• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Technical Discussion > Chain Only Lengths (All chime in)

Login/Join to Participate

Didgeridude
GOLD Member since Jun 2007

Didgeridude

Object Manipulationist, Chain Maille Artisan, Didgeridoo Performer and Teacher

Total posts: 37
Posted:i know there has been a few posts with similar titles (albeit nothing in the last few years anyway) but heres what im trying to compile.
I am trying to make a localized (relatively recent) pseudo-database of chain lengths from all kinds of spinners from all sizes.
*Only Chain Lengths* (Not heads, componentry (swivels etc) or handles)
I am just curious as to how wide the bases are for my own custom chain production and what lengths are most popular at this current time.

I do not have a Soul, . . . I AM a Soul.
I Have a body.

Delete Topic

SpinnerofDetroit
GOLD Member since Oct 2009

SpinnerofDetroit

All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want

Total posts: 2280
Posted:I always use 1.5ft per pair I make. I use 1.5ft myself. But most people are at least a lil longer than a foot so it's a good amount for me. I just order 3ft and cut it in half.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Delete

Smurf24029
GOLD Member since Sep 2009

Smurf24029

Poi Master Smurf

Total posts: 343
Posted:It depends on the kind of poi head I am using. Sense my flowlights are longer then say my cathedral fire head I have a little less cord. From crystal case to handle swivel its only 10" an for my fire poi its only 12" of chain but then a swivel and quicklink at the bottom making it 14" between my poi head and handle swivel. I like to spin really short in comparison to everyone else.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Delete

Sister Eleven
GOLD Member since Aug 2009

Sister Eleven

owner of the group property

Total posts: 1277
Posted:My fire chains are usually only about 12" long since I use the style of handle that has about 5" of fabric/cord coming from a ball grip before my first swivel. The remainder of my poi's 2' length comes from the swivels, splitrings, and monkey fist head.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Delete