Beginners Weaves, Forward Weave (3 beats)

• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Poi

Forward Weave (3 beats)   Next Page  >

Other Media Files:
Forward Weave Views:46522 Uploaded by HOP

Start learning this by starting with only one Poi. Hold the empty arm out in front of you.
Start swinging the Poi in a forward rotation. Then swing the Poi across your body and over your other arm for one rotation.
Then another rotation, spinning the Poi still crossing your body but this time swing under the other arm
Then swing the Poi uncrossing the body out to it's original side.
This is a three beat move. Swing one rotation "Over", "Under" then "Out", "Over", "Under", "Out" ..etc over and over again.
Practice this move with both your left hand and right hand.
When you feel comfortable with this. Pick up both Poi and begin swinging them staggered (180deg) in the forward swing.
Then swing left Poi "left over" the right arm crossing the body
The very next beat swing the left Poi "left under" the right arm and at the same time begin swinging the right Poi "right over" the left Poi crossing the body.
Next beat swing left Poi "left out" as the right Poi stays crossing the body and swings under "right under" the left
Continue doing "Over", "Under" then "Out" with both arms. Remember one arm is one beat behind the other.

Keywords: The Chase

"Forward Weave (3 beats)" was first uploaded by HOP and has been viewed 303021 times.Video Download

Comments

Login or Register to post comments
Comments/replies: 15
jenjenkiwi
Member #86196
Reged: Jan 2009
14th Jan 2009 7:03 PM

This is really difficult with two on the go, does anyone have any tips?

Salxtai
Member #85859
Reged: Jan 2009
18th Jan 2009 8:06 PM

Written by :jenjenkiwi

This is really difficult with two on the go, does anyone have any tips?

Try shortening your poi and going through the movements of the over-under-out, gradually releasing the length a little.
It does take time for you brain to learn to coordinate it
- its also true that its harder if you overanalyse, so try and just let it go.
If you've ever done any kind of staff work, you'll probably find this easier also. =)

Kihitara
Member #86952
Reged: Feb 2009
7th Feb 2009 8:51 PM

Yeah baby. Took me a whole afternoon, and I had to look up a very helpful video on YouTube to really get it, but I can do this now!

------------------------------
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

laura_done
Member #97231
Reged: Aug 2009
10th Sep 2009 7:32 AM

Isn't that (the video posted by Derek_Faughn) the 2 Beat Weave????white

BrandyFlask
Member #105792
Reged: Feb 2010
7th Feb 2010 4:07 PM

The way I see it, it's like scooping ice cream and you're just cris-crossing your arms to get it =)

K_Nall
Member #109429
Reged: Apr 2010
3rd May 2010 5:55 AM

THANK YOU! I've been trying to get this for days, and I just couldn't seem to get it. Even with the video that someone posted above (I tend to turn to that guy's vids to learn, but I just couldn't get this one from that vid). For some reason your video just made it click finally. Thank you!

PeterPan27
Member #126456
Reged: Feb 2011
9th Feb 2011 1:58 AM

I was trying and trying and trying and i could never keep up with it in my head... but i just keep practicing one hand at a time and when i wos doing both hands it wasnt working over and over and then BAM it just started flowing. I have no idea how it happened but I can do it now and its prolly the best thing i do so far =)
------------------------------
By the light of the moon

Ash3s
Member #126788
Reged: Feb 2011
25th Feb 2011 10:06 PM

He makes it look so easy, but it really just isn't when you're learning it frown

I'm struggling with this one.

smw279
Member #128427
Reged: Mar 2011
23rd Mar 2011 10:38 AM

the video from youtube was really a lot more helpful! Not that the originial one wasn't, but the youtube one really showed me how the beats were supposed to go.

Nightphoenix85
Member #69534
Reged: Mar 2008
25th Mar 2011 7:01 AM

really struggling with this and its really beginning to frustrate me.
------------------------------
Man's heart away from nature becomes hard.

sunsetgirl
Member #128199
Reged: Mar 2011
12th May 2011 9:01 AM

To all the people struggling, just keep practicing one hand at a time. You might think you have it, and you most likely do, but just keep practicing with one hand. When you keep practicing your brain and body will remember the movement. After you've practiced both hands for a good 5 or 10 minutes, try both. It should flow naturally. If not, then keep practicing with one hand, and have your other poi kind of hang there. Then try moving it along with the other one. As mentioned before, start slow, then gradually increase the speed of the other poi that was originally hanging. Hope my advice helped.

alexgallien
Member #132135
Reged: May 2011
20th Jun 2011 8:18 AM

Finally smile For some reason I have a hard time starting from split time but can get it going from a normal forward swing, anyone else experience that?

sunsetgirl has the right idea, breaking it down helps so much.

TJ_NJ
Member #135644
Reged: Jul 2011
19th Jul 2011 4:23 PM

Just wanted to say, im kinda new to poi have been spining glowsticks for a bit, but just basic weave mostly. watch this video today and am already really starting to grast the forward three beat weave, I must say I spent a good half hour getting the motions down, but every time I try I get a little better. Thanks for all the videos!

stardustjunkie
Member #140379
Reged: Oct 2011
11th Oct 2011 12:14 AM

I finally picked this up! Been practicing for a few days now. I just couldn't get the coordination right.

Thank you for posting the second video, between the two videos it made it so simple and now it comes so naturally (although I have to think about how to start it haha).

ashnichx3
Member #141912
Reged: Nov 2011
13th Nov 2011 9:43 AM

Throughout a weave, how are you suppose to position your wrists? I attempt to execute a 3 beat or 2 beat weave, and once i try to bring back the left over right the poi hit each other.

Comments/replies: 15

Similar Topics

Using the keywords [forward weave 3 beat*] we found the following similar topics.
1. Learn > POI > Beginners Weaves > Reverse Behind the back Weave (3 beats BTB) *help/resource while still going mostly straight forward and back    the logical next step...
2. Learn > Meteor > Weaves > Forward 3 Beat Weave *help/resource
3. Learn > POI > Inversions > 3 Beat Weave Forward *help/resource
4. Learn > Staff > Double Staff > Isolated 3 Beat Weave *help/resource explaining the isolated 3 beat weave  which is as close as it gets to...
5. Learn > POI > Advanced Weaves > Weave (5 Beats) Behind the back *help/resource btb weave  5beat btb weave  behind the back five beat weave   ...

Show more..