Forums > Social Chat > OLD HOP HEADS V.S NEW HOP HEADS

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
this is where the old heads come to laugh about the move/moves they had trouble with as a newbie. just thought the subject was perfect remember the FIRE VS glowsticks threads. LMAO... anyway, I remember bashing the shyt out of my shins and my head with a BTB weave. I remember only being able to do the butterfly for a few beats, I remember thinking WHAT DO YOU MEAN IM ONLY DOING A 4 BEAT WINDMILL, WHY IS IT ONLY 4 BEATS WHEN IM DOING THE EXSACT SAME THING I DO WHEN I DO A 5 BEAT WEAVE. lol ahhh the memories. Im constantly refering people to this site, perfect for poi. well anyway its been nice remembering the past...anyone else got anyhting to add?

-Myst

All you new heads got it easy, i remember when a BTB 5 beat was unheard of, now that most of us can do it, all the old heads learn it alot quicker without the mind barrior.

now advice for a newbie section:

dont try to learn all the technical moves before you learn the basics, cause lets face it, you aint getting any respect if all you can do is a 5 beat weave and you cant even imagine doing a simple butterfly. thats all i gotta say

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: fnf

(multiway fairy wink )

ubblol

Plus ubblol ubblol ubblol @ vixen saying bluecat is a legend.

With regards to Will. I'm still cross with Stroo for giving him my email address after Sheffield PiP. Not had a days peace since...
wink

psst - Love ya really Wilbur hug

And superman dude stop sniffing the kero. It's not good for ya tongue

Meh

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
Another newbie checking in, wish I knew the names of the patterns I spin, been doing it for years, just never learned what I was doing. If one of you Old Hats wants to lend a hand in teaching yet another newbie give a holler.... Peace

Everything meets in the center...

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Wow how you've grown!!! I was reading over my old posts, damn talk about nastalgia. im glad i have a place to come get dates on the first time i twirled fire, my views and opinions, and all together who i was years ago. old vs new...nah, old MEETS new maybe. this sites come a long way, the layout, the people, everything. to tell you the truth though...i miss being able to post something and come back later and not have to search for it through the tons of other threads. haha heres to being selfish i guess. dont you people know the world revolves around ME!!! any way peoples...much love be safe. needed to pee on this thread to claim ownership real quick.

-Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

alicewonderlandBRONZE Member
Born on a green light daddy-o!!!
126 posts

Posted:
hello, this is such a warm lovey thread hug I'm still pretty new been spinning glow strings for about 4 years and pretty new to poi, I feel absolutely honored to be able to converse and get tips from some of the best out there. Everyone on here is always so wonderfully uplifting when you need it, comical when you need it, and non stop amusing!!! I only wish that I would be able to spin with some of you one day biggrin! Thanks to all the oldies and newbies. And Myst you are so right I never thought about being able to come back through and check dates of when I first started to spin or get a new move, that too is awesome:) Thanks to all much love, alice

When you're already walking on thin ice...why not dance?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Myst

to tell you the truth though...i miss being able to post something and come back later and not have to search for it through the tons of other threads. haha heres to being selfish i guess.

hey lookit Myst is still alive tongue biggrin bounce

You think you've got it tough. Try searching through my posts sometime wink

Meh

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Isn't it amusing how this board goes round and round in circles.

smile

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
what ...like poi? biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Can't we all just get along...?

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
holding hands is only fun for a while...it's not long before you get the urge to set something on fire and watch it burn...

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Page: ...