Forums > Social Chat > can i take small ammouts of semtex on planes???

Login/Join to Participate

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
discuss??? ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Only if I could take a BIG broadsword on board so that it can be easily seen and not hidden away....

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Only in the USA

ubblol

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
you could try smuggling it in your shoes...

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Great ideae dentrassi

ubblol

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dentrassi

you could try smuggling it in your shoes...

i was thinking about swallowing pellets...........most mules get through wit 18 packets..........50LBs shou;d be no problem biggrin

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
*THIS IS THE FBI, YOU ARE BEING MONITORED*

OK, joke, but in all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me if they were. Discussing getting semtex on a plane might attract some attention. Or am I paranoid? eek

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
while on my last trip to america, about half way through the plane journey i open up my bag to get out a deck of cards and realise i've brought a big ass packet of flash paper and an igniter with me. i was somewhat worried i'd got this on the plane.

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... I wonder... Maybe I should try with some fuel for spinning first...

I know, I'll start a thread!! ubblol

rolleyes

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
as long at you pack it in small containers under 100ml and carry it in a clear plastic bag then you should have no trouble bringing it on a plane wink or put it in a yoyo, no-one had any problems with mine when I flew 3 weeks ago it COULD have been an explosive with a long fuse wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: wiki:

1.Semtex is a taurine-containing energy drink manufactured in the Czech Republic.

2.DJ Semtex is also a BBC hip-hop disc jockey and producer from the UK.

3.Semtex is a general-purpose plastic explosive.

1. I would assume so

2. No. I would imagen it would be very messy. Also opens you up to torture/murder charges.

3. Do you even need an answer to this?!

tongue

Minispinmember
110 posts

Posted:
lol strange thread... but i wonder if it is possible...

Minispins Gunna spin you!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Spanner... good point lady!!

Semtex is sooooo late 80s, early 90s.

Radioactive material is where it's at nowadays.

Getting to the other side smile

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
What kinda gets me is 'general purpose plastic explosive'.

As far as i know, plastic explosive only has one purpose - blowing stuff up. Or can you use it for other purposes, like a doorstop?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

7,193 posts

Posted:
ubblol well this thread was started as a joke about the "can i take parrafin/kero on a plane"

and it wouldn't suprise me if mi5 where watching me wink everybody is being watched, from your mobile phone to your credit card you are traceable

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: MiG

What kinda gets me is 'general purpose plastic explosive'.

As far as i know, plastic explosive only has one purpose - blowing stuff up. Or can you use it for other purposes, like a doorstop?

semtex makes a nice replacement fuel source for camping stoves as it burns quite well........ and wont explode wink

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Well, you could just put it in your pockets if your pants are baggy enough.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

crowley2BRONZE Member
official hop cutie
272 posts

Posted:
ud be amazed at wot u could get away with while traveling to ireland i had in my carry luggage a pair of hancuffs (no not for what ur thinking they were for a practical joke we were gonna play on sm1) anyway i managed to get these on to the plane i didnt notice till i went to get my book

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry pratchett

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
"I find it surprising that some people do not consider all uses of explosives to be recreational" can't remember who said it.

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
On my way back to england from some country, the metal detector thing beeped at me but no-one took notice ubbloco

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

Minispinmember
110 posts

Posted:
yer well andy its highly unlikely that a 14 yr old is gunna be carrying a weapon or somin dangerous

Minispins Gunna spin you!

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
You sure?

https://www.teachkidspeace.org/doc1020.php

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
 Written by: crowley2

ud be amazed at wot u could get away with while traveling to ireland i had in my carry luggage a pair of hancuffs (no not for what ur thinking they were for a practical joke we were gonna play on sm1)

i was thinking for doing escapes...what were YOU thinking!! wink

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
my mother has a metal knee and can go through the metal detectors, but when i was at the washington cty courthouse my ummmm chest beeped

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Just before we went to the airport to fly home from Kenya, I bought a life sized silicone rubber frog, that lights up when you squash it, and I put it in my top pocket.

There were some government officials flying on our plane, so as well as being held up for an hour waiting for them to turn up, we had to go through something like 7 metal detectors and X-Ray machines. I'd have to remove my shoes and belt each time. I was nervous that one of the armed guards would be worried at me having a hand at the waistband of my trousers, after just setting the metal detectors off, and tell me to put my hands up. This would have been most embarrasing, as my trousers had a rather large waistband, and I usually go commando.

After finding out at the first metal detector that the frog set them off, I'd take it out of my pocket, and put it in the tray.

This provided great amusement and took the edge off being annoyed by the delay and excessive security, as Kenyans appear to be terrified of frogs.

As soon as anyone saw it they'd shriek, and jump backwards, then cautiously approach it and give it a poke, at which point they'd shriek and jump again, as it feels so wierd and lights up. One of the security staff was chasing the others round with it at one point.

I dread to think of the chaos that I could have caused with this and the cabin crew biggrin

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.