Forums > Introductions > Me (mike), a little about me.

Login/Join to Participate

Hypnosnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Name: Mike

DOB: 30/12/1986

Sex: Male

Occupation(s): Im a student, currently studying computer science but its really not my thing, looking for a change but not sure in which direction.

Favorite Color(s): Those crazy colours(colors) I see with my friend cid. Other than that im going with red (for fire).

Toys: Still new to this really, have had a little experience with pois, would love to get into some firestick. My sister was really into her pois from a young age but It hasnt really taken my interest until earlier in the year. I would be keen to give anything and everything a good go.

Hobbies other than the obvious: Going to gigs. I will be at PHAT this year for all those in new zealand. Used to be quite into my video gaming but not so much now.

Education: Still working on it.

Favorite Book(s): It would be too painful to tell.

Favorite Movie(s): Going to have to be the plural for this. I love anchorman (I cried (through laughter) my way through that entire movie first time I watched it). Human traffic. Sin City. So many more I wont bother naming.

Favorite TV show(s): Dont watch a lot of TV. But scrubs is hilarious.

Plans for life in general: Long term plans - I'm one of those undecided people. I guess I will have to do some serious thinking on the matter and figure out what kind of degree I want to do. Short term plans - Get through the year, go to lots of gigs, meet heaps of people, just enjoy myself while I can.

Favorite Music Artists/Composers: Really into my drumb & bass. New zealand dub music. Favourite arstist would most definately be shapeshifter. Honorable mention to Andy C, Pendulum, Salmonella dub, and the list could go on forever.

Favorie ice cream flavor(s): Cookies and cream, is there anything else?

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella? Marmite is where its at, ive been hooked on the stuff since I was a kiddo. I am perfectly willing to fight to the death over this matter.

I wanst going to use your newbie format to introduce myself but it seemed like something most others have done, and hey it even saved me a bit of time.

I found out about home of poi through a mate who ordered a pair of the single LED pois from here a few months ago. Dont think he uses the forums so I will be unknown for most (if not all) of you.

That should be most of the questions covered (with a few providing some elaboration), nice to meet you all. Hope to get a bit closer and find out a bit about the rest of you smile

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hi there Mike! Welcome to HoP!

Computer science hey? That sounds um....riveting! smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Hypnosnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the welcome. Its really not at all. Lines and lines of code is hardly fun at all. Hence the decision for a change in direction.

Love your sig by the way. For such a simple statement its amazing how frequently that type of thing can be overlooked.
EDITED_BY: Hypnos (1188627349)

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Yeah, can't say it would be my cup of tea!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
ubblol you know cid too? cid's wicked wink

welcome to HoP mike biggrin

salmonela dub are wicked, newgabe introduced me to their stuff last year but it's hard to find anything by them in the uk

Hypnosnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
There should be a sal dub webstore up soonish. They will ship internationally im sure. I will give you a yell when I find out more about it.