Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > *UPDATED* Woodford Festival Circadia 2006

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
**** UPDATE **** UPDATE ****UPDATE****

bounce bounce2 bounce

Last night I went to the Program Launch for the 21st Woodford Festival and I am leaping about with glee bounce bounce2 bounce

2000 performers, 6 days, 15 venues of Circus, Cabaret, Burlesque, Dance, music, greenie stuff, lotsa lotsa comedy.

Magic site installations...loadsa street life.. an amazing film festival including the Australian Animation Festival and a whole series of Aeon Flux!!!

The music program is just incredibly diverse...blues, world, murri, hiphop etcetcetc... As long as it has a heart... ubblove

Names you might know this year: John Butler Trio, Lior, Ganga Giri, Xavier Rudd, Blue King Brown, Resin Dogs, Ash Grunwald, the Bird, the Herd... and mindblowers like That One Guy, Leo... Augh too many names to mention.

The whole program should be up on the website soon.

NO WORRIES about tickets. There are expanded camp grounds this year (that has been the limiting factor in the past). So get your ticket online, print it off and it will be NO PROBLEM to get in. There are guaranteed tickets at the gate this year but online is quicker and cheaper.

THERE ARE ALSO PLENTY OF VOLUNTEER PLACES STILL AVAILABLE

www.woodfordfolkfestival.com

Now to talk about our own special dedicated spinny/juggly/circus play venue sunny Circadia sunny with more ways to participate than you can shake a sh*tty stick at. All day workshops (everything from staff to stilts) free play space and toys to share!

sunny Professional performers, choreographers and actors working with you to create routines and minishows. Strut/spin your stuff at night at our indoor Cir-Cabaret Open Stage or outdoor FirePlace.

sunny A daily professional development forum on topics such as Fire Safety, International Marketing, How to Busk etc.

After midnight settle in for Chillcadia, with cool tunes and amazing visuals from our resident genius, Kyle McLean.

Any questions, feel free to PM or ask here... I've been on the Woodford organising group for about ten years now, so I probably know the answer better than those weird rumours that get around every year! wink

EDITED_BY: newgabe (1162084263)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Looking forward to seeing you there. Will be there as per usual, but I expect I will be spending much of the time enjoying the music.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
ummmm just wondering with the new on line ticketing thingo..... do they actually sell out?... or could we buy tickets pretty much at the time of the festival?

love all the things you have going on for circadia this year gabe... sounds awesome smile

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
I wanna go, I've never been. I've put in for holidays then so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. biggrin

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

ummmm just wondering with the new on line ticketing thingo..... do they actually sell out?... or could we buy tickets pretty much at the time of the festival?

Not expecting to sell out, and it will be possible to buy tix at the gate this year. (They tried to have only online last year but it was not popular). Its cheaper to buy tix now though.

Written by: ~Leah~

I wanna go, I've never been.

eek And you live on the Sunshine Coast!!! See you this year then, Leah, you'll love it hug

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Can't wait for this years Woodford. smile Such a great festival !

Hope to see you there Gabe. smile

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
 Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

They are up to the third round on adult season plus camping tickets. I would keep a close eye out to see if they make another release of those tickets, as that may mean that they won't be selling as many at the gate (just my theory though wink )

ubbrollsmile

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rozi

They are up to the third round on adult season plus camping tickets. I would keep a close eye out to see if they make another release of those tickets, as that may mean that they won't be selling as many at the gate (just my theory though wink )

ubbrollsmile

Nice theory Rozi wink Earlybird tickets are now gone, they will not release another batch. But as for "sell out": that rumour goes around every year, and has never yet been true. Over the last few years we bought more land to expand the camping grounds and this year we have permission to use neighbour's land for extra camping as well.

So no discounts at this point, but it's still a good idea to buy tix early... so the Festival has some working cash flow... smile

And, the Festival has increased in popularity so much over the last few years that ya never know, we could sell out. Correct current info is always on the website though.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
I am *SO* excited about woodford!! bounce bounce bounce

and circadia sounds wonderful, gabe!!

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

TumbleHatBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
I too am excited!!!!! i already have my ticket and am soooooo pumped for circadia!!! put your hands up if you think Gabe rocks!!! see you all there!!!! i like exclamation marks!!!!!!!!

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

TumbleHatBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
oh p.s. any info on the line up???????

