Forums > Social Chat > why can i only get the first page of topics on my ipad

Login/Join to Participate

bodhisattva
SILVER Member since Jun 2008

my body is a tattooed temple

Total posts: 366
Posted:i can't get any topic pages other than page 1 on my ipad . please help

when the body is happy the mind smiles

to live a single day and hear a good teaching is better than to live a hundred without hearing such teaching

and everything is measured by the hole it leaves behind

Delete Topic

Such
GOLD Member since Sep 2008

Such

Rancor

Total posts: 253
Posted:Because this site seems to have been designed and written ages ago and is in dire need of a revamp.

Human

Delete

Such

Such

Rancor

Posted:To expand upon that, loading up the general forum on my ipad seems to list all of the topics unpaginated, eliminating the need for pagination. The fact that the pagination list is an embedded table nested about three deep is a sure sign that this site was build when tables were used for layouts in the old days of the web. Really they should be list items li.pager {display: inline-block}. What is interesting is the logic behind determining the user agent in the controller or whatever this site uses, and rendering the pagination off of that. Odd approach in my opinion, but it does work, and you don't seem to be missing out.

Human

Delete

Such

Such

Rancor

Posted:On another note, clicking the pagination buttons apparently does nothing in the overview of a forum. So you're not missing out there either.

Human

Delete