Forums > Introductions > Looking for support to spread poi in my community

Login/Join to Participate

JasonSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Poi has changed my life and i take every chance to share poi as a blessing. Since the beginning of my journey, ihave been struggling and juggling to find and share with other flow artist. Anyone else willing to volunteer, even an idea. Would benefit. Our community greatly im only a snowflake but together we can become a snow man

angelaread79Member
2 posts

Posted:
Hey Jason. Where about do you live? I am new to Poi and wow I love it!

I'm in Reading and I work in London

cwolanski46BRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
Deep down Ive always wanted to like run down the middle of the st bursting with HEY OMG DO THIS TRY THIS!!
Its been 5yrs and still no spin buddy.
Idea is make and sell poi, carry extra set everywhere, go to dance schools, Yell poi Loud and Proud. Someone will hear you.

cwolanski46BRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
If you want other flow artists festivals be the place they are at. Also a random idea. Just invite one to your hometown to live. Some are Flow Bo's lookin for bros. Ive thought like darn I want a gf spinner we'd spin canoodle and doodle life's canvas. I oughta just get a mail order flow bride.

jamesm.wpgMember
12 posts

Posted:
Schools might be a good place start, especially dance schools.

electrorainbow144Member
2 posts

Posted:
Hey Jason, just want to say hello, so glad you've discovered Poi. I've just rediscovered it. Actually I've had a new set of knitted Poi sitting on my top book shel for a few months and not touched them. But I've just rededicated myself to advancing my self to my highest potential. Hurrah for the magic of poi!!!!

Nathan NobleBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
I started going to Drum circles, street fairs and a yoga studio that hosts free music events and spinning. Quickly became known as "The jugglers/spinner guy" and after a short bit, Other flowies found me! If there's no local scene that means you get to be one of the originators! The forefather of flow as it were

Spin, burn, glow and flow