Forums > Social Chat > I did it, it took just a year

Login/Join to Participate

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
ok, I'm doing what everyone does and everyone hates that they do, but I couldn't find a good thread to bump-if a mod wants to put me in the appropriate one, that'd be fine

I FINALLY DID FIRE

it just took a year and a half

scrappy de cooke lives near me, and he and his friends are performers and they had some fire poi that I could borrow...
his friend did numchucks (fire) and they wanted me to see what they were working with and then scrappy asked me if I wanted to try. It was just a few minutes but I did it. finally.

he had some regular ones. And I didn't do anything fancy, weaves butterflies corkscrews reels. Then, he had this cool one that had three prongs (shaped sorta like this: _I_ ) on cable, it made really big flames and was really loud and I can't wait cause he is making another (I have to work out though because it's really heavy)

and I'm babbling and not breathing, so I'm gonna go now and take some deep breaths

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Gratz, i cant wait til i get some flames on my staff.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
Well done! First spin is always one of the most fun. I remember my first spin with my staff, rather idiotically it was my first spin lit or unlit. We won't go into that . . .

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

3,556 posts

Posted:
still really excited...can't wait to do it again. it's nice cause scrappy's friend lives right by me

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
it took me just over a year aswell so i say that it can never take too long! smile

sunny
I jumped into the river, what did i see?
Black-eyed angels swam with me. wink

scrappydecookeBRONZE Member
Scrap-n-Wolf Fire/Comedy Show
4 posts

Posted:
Yeah, Yeah, I am very glad you decided to try them out and to have met you, Its just the beginning....see you this week I hope

Scrap-n-Wolf Fire/Comedy Show

scrap-n-wolf.blogspot.com

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
It didn't take me that long to spin fire for the first time.

But it has taken me that long to burn my own fire poi *looks at the still-virgin wicks that are a year old*

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
i was playing with fire before i was spinning poi so it wasn't long between me learning to spin and firespinning even tho all i could do at the time was a butterfly and a Fig8

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

3,556 posts

Posted:
once i get the hang of the btb weave, otherwise I think i practiced enough with the other ones...I didn't have my hair covered so I was nervouse about the bth moves

Faith