Forums > Meet Others > Is anyone gathering in Christchurch???

Login/Join to Participate

misslucygBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
Hey hoppers,
I've been back in Christchurch from canada for about 3mths now and I'm a bit out of the scene, I'm wondering if there's anyone getting together in Christchurch to play... with whatever really! I like to play poi mostly but I play a little, little bit with staff, sticks, juggling and spheres, and would be most stoked to learn more and share whatever I can hug
I'm pretty busy with school, but will do what I can to make whatever time available if somethings going on..
lucy

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Hello, i'm back in CHCH too. Not been playing much cos of the dirty weather and lots of work to do. But if you hear of anything gimme a shout. There was a fire night on tuesdays last time i was in town, and the juggling night may or may not be happening again this year at CPIT.

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

godavidsonBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
I wonder if they are still doing it at Bridge of Remembrance on Tuesdays. confused Last time I was in ChCh they were still doing it there, but that was a long time ago....
(like 4 years) wink
g

Tuesday, Frank Kitts Park, Wgtn

misslucygBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
ohhh bums, yeah, last time I checked the bridge of remembrance wasn't happenin, hmmm.. will keep lookin...

misslucygBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
ALRIGHT!!!
Otautahi has a drumming and twirling gathering place for the summer!!
On tuesday nights behind Centennial pools on the river side not the armagh side on that litle park bit. It's just started up in the last few weeks so come and show your support and make it last til after 11pm cos that's when I usually finish work and I really wanna come play
bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2
I'm in welli til the 2nd but I plan to come along on the 3/10/06.
apparently it was going 8pm-10pm last week so lets bulk it out kids and make a night of it!!

Joe Marshallnewbie
33 posts

Posted:
Anyone know if this is still on?

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Only thing i've heard of is wednesday night unicycle crew meeting up in victoria (square or park, can't remember) the one that's a block north of cathedral square (i think)

I hear a load of non unicyclists meet there too.

I'll be there.

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

Joe Marshallnewbie
33 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I'll be at that, I'm a unicyclist too.

I've actually got some poi now, and some super nice juggling balls thanks to a visit to the homeofpoi warehouse, after the nasty NZ customs stole all my toys.

Joe

Joe Marshallnewbie
33 posts

Posted:
Just a note to anyone who wants to do poi in ChCh and searches - the unicycle meet is a good place to meet up with poi people, last week there were four or five people who spin at it. You might learn to ride a unicycle too if you're not careful.

It's Wednesdays in February, but then is changing to Thursdays from March 2007 I think. Victoria Square, block north on Columbo St. from Cathedral Square, 7ish.

If you're reading this post a long time after it was written email unisoc at hotmail dot com to find out when the meet is.

Also, the Tuesday night fire apparently last Tuesday there were a couple of people spinning fire in Centennial Park, I might go down to that if I'm around next week, cos I don't have my fire with me, only glow, and I need to have a go on someone's fire poi to keep my hand in.

Joe

annaisakiwiSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Hey there - I'm just a newbie with Poi, but looking for others to meet up with to learn some more :-)

Anna

_Annie_BRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, i used to live in chch but now i am in aussie. But it still would be nice to meet people on here from chch that are in to poi's and staff.

I was thinking of coming back for a visit and it would be cool to go for a spin with the chch crew

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I'll be in chch next week and would be good to have a juggle if anyone is about. Is that unicycle thing still happening? I can ride a uni too...be good to tyre my legs out

*runs for cover*

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Joe Marshallnewbie
33 posts

Posted:
 Written by: hexagonic

I'll be in chch next week and would be good to have a juggle if anyone is about. Is that unicycle thing still happening? I can ride a uni too...be good to tyre my legs out

Unisoc Unicycle thing is currently tuesday nights at Canterbury Uni Ballroom, 7:30pm-10:00pm.

www.unisoc.org.nz

Joe

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
if I'm in chch next tuesday (which I can be) I will certainly stop by smile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Last night was muchos fun. *really* good to meet everyone, sorry i couldn't stay longer.

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Joe Marshallnewbie
33 posts

Posted:
Was awesome last night. It all went a bit fire staff afterwards, 3.5L of kerosene went up in flames, in a good way. Those massive staffs burn about 600ml in one burn, they were so much fun to spin, I think we stopped about 11:15 when we ran out of the second lot of kerosene that we'd bought. I have no hair on the back of my right hand.

There's plans for more fire next week. I'm gonna be in Melbourne next week, darn it, and then back to UK via the USA, so I'm gonna miss it.

Joe

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Hello! I'm new in town, anyone around playing??

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

positivetouchSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
On the Friday closest to the Full Moon - spinners, hula hoopers, drummers and like-minded folk gather by the Pier at New Brighton beach to NUT OFF doing what they enjoy most. It has been going for a few months and with summer on the way (surely...) it will only get bigger.

Think it starts about 10pm.

I'm teaching Poi Classes in New Brighton - check out my thread in the Events section weavesmiley

HoffSILVER Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
The HoP team are aiming to be at half 8 - 9 pm time. is on the 26th oct

If you dive into a bathtub of boiling water with a mirror in the bottom, be careful not to panic or you may forget which way is up and drown