• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Where did you see yourself today 10 years ago?

Login/Join to Participate

Zamorghia

Total posts: 38
Posted:That last question of "where do you see yourself in 10 years?" made me think. I relized were you want to be and what you will become are very diferent. I started to answer that than realized it was very hard. i can say by looking at were i wanted to be today 10 years ago is very diferent than were i am at today. not to say it is a bad spot cuz i am very hapy with my life i created.
but think about this and reply to this as well as the futer question too.i am interesed in hearing my fellow hop.

Live in the present. Don't dwell in the past or worry about the future.

Delete Topic

Doc Lightning
GOLD Member since May 2001

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Total posts: 13920
Posted:I was going to be a lawyer. I was 15 then and I thought that might be cool...

-Mike )'(
Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

"A buckuht 'n a hooze!" -Valura

Delete

MTM Monster

MTM Monster

Moat monster

Total posts: 208
Posted:International rockstar.

A good deal of growr, some grr and quite a bit of snarl, spit and some biting. just a regular day at the office.

Delete

Mistress Aurora

Mistress Aurora

Hot Schtuff

Total posts: 1032
Posted:Hmm this is a hard question for me because there was so many things I could see myself doing by now.Well one thing was to be a veterinarian and own my own vet clinic.Didn't realize that I would be in school for most of life....
I want to be over and done with school...Making money getting rich... Blah, Blah.
One thing that just popped in my mind was that I also wanted to have my own televised veterinarian show.Sorta like the stuff found on Animal Planet.I was hoping to have a boyfriend.Mainly because I never had one and wasn't allowed too.Parents wanted me to pay attention to school and leave the boys alone.I wanted to have more friends. I wanted to go to TX A&M vet school, but I ended up going to OK State Univ. I love my choice in college tho...I would not have met the people I did or Dio or done firedancing.I never heard of such thing til the beggining of this year.

That's pretty much the jist(sp) of it.I could go on and on for a long time about what I was dreaming about when I was 10yrs old, but I won't bore yall that bad!!!

Nice question to ask tho.Makes you think about your past dreams for the future...Which some things I did follow through with and others I didn't.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Delete

Mistress Aurora

Mistress Aurora

Hot Schtuff

Total posts: 1032
Posted:Hmm this is a hard question for me because there was so many things I could see myself doing by now.Well one thing was to be a veterinarian and own my own vet clinic.Didn't realize that I would be in school for most of life....
I want to be over and done with school...Making money getting rich... Blah, Blah.
One thing that just popped in my mind was that I also wanted to have my own televised veterinarian show.Sorta like the stuff found on Animal Planet.I was hoping to have a boyfriend.Mainly because I never had one and wasn't allowed too.Parents wanted me to pay attention to school and leave the boys alone.I wanted to have more friends. I wanted to go to TX A&M vet school, but I ended up going to OK State Univ. I love my choice in college tho...I would not have met the people I did or Dio or done firedancing.I never heard of such thing til the beggining of this year.

That's pretty much the jist(sp) of it.I could go on and on for a long time about what I was dreaming about when I was 10yrs old, but I won't bore yall that bad!!!

Nice question to ask tho.Makes you think about your past dreams for the future...Which some things I did follow through with and others I didn't.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Delete

Trippie Hippie
BRONZE Member since May 2002

Trippie Hippie

old hand

Total posts: 733
Posted:Well 10 years ago i saw myself at Uni and then going on to be an Architect.
If that hadn't of worked out i was going to join a circus.

5 Years ago i was thinking of setting up my own property development company.

3 Years ago i was training to be a graphic designer.

2 Years ago i wanted to open a bar in spain.

1 Year ago (Just over) i was critically ill in hospital, with less than no chance of survival.
If that had worked out i was going to join the circus in the sky.

Where am i now??
Working in an office as a IT Analyist, still trying to set up my property development company and Wishing that i could run away and join a circus.
It's strange how things pan out.

In 10 years i see my self a raging alcoholic
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
High Class Hippy No:1
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:I saw myself in the first year of a master's degree in English at Oxford or Cambridge!!! but back then I was in the first year of senior school getting raucously bullied there and raucously abused at home so it looked like a way out. I don't regret not going to college or university because I've made the best of the good days and the bad, for my boyfriend and our son too. If I had gone down the other road in life I probably wouldn't have these two, and I couldn't imagine life without them now.

[ 26. March 2003, 00:36: Message edited by: WessexGirl ]

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

_Stix_

_Stix_

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2419
Posted:I think 10 years ago - I would have seen myself as a wife and mother, but years of techno, festivals and associated pastimes kicked in ..

But if I hadn't been wife and mother I'd would like to have thought I would have been a therapist of some sort - herbalist or massuse or something like hands on healing...

But now I'm an office manager in IT - that dabbles with healing on a weekend every other blue moon..

Ho hum..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Delete

Noiseyflower
BRONZE Member since Jan 2009

Noiseyflower

Yell and scream all you like

Total posts: 53
Posted:10 years ago I saw myself in my final year of hgh school being popular and at the top of my class..
I got the first bit right, I am in my final year of school but now i look down at the popular people and feel sorry for them whilst am surounded by really good friends. at the top of my class? maybe not but I'm happy to be dong as well as I am. smile

Delete

rin_666
SILVER Member since Jul 2006

rin_666

enthusiast

Total posts: 223
Posted:10 years ago I was determined to be a psychologist, now I help teach kids kung fu but I'm so much happier.

Delete

aston
SILVER Member since Dec 2007

aston

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League

Total posts: 4061
Posted:Hmmm.... I was 11. In a spacelab. In space. With aliens.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Delete

Mr Majestik
SILVER Member since Mar 2004

Mr Majestik

coming to a country near you

Total posts: 4693
Posted:probably in the mirror, i look at it most days...

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Delete