilsticks and battons..."
Last Reply by
Views: 820    Replies: 2
"Does any of you lot know anthing about poi clubs in ireland?I have searched high and low with no success.Thankyou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,640    Replies: 10
"its become a huge trade/past time for a lot of peopleJust wandering what peoples thoughts are on this activity/trade...personal experiences etcnot too much detail though please...lol &..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,356    Replies: 23
"Just out of curiosity...For a budget PC (say, 500 US$750) would you go for Athlon, Celeron, or Pentium?I have my opinion, but I wondered what others thought.Also, why is that fluff tha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 950    Replies: 10
"try here if you need help with hiaku's I'll start you off with:Looking at the cloudsblue in the ice-windspace flows"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,599    Replies: 32
"living in cornhole (as i prefer to call it) has its ups and downs. it's getting to that time of year when our streets are flooded with tourists. I was just wondering if any of these 'lo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,418    Replies: 4
"hey hey. does anyone know any sites i can check to view some devil stick action? NEED MORE FIRE !!!!! "
Last Reply by
Views: 710    Replies: 3
"Any didjeridu players out there? Need advice-Can get circular breathing in theory and can get note down didj, just having trouble putting 2 together (have a feeling its cheek muscles, c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,778    Replies: 13
"hello beautiful people after feeling rather lonely for a year and a half almost, not particularly fond of the few spinners i had met in paris and the lack of warmth there, I have to s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,668    Replies: 17
"OK, so I've had a decent bit of good things happen lately and I wanted to share, and so as to avoid bragging I invite you all to use this thread to spread your good cheer and accomplish..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,748    Replies: 12
"Clicky click Best page ever."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,092    Replies: 53
"but there are only three pieces of cake left, and after that the choice is only '...or death'yours the izzardians"
Last Reply by
Views: 982    Replies: 3
"SO, this fellow i've been seeing is looking to go to Eire for maybe 10 days, prob in October (cold+rainy=cheaper), and is looking for ideas on where to go and what to do. He's into musi..."
Views: 1,468    Replies: 0
"Hello all i m looking for the strike in roma....the strike is the meeting place of all jungler/performer... it s everyday but the jungling day in the strike is wednesday..i have try t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 613    Replies: 2
"hello can any body help me out with different coloured flames and backwards weave????"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,063    Replies: 1
"I just got my first tat a little while ago and really like it it's the monkey/clock symbol from the movie 12 Monkeys. Anyway I was just wondering how long I should wait before it can ac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 668    Replies: 2
"nena and Kim #Wilde have a new video out. Nostalgia.!The song's kinda cute (seem to remember it from many years ago) and in the videothere's poi and staff spinners. Dreadlocks. And i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,329    Replies: 2
"I'm a lil' bored so lets take a look at Poi in the news The Big Kahuna Luau One of the featured guests of the Big Kahuna Luau will be a golden-brown-skinned model of beauty.That oinke..."
Last Reply by
Views: 659    Replies: 3
"right..having just performed at the circus with my parents present reminded me of what i can only classify a 'phenomenon'. This 'phenomenon' made arise such thoughts and actions as your..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,776    Replies: 24
"Far out... Hard times lately guys. I have been working my ass off and feel like I have nothing to show for it. (in all aspects of my life)I hardley get time to play with fire like I use..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,367    Replies: 6
" I need to hear from people who live in the UK who have slept in a bath.No seriously, have you ever slept in a bath? I feel mean now, saying UK, so anyone, have you? What was it lik..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,192    Replies: 24
"This is an exerpt from a letter I wrote. the following is my own personal view point (opinion)."You need to get pushed (or push yourself) to get better. I like to be pushed, to a limit...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,747    Replies: 14
"I've just had my poi conviscated by my Housemaster (dried-up bitter old queen)for failing to turn up to a tutor meeting!1) this is the first time ever ive missed a tutor meeting, it was..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,786    Replies: 6
"I know this should probably go into the "Technical Disscusions" area, but I know I'll get a good response on the Social board, so here goes:Recently I posted on my displeasure with thos..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,046    Replies: 3
"hey hey. just wondering if anyone knows any good sites to buy poi parts from. i starteed looking but was unindated with rubbish i saw some triple (funkymonky smiles and imagines the p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,103    Replies: 14
"" A teenager impressed a visiting circus boss with his skills that he ended up as a star attraction. Jon KNeller, 17, was spotted juggling outside the cirucs arena by Albert Tyler-Moore..."
Last Reply by
Views: 18,180    Replies: 176
"I have a few Concentrate staff that we have kept in stock for warranty purposes. And they have not been required. As the new fancy ones are arriving shortly I thought I would have a com..."
Last Reply by
Views: 892    Replies: 2
"I'm moving back to Seattle from Taiwan in a month. Are there any people from this discussion group there? When I get back, I want to keep spinning fire, so hopefully I can find the righ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,675    Replies: 11
"UCOF's recent post about leaving school and the massive support Mike's received after his revelation have prompted me to start drifting in my studies and thinking about my own friends....."
Last Reply by
Views: 992    Replies: 9
"it just feels strange...leaving somewhere you have been forced to go to for the past 14 years...it all was so safe and secure, everything was done for you, you knew where you were going..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,138    Replies: 5
"right..on the main page of the board...at ehtop is a list of everyone who is logged in's name...what factor decides in what order the names appear?just wondered about this earlier.."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,107    Replies: 19
"So, after getting into a lenghty conversation with someone about it this weekend, I was wondering what other people's ideas were about cheating on girlfriends/ boyfriends or spouses. D..."
Last Reply by
Views: 979    Replies: 6
"I've heard a few people mention a HoP chat room, is this an official one? can anyone let me know where to find it if it does exist.Ta"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,566    Replies: 11
"my friend and i had a cool idea.we made a set of poi but we used sergical tubing for the rope part (with a loop of rope for a handle)we put glow sticks on the end of the chain and it wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,641    Replies: 20
"....For a professional dance company here in WNY.I was so nervous. I must've practiced my routine a million times this morning. Actually, this woman made a special audition time for me ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,469    Replies: 28
"Ne1 go... I've heard bits about it... recommendations ne1? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,300    Replies: 12
"Hey all...As summer approaches I've been trying to restart our weekend park poi/staff/hangouts in the park. This will be my first summer organizing them (fingers crossed) and I even po..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,599    Replies: 17
"well today got me thinking about life n stuff, while times are hard and times are good some things can just get you down.i remembered what date it was today and it made me sad, well 2 m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,273    Replies: 8
"Ive got a presentation to finish about my final year dissertation and im really stressed about it. I can't seem to get my head round it. I have my question sorted, but because im so wor..."
HOP Newsletter