Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Down the Rabbit Hole 2: Digging Deeper

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
So it seems there might be a few spinners heading to asia this winter with spinning on their minds. I just wanted to see who else is heading over, what their plans are while they're over there.

My tickets are booked! I'm arriving in bangkok 16th november, and returning to ireland 3rd February

I've heard from a lot of spinners of a park in bangkok where people meet up every day to play. Thanks to Banshee Cat for the following info:

Written by:

It is the Pra Atit boat stop, and the park is called Pra Sumen. I would reccommend staying closish by at the guesthouses on Sri Ayyutaya rd-- Tavees Guesthouse, or Sri Ayyutaya's, or Shantis, all very close together down that road. Nice community... May Kai Dees is a great restaurant for veggie food along near that strip-two locations, one on samsen, and one off the end of Kho San rd and across the st.... Probably more specific address in the guide books...

Nick (poi celebrity number 1 wink) is planning on a poi camp in Pai, northern Thailand, where spinipulation enthusiasts can meet up and play, practice, etc (see his post below). I definately plan on spending some time up there with him during my adventure. Probably stop number one after bangkok... ubbrollsmile

Leave your winter behind, come find some winter summer!

COME SEE HOW FAR THE RABBIT HOLE GOES!

sunny

grouphug

weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley

meditate

ubbrollsmile

Ronan

EDITED_BY: Ronopotamus (1162506759)

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
@bigtoemaso: do we know each other..kaiserslautern??

and your flight is one way or back as well??

@ martina: kisses to you and the others..where do you all meet..i know nothing about a meeting..schade!!

love josh hug

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Ummm, is there still going to be poi shenanigans happening in Pai late January? confused
Cos that's when I will be heading over there...

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

orenicoPLATINUM Member
143 posts

Posted:
it's cold here in pai. be ready.

Love, Love, Love...

PooKaSILVER Member
journeyman
64 posts

Posted:
Hi, I'm moving to Asia and Thailand in february...
I really hope to meet others spinners!
does someone will still be there???? weavesmiley

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
At least several of us will be in Thailand until April, but we won't necessarily always be in Pai. There's a chance we'll head south for a while if it gets to cold here, and we also might go on some adventures, to see more of SouthEast Asia.

So yes, we'll be... somewhere reasonably accessible from Bangkok smile

There's a very special somebody who says they're coming for a few weeks, but they refuse to not spend a decent amount of that time on the beach. This person is of such significant beauty and brilliance that if we have to go to the, ugh, beaches to enjoy their company, then... well, snorkeling it is.

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
@josh:wave
hope you liked it.......i loved it!?!

grouphug
tina

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
So just how cold is cold in pai?

Are we talking snow .....or are we just talking low teens in the day and lower at night?

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Now i have to say this whole "cold" thing is very relative. I'm sitting in the shade in shorts and t shirt, and still very warm. it has been hot and sunny everyday since i arrived. The night is the cold part, long trousers and pullover, and socks, but we are still chilling out and playing outside every night. For me its a perfect sleeping temperature.... but then again i'm from ireland smile

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
The days will always get to the high twenties at least. I doubt the evenings ever get below ten... and if it did it would be at four in the morning. Basically, late at night on the coldest day of the year, you probably want warm trousers, a big sweater, and a wool hat. Next morning when the sun comes out you're warm as a button again.

Or am I mixing metaphores?

n

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
*breaks down with inconsolable greif*

I WANNA GOOOOOOOOOOO frown

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
well then, do.

Getting to the other side smile

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Well, duh tongue

Je suis skint (and having only been back 4 months don't really feel I can justify it wink )
Doesn't mean I can't be jealous biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Nonsense.

I am also skint. And in debt... I'm still hoping the winds take me there.

And you don't have to go for months...

You should try.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
£482 for flights 2 flying out 4th Jan, back 8th March...

Oooooooooooooo biggrin

2 weeks in Laos, 4 weeks in Thailand, back for 2 more weeks in Laos ubblove

Yum

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
That's ages!!

But, if you can... you should.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yeah, but it's not worth flying there for a shorter amount of time - once we're there it'll be cheap, it's the getting there I can't afford smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

MishyMashnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Well hello hello! Looks like all you fatties are having a great time, and I have to come looking down scary rabbit holes to find out!

Hello big brother...shorts in the shade pffft...when is someone going to come out with the teleporter for good? Give everyone a big fat kiss from me!
Mishy xxxxx

If you can remember to breathe youre on the right track smile

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
It's funny. I've been getting a bunch of "I'm so jealous of you being in Thailand," and then I ask people, "well why aren't you here?" And they say, "I can't afford it," and I say, "neither can I, so don't be jealous." ubbloco

You don't need money, just credit! ubbrollsmile

n hug hug hug

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hmmm I see flaws in the plan of all you need is credit.....

However, I'm not complaining I've got money and I am going.

biggrin

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Bah, more people I wanna see....

But can't go down the credit route - not a fan of living off borrowed money...

Still, there's always the lottery biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

POIcessionGOLD Member
stranger
20 posts

Posted:
So I arrived in Pai today...been walking the streets looking for the Poi spinners with no luck....

Where are you guys???

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
wave hello all! I'll be in Thailand from the 4th Jan, then going down to Cambodia for a few weeks if anyones around? Would be good to meet some friends!
hug

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
We're at Pai River Lodge and P.S. Riverside. Map link on playpoi.com/why_thailand

A few of us are taking off for a few days though. I have to do a border run, so I'm going to Laos for a few days.

We'll be back here for a couple weeks, and then we're all heading south, possibly for a month or two.

Beaches here we come!!!!

n

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
@Maiuki: kiss I write to you soon, my dear.....just have to do soooo many things at the moment....and i wanna take my time for your mail......so thinking of you....hug

@nick: hug hope you find the time you need for yourself........whenever we see us again i can help you with yoga hug

and loads of hug kiss to stefan and nicola.....and doro: thx for the candles! hug

cadena: thx for the invitation and josh, mike, shamir, andy, doro.......for our naked-night-swimming-sauna- pool-thing kiss

take all care, grouphug
tina

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

PooKaSILVER Member
journeyman
64 posts

Posted:
thanks to answering!! I have some difficults whith my internet so it's hard to get information........ I don't have my tickets yet but I think I will arrived in thailand first of february....

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Hey Maus! I get into Bangkok around the 10th of Jan, so I will certainly be "around " Hope to see you!
smiles
Andrea hug kiss ubbrollsmile

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
hey lovers, seems I was in thailand the wrong season. I just got back from there this summer frown

But many hug to you, and have fun! Tis a great place for poi. *stares lovingly at his myspace poi photos.

Nick! I have to get my act together and talk with you! After finals wink

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Much of the Pai group may be heading south for a while. We'll be having a powwow about it soon. Several of us want to check out the world rainbow gathering and possibly a big trance festival at Krabi for New Years, then we're thinking of going to Koh Phangan for a month... so January on the Islands!!!

All this may change. Best not to go to where you think we are and THEN ask us, "where are you?"

So see some of you somewhere sometime soon. I know some of us will be in Pai for at least a couple more weeks, but headind south... around dec 20th???

n

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
oh well - I guess Christmas in Pai is out for us then...

let us know where you end up. We will be going to the Rainbow thing and we will prbly try to check out the full moon party on koh Phangan

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
...@martina:

i loved it ubblove

@ all: do you all know now, where the rainbow gathering gonaa happen?? confused

ubbrollsmile josh

Page: ......