Forums > Advanced Poi Moves > What are you working on now?

Login/Join to Participate

AllToreUpSILVER Member
the large print giveth, and the small print taketh away...
19 posts

Posted:
A similar thread is running in the Beginner's Forum, thought it'd be just as useful here. Post what you're working on, and what issues you're having. Thanks to S. Eleven for suggesting it crazy

Currently working on butterfly CAPs and cleaning up those Antispin Wallplane Flowers. I think the CAPs are just one of those things that need to be drilled til they 'click', but any tips would be great!

pee ess. Also need something new to sink my teeth into, any ideas?

I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Quoth myself:

Quote:This Week, on Sister Eleven: Attorney at Murder--

Working on meltdown/cosmos. Just got it briefly this morning for the first time. Whatever hand is swinging out from my body (i.e. my left hand if I'm spinning anticlockwise in the wall plane) has a hard time making it around without hitting my leg. I figured out how to fix it when practicing with just that hand, but I need to not let it happen when using both hands. I found the rocking motion, which I'd previously not much noted in the videos, helps a lot to keep up momentum and keep plane control.

I'm also working on antispin flowers. My brain flips out on these and keeps struggling to do in-spin. I know the motor control is there in potential, because I can do goofy butterfly flowers with either hand doing the antispin in either direction. I'm approaching it the same way I approached butterfly windmills: holding each position for a few beats, moving to the next one, gradually trying to whittle down the number of beats between the movements. The primary way they fail is my left hand freaks and flips the plane over (so I end up with different direction poi in a chase flower, and same direction poi in a butterfly flower).
I promise this is the only time I'll duplicate an entire post like this. This is just to attract reply traffic to this thread... or something.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
To be honest, there is a lot of overlap between the two fora as is. Also, a lot of stuff that was considered advanced no longer is.

I do not really see this as adding much. If people use it, great. I tend to use both fora indescriminately though. tongue2

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Yeh, my original comment came more from "so... I hope this isn't alienating newer spinners" than feeling a need for a new thread. Either way, I'm going wherever the comments are tongue2

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
I know CAPs will blow out my shoulders at some point. I'm working on filling all the gaps. Learning everything the second time is the best experience.

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
Over the weekend met a techy poi spinner and decided it was high time I need to jump on the band wagon. Aside from making my transitions and flow really super smooth, I haven't really learnt a new move in... gosh, 2 or 3 years?

Don't mind me, just passing through.