Beginners part 2, 4 Beat Corkscrew and 4 Beat Windmill

Poi - 4 Beat Corkscrew and 4 Beat Windmill

63,071 views   Video Download

Derek_Faughn
DIAMOND Member since May 2008
  Published on 14 Apr, 2009

Next Lesson

Comments

Login or Register to post comments
Comments/replies: 13
gucky25
Member #58486
Reged: Aug 2007
Post23rd Jun 2009 3:51 AM

Isn't it actually a 3 beat Corkscrew and 3 beat Windmill if you count the beats like you do for the 3 beat Weave???

Also explained here http://www.homeofpoi.com/articles/beats.php

Carson W.
Member #93853
Reged: Jun 2009
Post24th Jun 2009 3:25 AM

Hey, what's that move that your doing in between when your actually teaching. Like from 0:05 to 0:15 your just fiddling around and it looks like the Poi wrap around each other.

It looks really cool.

blackdragon328
Member #55551
Reged: Jul 2007
Post19th Jul 2009 3:01 AM

nice tutorial. the move itself wasn't too hard to learn but the step by step instructions saved me considerable time (and bruises), and I would not have thought to add another beat to a windmill.

Carson, the move Derek is playing with in between teaching is a tangle.

Rives
Member #92884
Reged: Jun 2009
Post1st Aug 2009 4:51 PM

i thought it was worth mentioning, what really helped me get these smooth was to think about them the same way I do my 5 beats. if you let your hands wrap around each other in the same motion these come out alot cleaner.
theres a tutorial for the move he is doing, its under wraps and isolations, look for "inplane airwraps" theres also a variations video.

i hope this helps, great tutorial btw.

MisTeRSkiTTleZ
Member #98865
Reged: Sep 2009
Post29th Sep 2009 6:41 AM

your leasons are very helpful wish i had a cam so i could see if i'm doing this right

Ninla
Member #101557
Reged: Nov 2009
Post5th Jan 2010 5:18 AM

Is he doing 4 beat corkscrew from reverse corkscrew?
Or am I doing it in reverse? I just spin my pois in front of me clock-wise and then do the windmill. But I can only do what he is teaching from reverse corkscrew...

FredricCarlsword
Member #107728
Reged: Mar 2010
Post19th Apr 2010 4:05 AM

Hi! I have ben watching these tutorial for a wile now. Im a total beginner in Poi and because of the films her on HOP I have learn a lot of moves! It's awesome

Laasya
Member #111319
Reged: May 2010
Post21st Jul 2010 1:45 PM

No, it's 4 beats. You do two full rotations (or circles, w/e) with the Poi by your knees, and then two more full rotations with the Poi over your head. Or if you're looking at the windmill, it's two full rotations in front, then two more in back.
------------------------------
Impermanent are all created things;
Strive on with awareness.

- Buddha

Sagoro
Member #125156
Reged: Jan 2011
Post9th Jan 2011 8:48 AM

Gaaah, my arms.... I easily get the 4 beat corkscrew and I know how to do the 4 beat windmill. But my 4b windmill REALLY wants to become horizontal while I do the hand switch thing behind my head. Now my arms are to tired to practise more tonight. cry
------------------------------
I'm a majorette/baton twirler who just started to learn Poi.

grilledburger
Member #140513
Reged: Oct 2011
Post23rd Oct 2011 1:37 AM

noob question...erm what exactly determine beats??? is it like the more beats, the more complicated the move is or someting????

Serenova
Member #80429
Reged: Sep 2008
Post15th Mar 2012 6:38 AM

Got it... finally, but it's going to take a lot more practice to really get it... I keep whacking myself. Thank goodness I have soft fluffy Poi so I'm not going to be bruised (hopefully :P)

westop4no1
Member #191018
Reged: Apr 2014
Post29th Apr 2014 2:38 AM

its a air wrap

Emma Lee
Member #200541
Reged: Sep 2014
Post26th Oct 2014 3:34 PM

So lost- I mastered the corkscrew as my first learned move, but this just has me lost in practice.

Comments/replies: 13

Products

HOP Newsletter
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more...