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
we arnt going. No moneys. frown

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

Full program will be released in early November...
ubbrollsmile

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TumbleHat

I too am excited!!!!! i already have my ticket and am soooooo pumped for circadia!!! put your hands up if you think Gabe rocks!!! see you all there!!!! i like exclamation marks!!!!!!!!

cool - are you guys all driving up in that van?

program i think is to be release early november smile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

TumbleHatBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
its just going to be me from CG in the van. im going to a festival in victoria called folk rythm and life and then road tripping up to brisban for a bit before woodford. i keep hearing of a fire spinning/psyfestival shortly after woodford...does anyone know what i am talking about..i think its in byron maybe????? i should be at that aswell!!!! under six weeks to go until i start my adventures!

S3KnoTBRONZE Member
NomadicRhythmSimulator
204 posts

Posted:
You would be speaking of exodus Az-one... Mid january. Ive not been but planning on heading that way after woodford! Supposed to be a really good party/festival, set in a beautiful place and just a really good group. Its outside of byron, bald hill or something like that i think...

https://www.grooven.net/festival/

Details here, tickets etc

Petey: "i just finished a rubiks cube, from completely shuffled to not, in 1 minute 57 seconds "

Experiencing people is the best experience of all.

Govenor of Flynt's Ass...

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
grr, i know have the option to come. but its such a lot of money, so i cant decide.

*stress*

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

S3KnoTBRONZE Member
NomadicRhythmSimulator
204 posts

Posted:
aw petey......

Think of how many cuddles you'll get at woodford from all of us and all the fun you'll have and that there will be life after......... hug biggrin juggle

Petey: "i just finished a rubiks cube, from completely shuffled to not, in 1 minute 57 seconds "

Experiencing people is the best experience of all.

Govenor of Flynt's Ass...

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Exodus is held near Stanthorpe, and yeah its a great site, huge, bushy, spread out, really relaxed, big lake to swim in. Just a couple of stages with doofy music, so it's not like Woodford wink but usually good cabaret and spinny stuff happening.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Gabe did you get my PM about the poi? or was it on msn?

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

TumbleHatBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
thanks for that mate.....looks amazing

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Hiya! I should be there as always.. a note to anyone even slightly considering the idea of going to woodford... It is a totally fantastically, wonderful, super, duper, fabulously, exciting, perfectly circussy and firey, gathering of tremendously gorgeous people, and in my opinion, it is the best 9 days of every year.. so there... come!!! hug

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Yay! Just bought my woodford ticket so shall definitely be dropping in to circadia biggrin

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
*sticks this thread in favourites, just so he knows what to expect for next year*

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Yay! polarity will be at the woodford after next! Weeeeeeeeeee!

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

JaiMember
52 posts

Posted:
I have decided tonight that im going to go to Woodford!!! I have always wanted to go but have never had the time or the cash. But this time im going to do it. Im not going to go to schoolies, instead im going to Woodford!!! Im really excited. I just hope that i can get a ticket when i get paid next. Will they sell out?

Anywho, i hope to see everyones lovely face up there.

Jai.

DavidJNolanPrecision instrument of speed and aromatics
240 posts

Posted:
'snot fair.
I wanna go but can't afford it ubbcrying

Not a spinner!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Jai That's brilliant!! It will be SOOOO good to meet you ubbrollsmile

Last night I went to the Program Launch and I am leaping about with glee bounce bounce2 bounce

2000 performers, 6 days, 15 venues of Circus, Cabaret, Burlesque, Dance, music, greenie stuff, lotsa lotsa comedy.

Magic site installations...loadsa street life.. an amazing film festival including the Australian Animation Festival and a whole series of Aeon Flux!!!

The music program is always incredibly diverse...blues, world, murri, hiphop etcetcetc... As long as it has a heart... ubblove

Names you might know this year: John Butler Trio, Lior, Ganga Giri, Xavier Rudd, Blue King Brown, Resin Dogs, Ash Grunwald, the Bird, the Herd... and mindblowers like That One Guy, Leo... Augh too many names to mention!

The whole program is up on the Woodford website.

and NO WORRIES about tickets. There are expanded camp grounds this year (that has been the limiting factor in the past). So get your ticket online, print it off and it will be NO PROBLEM to get in. They are also guaranteeing tickets at the gate this year but online is quicker and cheaper.

Countdown to Woodford time!! ubbrollsmile biggrin

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 clap ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile juggle beerchug bounce2 bounce hehe bounce2 hug hug ubblove peace bounce bounce2

*is a little over excited*

TumbleHatBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
thnaks gabe you made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! soo pumped...can't wait.

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Got my programme in the mail yesterday arvo biggrin

Looks like it will a fantastic woodford!

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

Page: ...