Forums > Help! > Can minors be paid to spin fire???

Login/Join to Participate

1 post

Does anyone know where I can find out if it is legal for minors to be paid to spin fire. I live in NY State USA. I have heard that it is not legal, but I need to know for sure. How can I find out what the laws are in my state?


SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts
Location: Wales

To spin in public you need public liability insurance. I would imagine that would be VERY hard to get for a minor.

As for local laws I would ask the police dept. They should be able to advise you.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

spritieSILVER Member
2,014 posts
Location: Galveston, TX, USA

I would pm NYC. He's been spinning in the area for quite some time and would probably have a better idea who to direct your inquiries to. The police around here have absolutely no idea what the regulations regarding fire spinning are.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,688 posts
Location: Epsom, Surrey, England

Aye - I think where you'll get stuck is you'll find it VERY hard to get insured as a minor.

And you shouldn't think about getting paid for spinning (fire or not) without being insured...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

HOP Newsletter
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more...