Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > *UPDATED* Woodford Festival Circadia 2006

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
**** UPDATE **** UPDATE ****UPDATE****

bounce bounce2 bounce

Last night I went to the Program Launch for the 21st Woodford Festival and I am leaping about with glee bounce bounce2 bounce

2000 performers, 6 days, 15 venues of Circus, Cabaret, Burlesque, Dance, music, greenie stuff, lotsa lotsa comedy.

Magic site installations...loadsa street life.. an amazing film festival including the Australian Animation Festival and a whole series of Aeon Flux!!!

The music program is just incredibly diverse...blues, world, murri, hiphop etcetcetc... As long as it has a heart... ubblove

Names you might know this year: John Butler Trio, Lior, Ganga Giri, Xavier Rudd, Blue King Brown, Resin Dogs, Ash Grunwald, the Bird, the Herd... and mindblowers like That One Guy, Leo... Augh too many names to mention.

The whole program should be up on the website soon.

NO WORRIES about tickets. There are expanded camp grounds this year (that has been the limiting factor in the past). So get your ticket online, print it off and it will be NO PROBLEM to get in. There are guaranteed tickets at the gate this year but online is quicker and cheaper.

THERE ARE ALSO PLENTY OF VOLUNTEER PLACES STILL AVAILABLE

www.woodfordfolkfestival.com

Now to talk about our own special dedicated spinny/juggly/circus play venue sunny Circadia sunny with more ways to participate than you can shake a sh*tty stick at. All day workshops (everything from staff to stilts) free play space and toys to share!

sunny Professional performers, choreographers and actors working with you to create routines and minishows. Strut/spin your stuff at night at our indoor Cir-Cabaret Open Stage or outdoor FirePlace.

sunny A daily professional development forum on topics such as Fire Safety, International Marketing, How to Busk etc.

After midnight settle in for Chillcadia, with cool tunes and amazing visuals from our resident genius, Kyle McLean.

Any questions, feel free to PM or ask here... I've been on the Woodford organising group for about ten years now, so I probably know the answer better than those weird rumours that get around every year! wink

EDITED_BY: newgabe (1162084263)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Crikey!!! I've sort of unpacked twenty boxes of Circadigear (onto my floor at least), washed multiple loads including a scary bag of fire towels. Now to wash the mud off the van and take it back to the hire place, go back up to Woodford and take down my own tent site, and um, get ready for Exodus!!!

Nice one, everyone. It was such a smooth year, so many good moments and lots learned for next year too.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
OK - I now have a little time with reflection to
take in all the wonderfullness and regurgitate in a cyba way
1stly BIG up to Gabe. Im sure there are many here on HOP and many 1,000's of others trhough the festival who have been touched by her energy and vision. I for one know my festival would not have been as coomfortable or enjoyable without her precence and influence and....well matress!!!!
You are an angel poorly disguished, for your wonderfull quality's shine through into others lives, more ofetn than you know - Thank You
2ndly - BIG-ups to all the Circadia crew, from the core group of Steve et al, to all ther other numerous people, who helped in the office, ran workjshops, did the fire space, mentored, did caberet and generally hung about and made the space the special place it was. I know from personal experience how energy zapping it can be down there, although lower temps, a larger crew and some money/food would have made it easier. Glad you learnt from last years experience Streve. A special shoat out goes to Mark for his HARD work, comitment and professionalism. Whenever I was there Mark was always around, even when not on duty he would be helping people. His ball juggling workshop taught me new concepts and he was a collosus in there. I great addition to the team.
It was funny - becuase of last year being down in Circadia all the time with SOLAR, I kind of kept my distance this year, making use of only being scheduled for 40 minute shows at the CourtYard to go and actually see some of the festival. I still didnt get to see much music, but did some great workshops and saw some inspirational circus. However it meant that I didnt really connect with too many of the poeple I met last year - I always find it hard at festivals anyway - So just know it wasnt me being aloof - just dealing with my stuff, after a VERY hard year and festy with SOLAR.
3rdly - Thanks to all those that worked and played at the festy generally and made it such a great place. I had a wonderfull time this year after serious reservations about being there after last year. It was a revelation and a re-grounding of my realisation that the flow is all around me - amongst the wonderfull old friends and collegues from all over the world I got to work with again (Big Love to Jacob and Sophie, Merlin, the Twisty's, Julian, Steve), the old frinds from aaround the world and Woodford (too many to mention - but was great to see you) the new friends I met, worked with, played with and did 'other things' with!! (probably best not to divulge too much there!), and the yet-to-be-met friends who I exchanged passing smiles, glances and brief interludes with - you all make Woodford what it is and a special one for me.
4-thly - Thanks to all those that came along to my FireNix shows, whip workshop and Renegade. I may look kinda stoopid out there, but I'd look a whole lot more stoopid without you guys out there to make the shows what they are and lend me your support - I hope you found entertainment, passion, learning and inspiration somewhere in what I did. I love what I do and love to share that with others, so thanks alot for that oppurtunity.
If any of you would like to take the time to give me any Constructive critism, positive, negative, neutral or otherwise!! on what your saw I would be VERY appreciative. Just PM me
5-thly. Woodford '07-'08 - Bring it on. I hope to see you all there again in 50 weeks and play some more.
Peas, Love and Light (salad) to you all

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

madjugglingGOLD Member
stranger
46 posts

Posted:
thanks rob for the compliments. greatly appreciated. and thanks again to you for being so organised and safe with your whip workshop. its the type of workshop that could so easily go wrong, but you had full control the whole time. and also, thanks for your energy on the renegade stage. i remember last year you said you were going to work on your emcee skills, and i can see you have been working, and your succeeding very well. keep it up!

and from me i would love to give a big thanks to all the lovely people i had the pleasure of working with and playing with. Gabe and Steve created this brilliant space called Circadia, and all the others helped to give it a beautiful lively energy. Thanks to all the workshop instructors who shared their wealth of knowledge. you were all so easy to work with when coordinating the workshops.

and a big thanks to Reg Bolton, my inspiration for the week!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Thanks you all for the compliments!

But a small point of order...

Neither Steve nor I are responsible for 'creating' Circadia... that honour goes directly to a most un-sung gentleman called Michael, who is the programmer of Woodford Festival. It was (and is) his vision and support that made Circadia happen. He put together ideas proposed by myself, Steve and the late Reg Bolton into a magic venue in the heart of a great festival. He loves circus, loves participation and loves people working well together. So praise him!

JaiMember
52 posts

Posted:
I would just like to that everyone that was there. Making Circadia such a great environment for people to share.

Gabe, it was great to finally meet you. I was running around on the last night trying to find you and say goodbye but u seemed to have vanished. lol.

Ahhh, i will have to continue this another day, the heat of melbourne and the lack of sleep is getting to me just a tad bit.

Love you all.

Jai.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
which one were you Jai? just trying to place a face to the name...

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

madjugglingGOLD Member
stranger
46 posts

Posted:
Well then... a huge thankyou to Michael, the one created Circadia!

Mark

JaiMember
52 posts

Posted:
I was the dude with curly hair, trying my best to juggle. lol. Doing a lil bit of Acrobalance as well . . .

Thank you mark for taking the time to talk to me. It really opened my eyes up to new possibilities.

Unfortunatly i had a fall the other night involving a spa, too much clorine and a number of steps. So i will be out of training for the next week to let the swelling come down.

I look forward to catching up with everyone again sometime throughout this year.

Peace to everyone.

Page: ...