Forums > Introductions > Hello Home of Poi ~ Loves and smiles from someone just starting their poi adventure ^_^

Login/Join to Participate

hyprshkkBeginner, but learning a lot!
3 posts

Posted:
Hello Everyone! I've just wandered into the exciting world of poi, and here is my introduction spiel :3

Name: Lara

Hometown: Bradford

Birthday (sign?): 15/04/93 ~ Aries

Sex: Girlie

Occupation(s): I'm anArt student at present. Just finished second year of uni, but who knows how long I'll stay in education...

Favorite Food(s): Fajitas, mint choc chip icecream

Favorite Color(s): purple, blue, green, silver

What is the wing speed of an unladen swallow? @_@

Toys: I've got some LED poi and some lovely stripy socks. ha.

Hobbies other than the obvious: Painting, reading, dancing, smiling at strangers

Education: I'm currently doing a BA in Contemporary Art, might go on to do an MA but I'm not sure.

Favorite Book(s): Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan. Neuromancer by William Gibson. A Scanner Darkly by Philip K Dick Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Favorite Movie(s): Beetlejuice, Drop Dead Fred, Addams Family Values, Enter The Void, Delecatessen, seriously movies are my life I love them all.

Godzilla vs. a Star Wars Star Destroyer. Who wins? Why? I prefer Star Trek.

Favorite TV show(s): Dog The Bounty Hunter, Come Dine With Me, South Park, Simpsons, Adventure Time

Plans for life in general: (i.e. what you want to do when you grow up) Art peep! I'll probably end up in a gallery, and just living and breathing art

Favorite Music Artists/Composers: The Orb, Proem, Autechre, The Flashbulb, Jet Age of Tomorrow. I like deep house and futuristic sounds

Do you think these pants make my butt look too big? I love a big bum.

Favorie ice cream flavor(s): mint choc chip

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella?* nutella, ofc

tracethefaceBRONZE Member
angry turtle
101 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP! Nice book and ice cream choices, by the way, though I haven't read Altered Carbon--sounds like I should.

Anyway, enjoy the site! Looking forward to seeing you on the forum.

Fluidity.

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP! I'll see you around the forums.

I'd rather die on paws, than live on feet.

3 posts

Posted:
Altered Carbon is amazing.
Robots, clones, detectives, violence, sex, corruption.
What else do ya need.

tracethefaceBRONZE Member
angry turtle
101 posts

Posted:
All valid points. I'll get myself a copy.

Fluidity.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
welcome to the forums! please don't mind the crazy bounce2 insanity bounce2crazy and have some free popcorn! and happy spinning beerchug grouphug

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

3 posts

Posted:
^_^ yay!
The learn section is helping me so much, I went out raving last weekend and there were so many experienced spinners that I felt really inferior with my beginner moves so I got shy and didn't do as much as I wanted. frown
I'm struggling with reverse moves, and ones where you go from infront of your body and behind, and ones over your head.
I'm trying to watch videos where the moves are really deconstructed and almost like "put your left arm here, and your right here" ha.
but I;m not gonna give up!