Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Nott another Juggling convention 2008 March 1

Login/Join to Participate

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Nothing at all to do with me. Just thought it looked like fun.

Webthingy

From the team that brought you BJC2007

we give you "oh no! nott another juggling convention". Nottingham's highly acclaimed one day juggling convention.

Following on from the successful format of the two previous NAJCs we are presenting another event that is one NOTT to miss.

We have a great timetable for you with plenty of workshops “watch this space!”

A great show including our very own home grown talent and headline acts from far and wide. See our show page for more information.

And to top it off we have on-site catering and the use of the Bar :-)

So please remember to make a note in your diaries to save March 1st 2008 for Nottingham’s third one dayer:

Music mixed with juggling, crazy combined with cool, intricate clockwork

manipulation seamlessly linked with unrestrained improvisation! You wont

want to miss this once in a lifetime show featuring the big biceped curly

hair genius that is Peter Aberg (Sweden) and the obsessed whippersnapper

who calls himself Wes Peden (USA). For the safety of the audience these two

jugglers have never done a show together but this year at the NJC the red

tape is being cut and an uncontrolled choreographed hurricane of

inconceivable juggling will go public!

“oh no! nott another juggling convention”

See you there!

EDITED_BY: Gnor (1204028725)

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I shall be there on Saturday smile

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pink...?

I shall be there on Saturday smile

your doing the mission up north again biggrin

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
It'd be very silly if i wasn't there! biggrin must get practice staff fixed....

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I wish I could be there,especially for the fundango day. It's so much fun! Sadly no cash and no transport frown

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Coleman and I will be going on Saturday smile

Skully you'll be missed:(
Everyone else will be hugged hug

Me
x

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
Hi guys, I'm travelling from London but would rather share a lift than get a train - anyone get space for me - I'll share fuel price!
cheers
Loz x

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
wow, old schoolers in the mix!

I'll be there too, should be a good un!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Axenewbie
28 posts

Posted:
Would be a bit ridiculous for me not to be there, seeing as I live a whole 15mins walk from the place....

See you all there!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Can anyone give me a lift please? xxx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ignore that post ^^ I'm sorted hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i had a lovely time, thank you hug

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Was amazing!! Had great hoop workshop and the show was brilliant...even if some people didn't watch the last half (which had a line up including Wes Peden do a half hour act!)

Most importantly... was fantastic to see lovely people again biggrin hug2

Oh and dance with Jo bounce

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Alice, we danced amazingly baby ubblove

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Great convention!

Slightly wrecked the next day due to not quite all night shenanigans at peachi's house. Is there a man more devoted to the party convention than peachi?
I don't think i've been to a nott a convention before, only to a fundango before... So was a good first nott convention.

Bane/bad:
lack of sleep. Getting up at 5am to get there the first day... then the second day getting up at anytime was a bad idea.
Constantly squirming to be able to see the show, then for the second half, constantly squirming to make my position less uncomfortable.
People walking behind me or snakeboarding close by. I need some cone markers or something, cos looking out for people is really irritating when you're trying to learn something hard. Not small children were hurt in previous bane, and only one juggler was hit.
Do not like getting dragged out to do silly contact staff game. tongue And silly relay game.
Must frigging practise club balancing more... I can sit down, but I never get to that part of the game! ARGH!
Not having enough time to play carcassonne, thou with the dumbass fantasy pieces they were using, don't know if I'd have wanted to.

