• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Shefcon 2006 - The Sheffield Juggling Convention

Login/Join to Participate

Darkmatter
BRONZE Member since Aug 2005

Total posts: 25
Posted:The Sheffield Juggling Convention 2006 juggle weavesmiley

The date penceled in for this years best juggling convension, held right here in sheffield, the heart of britain is the saturday and sunday of the 25th/26th of March 2006.

more information will be coming soon.

Responces to the date, and clashes of events already!! planned would be greatful.

Plus anyone interested in showing off the circus skills get in touch.

Visit http://www.shef.ac.uk/~ftc/
and visit the forum for any specific questions

more to come, watch this space

============================================
PCRules.com - Welcome to the PC age

Delete Topic

Matthew B-M

Matthew B-M

Lemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative

Total posts: 605
Posted:Given how close this is, is there any more information available yet?

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

Delete

lizzyboo

Total posts: 1
Posted:Hi All!

Regretably, we've been mucked around so Shef:Con has been postphoned. REALLY sorry it's such short notice to let you all know.

We have proposed new dates of the 13th & 14th May, so check back with this space later.

And before anyone sez 'owt, yes, I DO know it's the Brit Uni Con on the same dates... redface

If anyone needs to ask any questions, you can PM / e-mail me.

Cheers,

Liz

Delete

Darkmatter

Posted:Good News Everybody!!! Shefcon has found a date, and a hall!!

Apologies for all the confusion, but after the initial let down of the original date being cancled because the hall we needed was double booked we have had major problems with finding a good day, and a day that we can have the hall!

Apologies if there was some confusion on confirmation on previous dates, but these dates where not confirmed by the teapots society.

Now i can definatly say that the hall is booked for the 1st and 2nd of July.. thats 1st and 2nd of July 2006!

prices to be confirmed

Wanted!

If anyone would like to come and do a workshop, or even an act please contact me asap at timcrittenden@pcrules.com

Check www.shef.ac.uk/~ftc and go to the forum for latest updates

Cheers

EDITED_BY: Darkmatter (1144502271)

Delete

Darkmatter

Posted:Erm sorry, i said hall but didn't actually specify what hall.. It is going to be the same as last year which is the Goodwin Sports Hall, at the University Sports Centre, U Sport. More information, plus directions, prices and maps will all become available on the teapots website (www.shef.ac.uk/~ftc/) soon.. I will post when the infomation is available.

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Will the attendees get to meet OWD?

bounce2

Delete

Darkmatter

Posted:Who?

Delete

FireNix
BRONZE Member since Apr 2001

FireNix

old hand

Total posts: 904
Posted:OWD - 'one weapon of destruction' - obviously!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Delete

lolli

purple penguin- soon to be

Total posts: 478
Posted:Hey hey you crazy cats,

feelin strange to be typing here, but little something something for yous to be knowing,

the teapots forum is down at the moment :'( but will be up and runing again soon. details, such as maps, directions and local establishments of alcoholic beverages will be posted there and here in the next coupla weeks.

Jon no promised of meetings bar the aquantaince of yer mouth and cake (mmmm cake). . .you gonna come play hun?

keep smiling y'all,
hope to see you in july : )
Lolli

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Delete

Darkmatter

Posted:The website is finally up, Please visit http://teapots.union.shef.ac.uk/shefcon06.shtml
for information about the event.

Tell Everyone!!!!

Delete

_Siege_
SILVER Member since Jan 2005

_Siege_

Total posts: 181
Posted:Looking forward to this. Is it really sad that I may have to come alone? frown

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

Delete

_Siege_

_Siege_

Posted:Not coming alone now, Yay! Persuaded two of my mates that it would be a really cool thing to do. You guys had better help prove me right! ubbrollsmile

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

Delete

lolli

purple penguin- soon to be

Total posts: 478
Posted:

Hey hey y'all, the show line up is now up on the teapots site (see link above) though is incomplete as we have two juggling acts not listed on there so far. WHOOP WHOOP!!

There will also be two amazing locals bands coming to play: Sequoia who will help us see satuaday out with some dub beats and the bluesome twosome for some achingly good blues to accompany workshops on the sunday. (mmmm if your a Robert Johnson fan you'll love these guys!)

We've had some questions about parking and sleeping space so . .. the hall is avalible overnight for people to crash in, we also have use of the halls shower and wash room facilities. there is a small (~ 20-30 spaces) car park however the hall is in a residential area so there are LOADS of parking spaces in the nearby area.

This is gonna be fun guys : )

Siege, your gonna be in some of the loveliest (if not pinkist :'() company there is, and so never alone!

if anyone has any queries or such melarky please pm/email/phone me and ill try and scort it.

one day to go, HURRAH
See yous there : )
Lolli xx

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Delete

Dunc
GOLD Member since Aug 2003

Dunc

playing the days away

Total posts: 7263
Posted:I can't make it ubbcrying Snot fair, I'm just too busy this weekend with a gig and another festival I got tickets for.

All the best Lolli, I'm sure it'll be super wicked great biggrin If you could move it to next week I'd be there for sure, go on, you know you want to wink

hug for you lovely Lolli, see you soon I hope....next PiP perhaps? If you're still around then of course hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete

Eccles
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Eccles

enthusiast

Total posts: 251
Posted:had a great weekend, learn some new tricks as well~

Delete

_Siege_

_Siege_

Posted:Thanks to everyone involved in organising this weekend - it was great! Cheers Lolli, Tim, Andy, Si and all the other people who made things happen! Hugs to you all! hug

Thanks for the bottle of wine as well! beerchug

Si, thanks for the new staff moves - I can't do any of them now I'm back home even though I've been practising for hours! Must be something to do with not being in Sheffield or something. Maybe we have different gravity in Ashby?..... lolsign

Hi Eccles - you were the guy doing poi in the show weren't you? That was some pretty cool stuff you were doing. It has definitely inspired me to keep practising and to develop my own poi/dance routine.

Anyway.. hug to everyone. Hopefully see you at Poi in the Park.

Delete

Eccles
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Eccles

enthusiast

Total posts: 251
Posted:Cheers Siege!

I want to learn double short staff as well. but not sure where i should buy thou...

Delete

Seye
SILVER Member since Mar 2005

Seye

Geek

Total posts: 1261
Posted:Hello to everyone that was at shefcon on sunday when me and Nick turned up. It was nice to meet some more people. Especially the legend that is OWD wink

Eccles - Dude, those straight jackets were amazing! Sorry I was suffering from temporary deafness while I was talking to you redface

I'm not sure who the guy doing the contact staff workshop was but it was cool to have a play and bounce some ideas smile

Anyways - If I met you, hi and thanks smile I'm sure I'll see you all again soon biggrin

Delete

onewheeldave
GOLD Member since Aug 2002

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3252
Posted:A nice mellow convention; the show was certainly memorable smile

Good to meet Nick and Seye.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Delete