Forums > Social Chat > I did it, it took just a year

Login/Join to Participate

faith enfire
BRONZE Member since Jan 2006

faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI

Total posts: 3556
Posted:ok, I'm doing what everyone does and everyone hates that they do, but I couldn't find a good thread to bump-if a mod wants to put me in the appropriate one, that'd be fine

I FINALLY DID FIRE

it just took a year and a half

scrappy de cooke lives near me, and he and his friends are performers and they had some fire poi that I could borrow...
his friend did numchucks (fire) and they wanted me to see what they were working with and then scrappy asked me if I wanted to try. It was just a few minutes but I did it. finally.

he had some regular ones. And I didn't do anything fancy, weaves butterflies corkscrews reels. Then, he had this cool one that had three prongs (shaped sorta like this: _I_ ) on cable, it made really big flames and was really loud and I can't wait cause he is making another (I have to work out though because it's really heavy)

and I'm babbling and not breathing, so I'm gonna go now and take some deep breaths

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete Topic

Fire_Moose
SILVER Member since May 2007

Fire_Moose

Elusive and Bearded

Total posts: 3597
Posted:Gratz, i cant wait til i get some flames on my staff.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Delete

Wooktastic
BRONZE Member since Jan 2007

Wooktastic

the kicker of elves

Total posts: 371
Posted:Well done! First spin is always one of the most fun. I remember my first spin with my staff, rather idiotically it was my first spin lit or unlit. We won't go into that . . .

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

Delete

faith enfire

faith enfire

Posted:still really excited...can't wait to do it again. it's nice cause scrappy's friend lives right by me

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

SunnySammy
SILVER Member since Aug 2005

SunnySammy

Watching the Sky

Total posts: 453
Posted:it took me just over a year aswell so i say that it can never take too long! smile

sunny
I jumped into the river, what did i see?
Black-eyed angels swam with me. wink

Delete

scrappydecooke
BRONZE Member since Apr 2007

Scrap-n-Wolf Fire/Comedy Show

Total posts: 4
Posted:Yeah, Yeah, I am very glad you decided to try them out and to have met you, Its just the beginning....see you this week I hope

Scrap-n-Wolf Fire/Comedy Show

scrap-n-wolf.blogspot.com

Delete

Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:It didn't take me that long to spin fire for the first time.

But it has taken me that long to burn my own fire poi *looks at the still-virgin wicks that are a year old*

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

DarkFyre
BRONZE Member since Nov 2005

DarkFyre

HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs

Total posts: 1965
Posted:i was playing with fire before i was spinning poi so it wasn't long between me learning to spin and firespinning even tho all i could do at the time was a butterfly and a Fig8

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Delete

faith enfire

faith enfire

Posted:once i get the hang of the btb weave, otherwise I think i practiced enough with the other ones...I didn't have my hair covered so I was nervouse about the bth moves

Faith

Delete