• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Discussion > English Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 123
Doc Lightning
Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor
Total posts: 13920
Posted:We had a "pedantic" thread back a while ago where the goal was to write whatever...as long as it was in perfect grammatically correct English.

We're not asking for that.

But for many readers of this board, English is not their first language. And for some of us, who learned to read and write properly wink it's very difficult to decipher a mess of gibberish with no punctuation, abbreviations up the wazoo (eg: "u shud cum 2 my house im havin a partee coz its my birfday an well get v drunk"), and spelling that is...original.

Now I grant this isn't my high school Honors English class, but PLEASE have the decency to at least try to use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar? Really, we all learned these basics in (forgive me) grammar school.

-Mike )'(
Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

"A buckuht 'n a hooze!" -Valura

Page: 123