• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Spinning somewhere different

Login/Join to Participate

Total posts: 5
Posted:I do lots of trampolining so the other day i decided to do poi at the same time. I got to do things like butterfly underneath me. leg wraps with both legs in front. But my favorite by far was somersaulting over a buzzsaw.

So i was wondering where else have people spun poi thats a bit different and fun?

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Can you try front somersaults whilst isolating your poi please?
i.e You rotate, must the poi heads keep pointing at the ground smile
And then can you video it for me please.

I have spun on roundabouts/merry go round things.
And whilst hanging upside down from football goalposts.

Total posts: 18
Posted:I've spun whilst hanging upsidedown too... but was off one of those rope-frame-climby things. Got some odd looks weavesmiley

There appears a flight of dragons without heads. Good fortune.

Total posts: 2109
Posted:I spun on a trampoline at Burning Man this year... Unfortunately, I decided to do it with Beaming Poi and my session ended shortly after I almost took off a knee cap in mid air. I also regularly spin poi on roller skates.

Note to all: Do not spin Beaming Poi while jumping on a trampoline!

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

Total posts: 55
Posted:I've been spinning by moonlight..

Dont know if that qualifies as somewhere "different"

was pretty good.. had tailes on my poi and the moonlight reflects off them fantastically biggrin

Thats Mr Poi-ro!
Qualified SCUBA Diver.. Not worked out how to fire spin and dive at the same time yet.. grr

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2666
Posted:Ive spun in the rain, it was fun.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

HOP librarian
Total posts: 1841
Posted:Me runing, rhyming and dancing.

(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
Total posts: 544
Posted:My girlfriend, my friend Sully, and I all spun on top of different boulders on top of a mountain before but thats more strange then different.

Peace, Love, Circles

Mission: Ignition
Total posts: 534
Posted:I've done the trampoline thing as well, is really fun, if not a bit dizzying at times. Have you tried doing a stradle jump and wrapping both legs like that. it might look cool as a combo with wraping in front. Let me know how it goes, I played with it once, but never got as good as you. ^_^ happy jumping.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Total posts: 577
Posted:Hrmm.. if I had a giant trampoline, and my old spatial awareness back, I'd say it was time to practice some full body spin thru-wraps! Whoever takes that idea needs to vid it and send me a copy smile

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

Total posts: 213
Posted:I hpope Andy doesn't mind me linking to his vid, but for interesting places to spin this has to be seen! I think right-click then save target as is the easiest way to view it.

Will those capable of telekinesis please raise my hand?