Good/high things:
I liked the t-shirts... bright pink and textured like one of those tough DVD's. Slight reuse of a certain bjc logo too...
The Pedenator and his show with Peta Oh-Berry. (If that's the correct pronouciation.) I mean, the Pedenator, full stop.
Rob and his exceptionally silly and cool new poi tricks. Yowsa!
Jeanine and her super skillz... plus seeing her do some two ball stuff... double Yowsa!
Ed and his super skillz. Shame he had to leave so early.
Learninf from Tom Derrick and his supa skillz. Club balance madness and some ace ball on ball balance stuff.
Catching up with bams and cole and seeing cole drunk for the first time, very very very funny. A funny cute drunk.
Peachi's cats. Coleman and peachi's cats.
The show. Getting to think about how I would make a new routine while watching the show, and then just not thinking at all during wes and peter's show.
Vux and his insane diabolo stuff. Can't wait to tease duncan about it tonight at juggling.
Silvia... have so many people ogled at such intense controlled torso wiggling before? Probably, but this time I also got to.
Apex, suddenly super solid compared to when I saw the first time they did this act. Even the feet under the pulled down skirt moement...
Many girls juggling at this convention, which was nice.
Good to see Rob's doubles routine getting a good reception at this juggling convention. 'Timeless' = Great pun!
Local boy Collins really wide and clean seven ball pattern on the second day. V-beautiful.
Mini saying he liked being mentioned in my HLGBC from the SJC.... biggrin
Seeing Laura again... and on rollerskates...
Seeing Gracie doing feicha... thou I think she was perhaps slightly intoxicated.
Getting some decent practise in and some good chat with friends too.
The train home being easy, and getting some sleep on it.

Talking to tom derrick made me realise that catching the bad end of a high vertical throw of my staff on the head would probably fracture my skull or worse. Might have to be more careful with 'the punisher'.

Crush:
Jeanine and Rob for their energy.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mwaaaaaaaaaargh!

(thanks mop)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Well, I was pretty tired after the train journey down, but a few insane poi tricks demoed later I was happily lost in learning...

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
generalstuff:

thanks to the Nott crew. you guys rock :o)
thanks for all the nice comments about the act :o) the growing panic in my belly as noone made a sound during my act was really quite scary... (fortunately swiftly dispelled)
on crampedness: that's why everyone who wants space should stay for day 2.
on heckling: soundman heckling makes me laugh, a lot - professionalism has its place, and it is not necessarily at a juggling convention between friends :o) and yes, i missed meg tongue

Highs

Hanging out with the following: peter, meg, ed, teamrandall, peachi and cindy and all of the nott a juggling group, norbi, sylvia, jeanine, colebam, and many, many others. the list is too long.
Finishing the routine. *phew*
going bowling on friday, going to see notts forest at the footie on monday. best heckle ever ubblol but waaaaaaay to rude to reproduce here.
passing with ross - sorry i was crap....

Lows
er. if games weren't actually frivolous i'd put my abysmal performances in here....

goals
hopefully do a staff routine that jugglers like - check *grin*
work on my ronopoi - semi check (had a great but short session, then nothing worked after that....)
accidental goal
didn't intend to work on my clubs, but i got a couple of nice 5 club runs (40+) and backcross runs (20+). liking the new px3s

bane
was there one? maybe the chronic tiredness.....

crush:
got a few from this one :o)
peachi (looking after me so well), cindy (being ace), sylvia (hoops and hugs), ed (for falling in love), peter(just great), coleman (soooo drunk!), madmartin(naking me realise even more that cities do not rock, and for the best compere 1 word i have had biggrin ), jeanine (constant inspiration.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Indeedly, twas much fun.

Firstly, many cheers and hugs to Kev for driving us up there and back.

Loved the rollerdisco :o) And the Backgammon tournaments. And the hammocks and student food and Monday morning carve-up. Oh yeah, and the tricks weren't bad either. ubbidea wink

Cheers Peachi and Cindy for taking so many of us juggly scamps into your abode. ubbrollsmile Sleeping arrangements was rather like a game of human tentris on 3 levels. Chris and I ended up sleeping underneath a bed with heads and shoulders sticking out one side. ubblol Mind you, hours earlier, we'd shoved a few chairs together downstairs in the university and kipped under a fluro light. Wonders!

Yay for everyone who strutted their stuff in the show.

"Be the Bunny"