Forums > Help! > Insurance Issues, University Society

Login/Join to Participate

reubsnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Hi all.

I've just set up a Circus and Street Performance Society at Derby University but I'm having a few problems. We've been told by the SU that we are not covered to do performances at the University as we are not affiliated with a National Governing Body. Does anybody know if there is a body we can be affiliated with to overcome this problem. Or any loophole? Or way we can get round this without purchasing our own insurance.

Thanks

Reubs

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Well, "Equity" is probably the closest thing to a NGB I can think of... For insurance though, you (or the uni) will have to fork out some cash. I highly doubt the Uni's insurance would cover fire/ariel work anyway

smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

reubsnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
In this particular instance we were not looking for fire cover. We only want to do LED performances.. does that make any difference?!

Thanks... again!

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
 Written by: reubs

In this particular instance we were not looking for fire cover. We only want to do LED performances.. does that make any difference?!

Thanks... again!

Yes! It means you don't need fire insurance, which can be very difficult to sort out.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!